Reviews for The Kelpie
Bakerstreet Blues chapter 22 . 5/14
Wow, so many things I'd like to comment on here...

First: TERRIFIC writing. A true pleasure to read.

I always thought that House's 'self-loathing' tendencies were somewhat based on what his 'friends' thought of him. Cuddy and Wilson (though more matured in this story) were never very supportive of him (after all they both basically called him a heartless sociopath...which we ALL know is untrue). Cuddy said once that "in relationships you share your misery", well that may very well be true, however, it like so many other things in Cuddy's life, was a one-way street...her way or the highway.

As for Wilson...ugh. Wilson has always been more screwed up than House. Wilson's greatest character flaw is his lack of loyalty...not only to his wives but also his 'friendships'. Which lets face it, House was Wilson's only friend as well. Nolan was right...they were toxic for each other. I just re-watched "MEANING" the other day...man, that one really hurt. That is when House should have dissolved his connections with BOTH Wilson and Cuddy. What kind of a friend would want the look of utter misery on their best friends face...just for humility sake? yep, that would have been my ending point..."god doesn't limp"...very true. House had always known his flaws, yet couldn't get anyone to accept him that way.

This story gave me a real closure for House...HE was a better man away from the negative belittling that Cuddy and Wilson did to him...

Very well done...Now on to the next one.

BSB
Great story you got there. Some stuff really surprised me. Like Rachel without her legs?! House without his leg?! Cool! Very interesting plot I think. Now I just hope I'll find the time to read the sequel soon. Thanx for keeping me entertained!
harpomarx chapter 22 . 4/3/2014
I'm a little late in commenting... but I found this whole premise intriguing, and I'm delighted that there seems to be a sequel brewing. Looking forward to it.
linda12344 chapter 22 . 3/30/2014
Very god
Me Myself I chapter 2 . 3/23/2014
WHAT? WHAT!? My name is Shannon too! Wtf? Creepy...:D
StarryEyedReader chapter 22 . 9/27/2013
This was one of the best stories I've read in this fandom. The characters retained their personalities despite the flexibility due to circumstances. The writing was smooth and great. A very interesting story line. And you kept us salivating for more after every chapter especially while house was trying to figure out his identity. Thanks a lot!
BabalooBlue chapter 22 . 12/17/2012
Right, I've commented as I've read so I don't think I need to say much else. Except maybe - thank you for writing such a great story! It sucked me in and didn't let me go until I had read the last chapter. A fantastic ride, I loved every minute of it!
BabalooBlue chapter 20 . 12/17/2012
Oh, seeing House discover his stuff in the storage unit was beautiful, particularly the piano. Lovely!
BabalooBlue chapter 17 . 12/17/2012
Oh wow. Poor House. First Lucas, now Tritter... I'm on the edge of my seat here and I'm sure I won't be able to sleep tonight until I have finished the last chapter!
BabalooBlue chapter 14 . 12/17/2012
Holy cow! I've been waiting for him to find out, all chapter long. And, wow, what a way to find out! Very nicely done. Dying to see how this continues.
(And yes, I know I'm spamming your reviews, please don't even worry about replying to my comments!)
BabalooBlue chapter 8 . 12/17/2012
Oh wow, this is fascinating! I absolutely love watching House/Barnes with the other two doctors, trying to figure himself out. I'm seeing House but House in 'disguise', this is very cleverly done. All those little things he does, my you are clever!
(Sorry, I'm gushing, but this is just perfect!)
BabalooBlue chapter 3 . 12/17/2012
OK, I admit it, I couldn't resist reading another chapter or two before work...
This was another great chapter. I love Wilson's statement in court. He is saving House, yet again.
And again, everything is nicely set up. Particularly the understated way in which you present Wilson to us now. Trying to read this chapter quickly on my way to work I nearly missed the little fact that Wilson is not working in some hospital and getting a phone call from Cuddy at the end of his working day. Very nicely done!
BabalooBlue chapter 2 . 12/17/2012
Whoa! This story came highly recommended but I hadn't quite dared to start on it yet because I was afraid it would draw me in and then not let me go until I finished. And I was right. I've only read the first two chapters and I'm already worried I won't be able to work today because I'll be itching to read more all day.
(I won't read any other reviews for now because I'm worried I'll inadvertently find out how the story progresses and I don't want to spoil my fun.)
You've set this up just perfectly. Cuddy's decision in chapter 1 nearly took my breath away. But, yes, it's an understandable and well thought through decision, especially given the state she was in at the time.
But chapter 2 blew me away - House is no longer House! And yet, he IS. Amazing feat. He has changed but in some ways, very important ways, he hasn't. The way he acts with the couple in the restaurant, the way he just has to identify the smell of her shampoo and and and... there are so many little things that are so typical House.

To make things short (don't want to spam you here), this is brilliant! Can't wait to read more, I might just sneak in a chapter or two at work, he he...
JLCH chapter 22 . 11/21/2012
I finally sat here and read every chapter of this story. When I first read it about the time you first started it, I read only the first two chapters and it was too AU for me. The whole thing about Pete's accent and how he was able to do it and all that seemed a bit much but I told myself I was going to re-read this and decide at the end. In the end, I love the way it turned out. House...or rather Pete...found out who he really was...and he took responsibility for his actions, Cuddy and Wilson faced up to their part in the whole mess, House is trying to make things right with Cuddy, Cuddy and Wilson realize House has changed and wants to be a better person and of course we see House and Cuddy really want to try again. Bless her heart, even Rachel is wonderful here, love the last chapter being her POV.

I had hoped for a positive ending and a way for House and Cuddy to start fresh and a way for Wilson and House to work their way back into each other's lives and I really like how this turned out. Bravo!
OldSFfan chapter 22 . 9/8/2012
Fantastic, original, well-realized, gripping story. You even got the Jewish stuff right (thank you!). Nolan is a good character. Lucas is creepy. And Wilson gets credit for being the complex and brilliant character who really is nearly House's equal.