Reviews for An Accidental Adventure
Jellico chapter 4 . 4/4
I loved this story. The movie ended far too soon for me, especially re: the budding father/son relationship between Indy and Mutt, so this was a perfect substitute. I especially loved how well you kept everyone in character throughout this fanfic and how you resisted making intimate moments overly emotional. And Mutt reacted exactly as a 20yo should while getting an OTK spanking from his "adoptive" dad: stubborn and argumentative at first, followed by begrudging acceptance, minimal tears and sulky butt-rubbing once the spanking is finally over. Great job all around!
Carlisle Fan 22 chapter 4 . 3/1
Aw what a nice ending. I loved your story.
New88 chapter 4 . 12/6/2013
what agreat story :)

Family Adventure with a happy ending :)...

the father should have ended the spanking threat with a swat on the butt loool
Jan-AQ chapter 4 . 11/13/2012
Loved it! Great story! Just wish there was more of it!
edwardian1901 chapter 4 . 6/1/2012
Well, this story made my day!

First off, I have a huge crush on Indiana Jones, so it was kind of love at first sight. Second, it reads just like the movies (if that makes any sense at all). The dialogue and characterization is dead on. And thirdly, it has a plot! Not just beating and smacking. It's got an intelligent story line.

So enjoyable. Thanks so much for sharing!
Hellsleprechaun chapter 1 . 5/31/2012
I liked the way you showed the changing relationship between Indy and Mutt between the end of the film and the beginning of this. Poor Mutt, he actually did plan ahead to be able to do his homework and help his dad.
Buffyxenaman chapter 4 . 4/30/2012
good job and that is why i don't read other peoples mail
Annie Jones chapter 4 . 4/25/2012
That was such a great story! I loved it and you had Indy down pat! Can't wait to read your next story :)
Ashleyder1 chapter 4 . 4/23/2012
Terrific ending!

This line was great:

...officially ending his servitude in the prison his parents liked to call High School.

Loved Mutt's gift to Indy. Wonderful story. Thoroughly enjoyed it!
Ashleyder1 chapter 3 . 4/23/2012
Great development of the adventure! Excellent pace and some nice details to add depth without weighting down the story too much. Superb chapter!
Ashleyder1 chapter 2 . 4/23/2012
Really good chapter! Really good the way the girl tricked Mutt. Great how Indy checked to make sure Mutt wasn't hurt and pulled him into a hug.

This line was terrific:

"Try getting your kid to graduate high school."

Loved it when Marion knocked the woman out. So funny how they knew he'd lied about accidentally opening the letter. Really hilarious how Mutt had assumed Indy's threats were just a means of showing displeasure! This was just priceless:

Reality came crashing down on Mutt, wiping out all the illusions he'd had about his father not following through on the spanking threats he'd made over the past three months. Mutt put one hand on Indy's knee, and pushed up while twisting his upper body to look back, and blurted out the words, "You were serious about spanking?"

Indy paused in the swatting. "You thought I wasn't?"

Really good how Marion supported Indy. Mutt's initial reaction seemed so in character, though. How he was going to prove that the spanking would have no affect. Great how Indy recognized the ploy and even indentified with Mutt and was therefore able to take measures to get around it. The lecture/talk was well, done. Liked to see Indy sympathizing and just loved this:

"Ah kid, it's only one more month, and then you can come with me every time. Okay?"

Great chapter!
Ashleyder1 chapter 1 . 4/23/2012
Excellent start and set up. I really like how you get us up to speed (so to speak) during the last five minutes of his English class. Nice progression of events that culminates in Mutt's action at the end of the chapter. I really like how you portray Mutt, although he is rebellious and still has his temper, he has a very strong sense of integrity even justice and this can really be seen in his internal dialogue - like when he admitted Oxley wouldn't have let him get away with talking to his mother like that either. There are quite a few parts I should really highlight, because I really loved how you wrote them, but I'm anxious to read the next chapter.
TwilightGuru09 chapter 2 . 4/22/2012
Looks like his Dad got his point across perfectly. Poor Mutt. How is he going to ride his motorbike home with that sore butt?
TwilightGuru09 chapter 1 . 4/22/2012
Oh oh this is not going to be good for Mutt.
wandamarie chapter 4 . 4/22/2012
wow it is a good one thanks hope you write more you are good at it