Reviews for Bit Of A Cold Fish
fan-rei chapter 1 . 12/22/2016
Thank for sharing. Good one.
Amanthya chapter 1 . 10/7/2016
I didn't expect to like this so much. I enjoyed seeing Sybil's relationship with her father, and how it shaped her, when I'd never given thought to him before. And it's nice to see the rare peaceable moment between her and Sam. You also kept her consistently in character while accounting for her younger age, and Rust - he's exactly what I'd expect from the character we later know and loathe. Overall: good job!
TreacleMineRoad chapter 1 . 9/23/2013
Really captured Sybil as a young girl. Fascinating glimpse of what Rust must have been like. The meanness of him is not well captured in JINGO, but you know it had to be there. I usually like shorter stories, but this is really fine. More Sybil!
Fireabovefirebelow chapter 1 . 9/13/2012
I simply cannot get enough of these well written fanfictions! I have to say that I wish there were more writers like you on , and also thank you for taking such time and energy in writing this wonderful fanfic!
A.A. Pessimal chapter 1 . 6/3/2012
I am impressed. Especially with all the detail built into this story. It has duly been added to my favourites. Thank you.
Cassie5squared chapter 1 . 5/30/2012
This was an unexpected but very welcome discovery when I wandered into the Discworld section today. You seem to have grasped the Pratchett writing style excellently, footnotes and all. I especially liked the way you took hints from canon and fleshed them out to create a humorous and beautifully-characterised piece.

I enjoyed the story very much and immediately linked it to two of my friends with recommendations along the lines of "Read this now!"

The only (and very minor) quibble I had was to do with your speech marks; along the way I noticed that a few of them got lost. That might be something worth checking over in future.

In conclusion: great job!
CoffeeWench chapter 1 . 4/24/2012
Charming, all of it. And it was very nice to meet your Lord Ramkin; I would like to see what he'd have ended up thinking of Sam, had he lived to know of it.
Mary Craig chapter 1 . 4/23/2012
Oh lovely :-)

What a shame old Lord Ramkin never met Sam Vimes, or his grandson.

I like your young Sybil; she's clever and capable and so intensely decent, while still able to be earthily real :-)

Thank you for the story, and posting it; much appreciated.

kind regards,

Mary
MistressParamore chapter 1 . 4/22/2012
I love this, I can just see the young Rust being so vain he twiddled his moustache! Superb and so in character :)