Reviews for It started with a dog, it ended with distrust
randomplotbunny chapter 8 . 1/29
This is so spectacular! I am so loving how you're making the Team work for Tim's forgiveness, now if only Gibbs will come around and see that he himself was in the wrong.
This story is fantastic! I can't wait for more!
lmill123 chapter 8 . 7/6/2014
I do hope that you will continue with this story. Out of everyone I can see Tim forgiving Tony before any of the others for the simple fact Tim knows Tony can be an unthinking jerk at times, but Tim should also remember that before this show he had locked Tony out of the car when Tony was trying to get away from two attack guard dogs, I always believed that was part of the reason for Tony's cd, but played in a nice safe place where all his parnks happen. Ziva could have stopped the prank but thought it was funny and did nothing. Gibbs should have called someone to transport the dog since their cars do not have wire between the front and back seats. Ducky should have insisted that Tim be taken to the hospital instead of brushing his wound off as nothing. Abby is the worst with her actions and yes she did steal Tim expesive coat that was a gift from his mother. At the very least she should have been made to pay for it. I always wondered why Abby didn't insist on Gibbs taking the dog since he has a house with a fensed yard. Was it because she knew Gibbs would made her pay for all the care and show up at least twice a day to take the dog for a long walk? Or the fact Gibbs would have found a good home for the dog that did not include a member of his team that did not have the time to care for the dog or Gibbs would have just told Abby to find a new place that allowed dogs.
Jason Starr444 chapter 8 . 2/4/2014
I'm so happy you updated and didn't forget this story, I've waited for TWO YEARS!
alix33 chapter 8 . 2/4/2014
LOVED Tim's letter to Sarah.
Shame on you, the rest of alleged Team Gibbs.
As a fellow Timmy lover, I can safely say I hate "'Dog tags" with a passion.
And once you get him back, treat him as crappily as always, eh, Gibbs?
Yay! for every syllable Sarah said to Abby.
"were angry with each other" - "we're angry with"'.
"betrayed her"? YOU WISH, Abby Scuito, you dim bint!
Way to go, Sarah, with slapping Abby like that.
"Your supposed to have our backs" - "You're supposed to".
I agree with Hope: Alleged Team Gibbs needs to earn Tim's forgiveness.
Jeez, teacher Hope deserves a medal for what Tim just put her through, never mind jewellery.
"took the dogs side" - "the dog's side".
"the mans voice" - "the man's voice".
"your not me" - "you're not me".
"your too kind" - "you're too kind".
"its how I ease" - "it's how I ease".
DS2010 chapter 8 . 2/4/2014
Glad Kate is kicking some Tony butt and calling out his actions and what he did to Tim.
Crawcolady chapter 8 . 2/4/2014
So glad to see this updated! Thank you. Please update again soon!
earthdragon chapter 8 . 2/4/2014
So Tim "had a nice wound" when he got attacked by Butch/Jethro did he? In fact, not only did Tim's arm get chewed up, he also got bitten in the neck. That doesn't sound like a "nice wound" to me and I have always been surprised that Ducky simply said Tim would be okay. How could he give such a casual diagnosis? What about infection from the dog's saliva - not only because of the nasty things that dogs eat but because it was high on cocaine. What Ducky SHOULD have done was insist that one of the team - be it Palmer or whoever - drive Tim to Bethesda to have his wounds cleaned out properly and to also have rabies shots and tetanus shots. Rather than simply quitting the team, Tim would be quite justified in lodging a formal complaint of negligence and lack of care for his personal safety against the agency and against the ME. Of course, he won't because he is fond of Ducky and still feels loyal towards Gibbs - hence the frankly ridiculous telephone conversation between Tim and the team in the previous chapter. Gibbs doesn't really care about Tim - he is just miffed because the team is currently a man short.
earthdragon chapter 6 . 2/4/2014
What do I think of Hope? I think she sounds like a bad tempered shrew and I pity the children in her class. Tim didn't sound to me like he was acting like a juvenile asshole. He put himself down for pity's sake - probably because so many people have called him a geek. How does that translate into him "behaving like a bastard"? I would have thought her response - if she really likes him - would have simply been to tell him to stop being such an idiot and stop thinking so poorly of himself. Tim is a nice guy - Hope knows he has had a hard time with his former fellow workers, so she should cut him some slack as he obviously has a bucket load of issues he has to work out.

So Tim has bought an expensive piece of jewellery for Hope. That's a bit OTT for what is a first date. I hope he knows what he's doing as I have a feeling he may be riding for a fall. Particularly as he has only just met her.
Saissa chapter 7 . 7/22/2013
please update this - has not been updated for a whole entire year!
Saissa chapter 4 . 7/22/2013
I made him give me his jacket to comfort the dog and…

Abby is a LIAR!

You need to go back and watch that episode again. I have just watched it in the last 10 minutes.

Actually - Tim had dropped his jacket on a table. He did NOT GIVE the jacket to Abby. She simply picked it up from the table and wrapped it around the dog - She didnt ask permission - she just STOLE IT!
alix33 chapter 7 . 6/4/2012
"Anyway the rules are you can post any old stories long as it was written after the challenge was issued so since this challenge was made in Jan I will use it. Here is where I am stuck. Challenge is called 'Let Tim find love' and its due the 16. This was never going to be romance story but Hope just happened and I like writing her. I wonder though if I should make her Tim's girl and enter the challenge." - Yes! Do it!
starjems88 chapter 7 . 6/4/2012
Can't to read the next chapter :)
Hope06 chapter 7 . 6/3/2012
oh tony just don't tell mcgee that he owes you since you guys did piss him off and upset him

keep up the amazing work
Gottahavemyncis chapter 7 . 6/2/2012
But have they fixed what's wrong? And what about Abby's part in this...she's the bigger culprit, imo, in "Dog Tags". I do like Hope and Tim certainly deserves love!
starjems88 chapter 6 . 5/10/2012