Reviews for Who We Used To Be
Sirius120 chapter 3 . 4/30/2012
Once again, a great story! Most of what I've read post NFA has been Spuffy, and I really enjoyed what you wrote for Angel and Illyria. I love your version of shanshu, that it is cyclical, never "used up." As always, your writing surprises me, and yet feels so right for the story. I was surprised when Wesley suggested that Angel wouldn't always be around for Illyria, but I didn't expect that you would kill him off so quickly. This is a topic that isn't really covered in fanfic-that shanshu means death as well as life; that it would make Angel susceptible to mortal wounds and, eventually, death.

Looking forward to your next work :-)
Inazea chapter 3 . 4/30/2012
... and every chapter is longer than the one before ... :D

I won't lie, Angel and his friends are not most interesting to read, though that thing with Angel becoming human and dying a minute later ... that was unexpected, but kinda sweet. Not that I actually care, I never felt that strongly about either Angel or Cordelia ... strangely, though, I actually like Fred and Illyria ... and during the few episodes of the fifth Angel season I came to like Wesley ... but my favorite was - apart from Spikey - Lorne. Cuddly green monster.

Loved the last part, how Spike cared about Angel dying and all. I mean, Angel was sort of the last person you would expect Spike to grieve for ... well, apart from Xander, maybe.

I like this conclusion to the story, doesn't feel forced or too sad. I mean, it doesn't exactly leave you elated, but the last chapter makes a smile grace your lips, like, they deserve each other and finally get each other. Beautifully done. Not exactly as heart-wrenching as the first two, but then again, that'd probably end in badness for my hands (I tend to clench them into fists or knead them when I have to relieve some tension and can't scream at my screen cause that'd wake the whole house, and if I do that too much my hands would get a little bruise-y)

Oh, come to think of it, I like the title and how it's totally not what's going on :D I mean, they're NOT who they used to be, so, yes, it's a contradiction, I once knew the name of that literary ... device?, but it's been a while since I was in school ...

Anyways, love the story and I am not begging for a sequel, I think it's a very nice conclusion, actually. I mean, sure, one could think up more, but it's not ... needed to get closure. Very well done.

LG

Ina
alexiarrose chapter 3 . 4/29/2012
Have I mentioned you have awesome taste in music? Lovely fic, throughout. Never pictured the Shanshu going this way, but I really love it. I always felt Angel and Cordelia's story didn't get a proper ending. Liked Wes's cameo too, especially the bit about having ol' Blue drop in on Rupes. She'd certainly keep his mind off Spike being back in their lives. :)
omslagspapper chapter 3 . 4/29/2012
illyria 5evr! (that's more than 4evr)
waddiwasiwitch chapter 3 . 4/29/2012
*sniffle* That was beautiful and bittersweet.
ShyL chapter 3 . 4/29/2012
What a lovely story. Oh my gosh-That last chapter was just so emotional...I'm with ginar on this one- it made me cry too. Of course, it made me smile and even laugh out loud in a few places, too. It was sweet, romantic, sad, funny, sexy, bittersweet, heartwrenching and hopeful all at once...

As always I loved the dialogue between Spike and Buffy as well as their internal thought processes. And loved "Knights in White Satin."
ginar369 chapter 3 . 4/29/2012
That made me cry. Especially Angel's part and I really dislike him so good work! I guess Blue will be heading off to England with Spike and Buffy. So glad to see them both in a good place and with each other. Gunn is staying with Anne, he can help in so many ways now! He can do the street fighting plus help the shelter and the kids with any legal issues. Illyria finds love and loses it and then gains it again.
MMWillow13 chapter 2 . 4/27/2012
Wow, wonderfully addictive and an excellent way to rewrite true love!
waddiwasiwitch chapter 2 . 4/25/2012
Oh this is lovely.
omslagspapper chapter 2 . 4/25/2012
2 out of 2 clones of my cat! he's very fat and very sweet and he loves donuts.
Inazea chapter 2 . 4/25/2012
It's strange, really, how reading this tugs at my heart in a way most other pieces don't. I really like this one and. I just ... You know how it is when you can't find words? I am somewhat of an avid reader and somewhat of an avid talker, if that term exists and I just don't know what to say. I mean, I could in a way go on an on about how I like the writing and the topic and the way things proceed and how adorable I think the first few lines are and how this piece made my day a whole lot better, but somehow that doesn't cut it.

Can't even say what was my favorite part, cause, really, I can't find something I don't actually like. Okay, I'll leave it at this, or I'll try to find words all night and eventually don't say anything at all, cause I'll think whatever I'll say doesn't cut it.

GREAT chapter. Really, really, really great.

LG

Ina
I am a logical vegetable chapter 2 . 4/24/2012
Awwwwww they can be sooooo adorable!
sbyamibakura chapter 2 . 4/24/2012
What another well done chapter! I loved the fact that they actually TALKED, that they talked things out. Both of them are so stubborn sometimes and it was good to see that things were done with words, not fists. I'm also glad that the subject of what happened towards the end of season 6 was addressed and forgiven; more than once in fic I've seen the subject ignored as if it never happened and I always hated that.

Buffy and Spike are completely in character here. For those who've watched BTVS and AtS both, it's easy to see how much the characters have evolved, especially over the last seasons of BTVS and AtS. You keep ALL characters in-character, no matter what timeframe you write fic in and I *really* admire that. It's not easy for people to do.

Can't wait for the next-last?-part of this! Been really good so far. Keep up the great work!

-PhoenixJustice
BabyFaith18 chapter 2 . 4/24/2012
This is why I don't read in-progress stories, I hate waiting for the end! You are an amazing writer, I just feel the need to tell you that again. I love everything you write!
MaireAilbhe chapter 2 . 4/24/2012
Such an excellent meeting! I've always been a little let-down by the "Buffy meeting up with Spike after the Hellmouth again" scenes, but this one felt so right! Thank you! I can't wait for the final chapter! :)
47 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »