Reviews for Gone
Atarah Derek chapter 1 . 8/27/2013
I like to think that's the most plausible explanation for Hasook's inexplicable absence as well. However, I don't think Amon would be so bold as to attempt his technique on a child. He's basically destroying the part of the brain that controls bending with a series of miniature strokes. He has no idea if the technique could prove to be fatal at this point, and I don't think he's so ruthless that he'd use children as guinea pigs if he wasn't sure they'd survive the process. Not only that, but he had a very specific order in which he stripped benders of their abilities. He started with notorious gang leaders, and even gave the first-a firebender-the opportunity to fight back. He did all of this in order to secure the support of his equalists. If he'd started out his bending removal by experimenting on an innocent child, he would've lost almost all of his support. Revolutions don't start by attacking children. Revolutions begin to give children a better future.
PuppetMaster55 chapter 1 . 1/21/2013
Oh. Oh my. I had never thought of this scenario. I mean, I already figured that Amon had to have tested on benders before the Revelation, but to see it from this point of view... it's a grim reality that's glossed over in favor of a much happier ignorance. Wonderfully written, in my opinion.
XxShyxX chapter 1 . 6/13/2012
You know i still wonder how they haven't ship him with Korra
ShoeNinja chapter 1 . 5/1/2012
This was a fresh take on the Hasook question-You did a really nice job with it!
teslasward chapter 1 . 4/24/2012
I liked your story quite a lot. Believable dialogue and spine-chilling description. I also am writing a fic with some Hasook backstory and I'd love to get some opinions from another author writing on a similar topic. If you'd be so kind as to take a look, I'd be infinitely grateful. s/8046939/1/The_Ebb_and_Flow_of_the_Evening_Tide
Shadowsnake89 chapter 1 . 4/24/2012
Great story. I thought Hasook was an interesting character when i first saw him. This could explain why he was not at the match.
Xorncon - Number 0 chapter 1 . 4/24/2012
Great story! I like your explanation for why Hasook was absent. Very creative thinking lol
Anonymous chapter 1 . 4/24/2012
Pretty intense. That was great!