Reviews for Dark Star: Book 1
Dreamwraith chapter 18 . 3/23/2015
Your talent scares me, you know that? (Okay, intimidates, but I think the previous imagery is more interesting.) I'm pretty sure that's why I've never actually sat down to read this in its entirety before, much less review, even given that I was a lurker here when you uploaded the first chapter of Book One. I can remember reading the first few chapters, telling myself that I'm going to stop right now before I become insanely jealous, and then not touching it again. Odd reaction, right?

Very much so.

I just sat down this evening and read through the whole story in one shot, and I must say that I am very impressed (and disappointed with myself for having denied myself the pleasure of the story for so long). Tambourine is a sneaky little bastard, and although admitting to it probably reveals that I'm kooky myself, he is my favorite of your four brothers. I admire how you have him manipulating so much behind the scenes without anyone really ever suspecting him. Isn't there a saying about that that someone should have picked up on by now? - It's always the quiet ones... He's frightening. I love it.

Piccolo, of course, is still my absolute favorite, and I love the way you have characterized him. If DBZ had had more interaction between Goku and Piccolo, I imagine that this is how it would go. The dynamic there is very enjoyable, and I found it both believable and easy to read. You've got a talent for making your words just flow, lady. I am envious.

I don't have any criticisms for this, honestly, because I can't find anything that I don't like outside of the FFN-mandated formatting issues. I look forward to reading through Book Two. Keep up the good work!
Chem-Death chapter 17 . 2/6/2014
Too much good would create bad. There must be a balance, Kami. (for the next chapter)
Chem-Death chapter 11 . 2/6/2014
Now it's new to me. Is book 2 something like Namek?
Chem-Death chapter 9 . 2/6/2014
This chapter made me laugh. Particularly the dumbfounded Piccolo with the fact his brothers are going to help out.
So, Piccolo hadn't realized that he doesn't have cold blood?
Chem-Death chapter 8 . 2/6/2014
It must been here that I stopped... or well, unable to continue.
Chem-Death chapter 7 . 2/6/2014
Eep, the fight begins.
Chem-Death chapter 5 . 2/6/2014
They're all going nuts without their fifth brother...
Chem-Death chapter 3 . 2/6/2014
Oh well, I'm going to enjoy rereading this!
Chem-Death chapter 2 . 2/6/2014
I did read this.
Chem-Death chapter 1 . 2/6/2014
I had a strange feeling that I read this already. That was weird. And, it's Piano that was the shortest Mutant Namek not Tambourine. Though, the order of ages seem wrong...
Tambourine and Piano are the oldest (who's the elder might be Piano...)
Cymbal is next. Then Drum.
And finally, Piccolo, last.
Zuchiku chapter 18 . 8/25/2013
This was great, similar and different from the original and unexpected how Goku died in the end.
Tambourine is such a player. I so hope he didn't do anything to Gohan.
Chem-Death chapter 18 . 5/31/2013
Interesting little twist. I wonder how it would be as the story changes and maintain the story line of the original.
ShireWulf chapter 18 . 3/8/2013
This was beyond amazing
Miss Gems chapter 18 . 5/1/2012
Oh wow. I just love the ending to this. It makes me wanna go read book two all over agian. Which I probably will. Anyways.

I'm kinda embarassed to be asking this, but i had a thought, and wanted to do a spin off of your series. My thought was; What if, for whatever reason, Cymbal and Tambourine became good? And later, when Dende becomes Kami, T kinda takes the little namek under his "wing"?

If you dont like the idea, or just flat out want to keep this story your own, that's okay. I'd understand.

Can't wait for the next chapter of book 2!
StarOfEarth chapter 5 . 9/16/2011
Hey just so you know onii-san is only for older brothers for younger brothers the word is otouto likewise for older sister is onee-San and younger sister is imoto