Reviews for Just Plane Crazy
Yashida chapter 7 . 9/2/2014
Wonderful of you to update this one; I missed it!

Please, keep going!
Cap'nFrances chapter 4 . 8/27/2014
Hoshi continues to seem out of character to me. I liked her explanation of why she didn't want to blindly trust Goldy.

I think it would be a good idea to bump the rating up to M. I sometimes read fan fiction during my lunch break at work. That means I'm likely to download pages using the hospital's server. Some parts of this (like Hoshi and Mr. Bombastic) probably would stretch their rules too far. I don't think I'm likely to get in trouble but I 'd like to know my risk before I download a page.
jkarr chapter 7 . 8/24/2014
it is nice that Jon is going to bat for Trip and T'pol
turbomagnus chapter 7 . 8/24/2014
Nice subtle "Heartbreak Ridge" reference in there, I noticed... or at least think I noticed...
fenixfether chapter 6 . 8/21/2014
This story is beautifully conceived and beautifully written. The characters are dead on, even Hoshi with the stripping somehow.
Now, i have to technically correct you on two big points, they're actually pretty small, but I'm a pilot too so it matters to me.
#1 the AN-2 utilizes a radial engine as does the Chinese variant you referenced. Now, I'm assuming from the various references to turbine engines and jet fuel you decided to use a turboprop (was there a turboprop version of the chinese variant?). No problem there, except that you keep saying "turbofan" And that's been driving me up a wall. No big deal though, just picking nits.
#2 On biplanes the wings aren't built side 1-side 2, they're generally constructed as upper and lower sets to minimize structural weakness in the spars. Also, not a big deal at all, just thought it was worth mentioning.

All in all, I love the story and really look forward to reading more. I would probably recommend updating the rating to "M", even if it's just for Hoshi's masturbation scene (which is very hot btw). I also am very excited to see how you write Trip doing the test flights.

On a more personal note, I have done quite a few first-flights on homebuild and school-built kit planes, so if I could help you with any info on what those experiences are actually like I'd be more than willing to share what I know; just shoot me a message.

Cheers,
Fenixfether
Cap'nFrances chapter 3 . 8/20/2014
I'm glad to see T'Pol beginning to understand and appreciate the bond. It's too bad Trip didn't have a more receptive audience to share his exhiliration with.

Hoshi seems out of character to me, but she does seem consistent with your vision of her. Either way, she is a very interesting character.
TatianaTova chapter 6 . 8/19/2014
Oh, you really good! The smile, quarters, cantankerous Soval, and the conversation with the admiral. I just wonder: what else will be next… and how soon…
jkarr chapter 6 . 8/18/2014
it is nice that Trip and T'pol are doing well
Guest chapter 5 . 8/1/2014
Interesting story and I sort of realise the plane construction isnt the focus but rather the story device by which you can frame your tale and that you have explained why Vulcan never developed winged flight vehicles originally but... why their interest in them now? I probably just missed it and should reread.

Other than that, interesting story. Always thought the show did more to destroy character development and growth than enhance it which is what, for fan-fictions based on this show, makes them more enjoyable to read as they tend to develop characters.
jkarr chapter 5 . 7/31/2014
nice update
omry.grinberg chapter 4 . 7/31/2014
This was... I'm gay & I found Hoshis bit iSizzling/i! Thank you:)
Jamieson Zed chapter 4 . 7/30/2014
I've enjoyed the last two chapters. I do admit that I've found T'Pol and Hoshi to be a bit out of character (at least from my perspective, which of course is biased), but their characterizations are consistent, which - aside from being good in general in a story - makes it easy to accept and just go with the flow. Speaking of flow, your writing is excellent both technically and evocatively, one would never guess your first language is not English.

The only thing I might suggest is bumping up the rating, if only for that one short scene with Hoshi in this latest chapter - it's quite short and isn't terribly graphic, but still a bit higher than one would normally expect for a T-rating.

Looking forward to the next chapter! I'm curious about this Goldie fellow...
prince-bishop chapter 3 . 7/28/2014