Reviews for Candle in the storm
Bones2014 chapter 6 . 6/25/2014
Interesting...but I think you would be correct in that the show will not go down that dark alley in the future. But then again, there is season 10?
Bones2014 chapter 5 . 6/25/2014
You have one really great imagination! All these possibilities...
Bones2014 chapter 4 . 6/25/2014
Lol...I absolutely love Caroline. She is the best. Plus, she loves that good looking FBI agent, Seeley Booth:-)
Bones2014 chapter 3 . 6/24/2014
Wow, that was close. It was Hodgins instead of Brennan.
Bones2014 chapter 2 . 6/24/2014
Man, you know how to upset a person. I'm not too good with the angst, especially when B&B are involved.
Bones2014 chapter 1 . 6/24/2014
Yes, life is good for them; so, of course something terrible will be on the horizon...
JBCFlyers19 chapter 4 . 8/23/2012
I agree with Bones! Too funny!
RositaLG chapter 6 . 5/7/2012
I've passed this on to everyone I know. Amazing work!
RositaLG chapter 2 . 5/7/2012
This is absolutely stunning. This was recommended and I'm so glad. My gut is wrenching with every line. Amazing!
daisy07 chapter 6 . 5/4/2012
Loved your use of repetitive phrasing, it created an amazingly dark and intense chapter.
Tartantrace chapter 6 . 5/4/2012
Just can't see Bones with a drink problem! :0)Really hoping things don't go down this route on the show!
penandra chapter 4 . 5/3/2012
Oh. This really is the BEST chapter! This is an episode I would LOVE to see on the show.

I really love Caroline and your words, the setting, the whole thing. Perfect. Just perfect.

Great lines!

"It looks like a yard sale spit up on an art gallery," . . . . "One man's trash is just trash no matter where you hang it."

and

She gave him a withering look. "Unless you're doing your thinking a bit below the Mason Dixon line."

However, As much as I enjoy some good Caroline, what I really liked in this chapter is your descriptions of Christine -

The baby was looking at him with a curious gaze before recognition set in and she gave him a toothless grin.

and

Christine seemed the perfect picture of "I don't know what this means"

Great. Just Great! Thank you for sharing!
threesquares chapter 6 . 5/3/2012
OK, I will absolutely read anything you ever write, no question, but some of these are bone chilling! This one (and the one where Brennan's digital footprint is wiped out) are truly modern day nightmares. I would love it if you would consider writing another series in which you write conclusions to each of these...they need not all be happy, but as you say in the author's note and imply in the same note, the writers don't often venture into the darker territory and therefore we never see the show or characters return from those dark places. I would like to see you return them, some time. Just a thought! Thanks for writing this series; they really are fantastic. Best, Michele
penandra chapter 3 . 5/3/2012
Wow. What an amazing chapter. Again, I am caught up in the way you write her inner thoughts, the way her brain works in the middle of the night, the words used to acknowledge what has happened and hopefully move on ("It's only money, Booth.").

My favorite line in the story:

"He is a new dig, a new inquiry into the meaning of what it is to be human."

Ah . . . . the anthropologist is lurking there, is so much a part of her, who she is, how she thinks. Wonderful. Just wonderful.

Thank you for sharing!
penandra chapter 1 . 5/3/2012
What a delightful start to a story. Your words paint such a peaceful setting and are so descriptive. Very nicely done.

It would be hard for me to pick my favorite line out of this first chapter (especially with the suspicion that future chapters will get a bit angsty). I love the way you describe each of them, what they are seeing, what they are feeling . . . those inner thoughts that we often don't share with others, not because we don't want to, but because we know that there really aren't words to describe those feelings . . . . if you've ever felt them, words are almost unnecessary. If you've never felt those feelings, no words are sufficient.

Having said that, however, my favorite would probably have to be:

"He caught that imperceptible tilt of Brennan's head, that look which he always thought was her look of wonderment, of "how the hell did I get here, and will I ever have to leave" look. He swore he saw the same look on his face in the morning as he shaved, Brennan humming in the baby's room as she nursed or fussed or proved just how great she was as a mother. And a partner."

Thank you, so much, for sharing . . . . I'm not sure I want to move on to future chapters that will bring drama into our favorite family.