Reviews for Whatever our souls are made of
levi97100 chapter 1 . 2/25
I laughed my ass off so hard at this, please make more stories like this of paris and rory, god you got paris character down so well it was like the show same with rory, and all the references, and edward god that was amzong and funny . (Im sending the review from my phone so im not logged in or I would have favorite this) levi97100
Lakshmibai chapter 1 . 4/25/2014
Oh my God. Just: oh my God. This is just so perfect. I always loved Gilmore Girls and I fell off a chair when I read Twilight, I was laughing so hard, so this might just be one of my favourite crossovers ever. Paris was as acerbic and brilliant and witty (loved the Dido comparisons - only Paris would reference the Queen of Carthage and pop music in the same thought) as ever, while Rory was her usual sweet, charming self - of course Edward would fall for her, since she's basically a better realised, rounded version of Bella, and of course Rory is far too sensible to fall for him too (though later seasons and Logan might make that sense a bit debatable).

Favourite moments: Babette smashing Edward over the head with a garden gnome, Paris' idea of a fruit basket thank you note to the patriarchy and all the various nicknames for Edward. (Never thought I'd feel sorry for him, but he had no hope against the combined brainpower of Rory and Paris)

Basically, I loved all of this so much that I'm going to read it all over again.
TilUDrop86 chapter 1 . 12/22/2013
I'm having a hard time coherently describing how much I liked this. But it was amazing. I love it when the characterization and dialogue is so spot on I can hear their voices in my head. Even Edward's, which was disturbing, but still.

Kudos and such.
chrisrose chapter 1 . 11/8/2013
Love this. Truly made me laugh... and I was trying so hard not to crack up while reading it out loud to someone I just had to share the awesomeness with. You really could've written dialogue for Paris on the actual show. I could picture her so vividly in my head. Amazing job capturing her voice, although I never actually interpreted her attitude towards Rory on the show as being a secret crush (maybe I was just a naive kid who took things too much at face value instead of looking for subtext and I need to watch Gilmore Girls again) - so I was a bit surprised when I realized about halfway through that's where you were going. It works, although I wouldn't want Paris to lose her edge (glad you didn't make her too schmoopy at the end) and Rory doesn't really need or deserve more admirers - too many people fell for her as it was, says I who became quite annoyed with her character after the first few seasons, but we won't get into all that. :P Not a fan of Twilight (or Wuthering Heights for that matter) so, needless to say I really enjoyed the Edward Cullen mockery. Very clever the way you tied his Rory crush to "later" events in his life. You are a gifted, funny writer!
AuthorSwimmerPoet chapter 1 . 10/8/2013
Brilliance! Absolute brilliance! It points out all the sillyness in Twilight and also was charming to read. I loved that it mocked all the things Twilight loved, and thanks to that journal entry even explains why he wants Bella in the first place. ;) Well done, my friend, well done.
SicilyRoyalty chapter 1 . 6/15/2013
hahah. this was HILARIOUS!
N chapter 1 . 5/15/2013
My friend emailed me this story- I don't read much fan fiction, but this story made me laugh out loud a few times (literally, not in a OMG LOL way). I think you did a great job nailing Paris and Rory's banter, and I liked the idea of Edward attempting to save Rory from a deer.
yui1808 chapter 1 . 2/23/2013
that was fun. i loved the part where edward tried to climb rory's room but got a welcome present -head smashing vase- from rory's neighbors. i appreciate her neighbors looking out for her.

hopefully, you have more edward bashing stories for us. it's not that i hate the guy, i just don't like him.

thanks for the post.
Nathalie chapter 1 . 2/10/2013
Wow! Great parody. I am a Bellice(Bella & Allice) fan myself...thus you can imagine, I don't like Edward(creepy much) all that much. Paris is AWESOME. Having the story told from her POV is brilliant. Cordelia Chase minus the vapid- totally delightful. Rory needing a Buffy to save her- aw, how sweet. She get her own little personal "perky" blonde to slay her big bad vampire. YEAH! Madeline & Louise, perfect accessory to titillate this masterpiece of yours. Paris filing away Rory's locker combination for it to come in handy one the sweet sentiments to come for her Disney Princess. Alas, I have never read Wuthering Heights and I know nothing of Nicholas Sparks...but I have watched Buffy, Angel, Watched the first Twilight movie (and read over 1000 Bellice fanfic), and watched Gilmore Girls to truly appreciate your story. Job well done.

A sequel is definitely required with Paris finally figuring out her love of her Disney Princess. Of course Rory is already aware of Paris feelings towards her, and returns it...but she doesn't want to scare Paris off. Paris is very intense after all ;)
MrsMosley chapter 1 . 9/18/2012
This is possibly the most perfect little gem of a fic I have ever come across. So unexpectedly funny and Rory and Paris are Perfect-with-a-capital-P. It made my day!
flesh and bone telephone chapter 1 . 9/3/2012

LastToFirst chapter 1 . 7/14/2012
This is awesome. Seriously, it was laugh out loud funny and I absolutely loved all of the Buffy references!
Tince chapter 1 . 5/6/2012
There's too much... there's just *too* much about this that I love.

Paris, Paris, Paris. My love, my life, my soul. She was a bright spot on a show of bright spots and this was UNBELIEVABLE.

I don't think I stopped laughing, except to violently choke when I read "Hey, Sparkle Motion".

Flawless - from Edward's deeply off-putting hair and overall manner; to Rory as a "living, breathing Disney princess"; to the rare acknowledgment of Wuthering Heights' as extremely disturbing as opposed to epic romance.

Echoing my last review: you need to write more Gilmore Girls fic. About someone, anyone.

It could be Kirk... and I promise, I will read it and I will LOVE it.
Emmy Award chapter 1 . 5/3/2012
brb, dying.
osugirl345 chapter 1 . 4/29/2012
Hilarious. I literally laughed out loud when I read this. I think my favorite part is when Babette smashed a garden gnome over his head-that kind of creepy deserves to be attacked with whimsical lawn decorations.