Reviews for Hunger
Hawki chapter 1 . 3/7
-“In their way, the three etecoons, both Dachoras, and even Adam, each complained of the heat, beseeching Samus to set the temperature in the ship just a few degrees lower.”

Why are “Dachoras” capitalized but not “etecoons?” Also noticed that “Chozo” is capitalized but “human” isn’t, though that’s more minor (seriously, what is it with sci-fi and capitalizing species names and not giving humans the same treatment? 0_0)

-Nice description of Samus’s hunger. I’ll also give credit to the use of temperature as a method of foreshadowing. It does feel a bit passive at times, since there’s no conveyance of thought outside the narrative, but it serves its purpose.

-“I’m sorry Lady but I can’t let you do that.”

Huh. Guess Adam’s a friend of HAL.

-I skipped a bit with the…scene, as I’ll call it, but I can’t really review this without commenting on it. Well, it’s distasteful, but the fic doesn’t shy away that it is indeed distasteful, though I’m far more inclined to sympathize with the etecoons and co. rather than Samus in the act, even though the former’s loss is quickly glossed over in order to focus on Samus’s plight. Not that her plight isn’t worthy of note, but…well, yeah.

-Anyway, decent job. I’ve seen a lot of ideas thrown around for a post-Fusion event/series of events, but this is the first one I’ve seen it taken from this angle, and certainly feels viable in the scope of the oneshot itself. There’s also Adam’s last lines, of the Federation taking “good care of her,” as if he’s either regressed to a more base form of programming, or has realized that Samus is beyond saving.

So all in all, good job.
Cryophase chapter 1 . 5/25/2014
Well that was a damn good read. I'm more of a Prime series fic-writer myself, and I never really thought about what effect the Metroid DNA would have on her. This is quite a horrid(and intriguing) side-effect. I'd be curious to see how she progresses further as the Metroid DNA consumes her.

One crit I would have though, I'm not sure it's accurate to say she's one third human. She's more human than anything else, and I don't think it's plausible that she's just as much Metroid and Chozo as she is human. Though, watching her struggle as that human part of her dwindles,(along with her sanity), would make for some interesting development.

Also, as a nitpick, "finding enlightenment" is more of a profound spiritual revelation than an arbitrary way of calming down, so I'm not sure it works in that context.

Great read overall, delightfully disgusting and real. Internal struggles are the most fun to read.
Guest chapter 1 . 12/5/2012
i guse samus beter inject sume zebesien
CatOfTheHunterMoon chapter 1 . 5/22/2012
I was so stunned by samus's actions!
Shortchannel4 chapter 1 . 5/9/2012
Interesting premise, can't wait for more.