Reviews for A House Divided
EddieHyde chapter 20 . 6/21
blackfire's story dosen't make sense because she has powers and cutler dose not.
Rumsey chapter 21 . 6/5
welp, I'm going to go ahead and just stop right here. This has gone from a very promising dystopian epic, to a soap opera romantic drama. I was ready for the titans to learn the meaning of friendship and heroism and purpose through change, struggle and growth. I was ready for them to take down a dictator by working together and facing some kind of challenge they'd never imagine. What I got was a derailed plot that turned into unplanned pregnancy (which is a whole new random plot in itself, almost completely irrelevant to the actual story) and an overly emotional Raven. I wasted a lot of time reading and reviewing this.
Rumsey chapter 19 . 6/5
Sigh, I find myself increasingly disappointed with Raven's characterization. Jealousy, sure I can understand - she is part human after all - but outwardly projecting it? calling someone a "super bimbo"? I don'd know, that seems a bit far fetched. Sorry I'm being nit picky, but characterization is one of the most important things in a story. If it weren't for the characters and the traits that make them who they are, why are we reading fanfiction at all?
Rumsey chapter 16 . 6/5
Sooooo I've been reading this and I absolutely love your ability to create this kind of large scale story and actually finish it. (I tried a few years back and abandoned it after like, two chapters.) I also love the way that you incorporate canon from the comics as well, including the entire universe (Gotham, Metropolis, Amanda Waller and the Super Girl incident etc.) It makes the atmosphere very believable, and sort of reiterates the fact that this is all happening on such a large scale.

The only thing I would say, is that sometimes I find myself slightly disappointed by the smaller details. There are some scenes that are skipped over that had the potential to be very successful, for example, Beast Boy and Raven's assault on the Submarines. I think I would have related more to Beast Boy's woes had I actually 'been there' when it happened. We really haven't seen the two do much more than play house, and deal with some romantic drama. Even when Beast Boy and Raven went to help with the aftermath of the drone strike, we only saw them back at the house.

I think it may have been a bit more realistic had you kept them in civvies the entire time. The part where Raven ran into her neighbor out of costume seemed unnecessary and even a bit obstructive to the flow of the story. I found that chapter a bit odd and out of character for the two. Raven seems to be largely unaffected by the use of her powers. Healing people, for an empath, requires a great amount of energy, and even requires them to feel every ounce of pain of the victim they're healing. Not to mention the fact that she's teleporting these large distances with little physical affect.

I just find myself slightly disappointed by Raven and Beast Boy's storyline. Other than the sabotage/espionage (which we see very little of) this seems like some kind of romantic drama, which hardly does justice to either of them as heroes. Of course, they are still young, and probably dealing with real life feelings toward each other. I think it would have been balanced out better had their heroism been better displayed as well. I was going to wait it out a bit, but it's chapter 16 and I still find myself waiting. As a side note I think you only need to trademark that Chromatically Challenged Couple thing one time, if at all. It gets slightly distracting and bothersome if you keep doing it. I also think I've seen other people use it as well.

I am far more impressed with the other half of the team, so far. Starfire's display of power is something many people overlook because of her seemingly vapid disposition. you do a fantastic job of portraying her as first and foremost a warrior, which, in turn makes her and Robin's relationship all the more believable. I would have liked to see a bit more of the air battle between them and the fleet. A bit of change in pacing might enhance the immediacy of danger they faced, and even up the suspense a bit. I truly thought you were going to kill Starfire. That's not something people can really accomplish easily.

I know that I've been a bit hard in parts of this review, but understand, it isn't to discourage you. I don't write long reviews for stories unless there's something about them I really like, and I care enough about it to talk about the other things that could be worked on.

All the best,
K chapter 13 . 2/2
I wanted to write a review because you said that you think the golden age of Teen Titan fanfiction is over. Which might be true, I am not sure. I only started reading a few weeks ago after deciding to revisit tge show. But there are still people writing. And still people reading. I wanted to thank you for your story. It is wonderful, and especially relevant in today's political climate. I also want to thank you for finishing it, I look forward to the rest of the action and whatever resolution you come to.
DeathDagger chapter 9 . 12/11/2015
Batman! Dun dun dun!
Tsuuga chapter 1 . 11/11/2015
This looks really promising! Especially as I am from a country which is gradually progressing to a dictatorship, I understand some of what it's like to live in a warped democracy with exaggerated nationalism. This so far seems to hit home, and I'm eager to read more.
Jelamy chapter 6 . 11/9/2015
I've read all your story and I can't believe how great of a writer you are .keep the bbrae stories coming ️
Not-a-nerd-still-a-bookworm chapter 2 . 11/1/2015
these people sound extremely Nazi-ish.
Guest chapter 28 . 9/15/2015
Another stunning and amazing story from one of my favorite authors
nightwingnlb chapter 10 . 8/11/2015
Love the story so far and I am saddened that you may be stopping or have stopped writing fanfiction but nevertheless I love most if not all of your stories and if I have my information wrong and you are still here sorry I must have misheard something. Anyways again great story and I will probably reread several times
Guest chapter 10 . 7/4/2015
The libido stuff felt like it didn't belong but otherwise this is one of the best stories I've ever read
MSBlackmon chapter 28 . 6/25/2015
Omg I love it! Could you please do another one? You can't leave off at a cliffhanger, I will literally die! Anyway, great story, update soon :)
dj25taz chapter 28 . 12/8/2014
Loved every minute of this story
GhostFace95 chapter 28 . 11/24/2014
i have to say i love this story.