Reviews for With This Heart
A chapter 6 . 8/9/2012
This is so sad and sweet
You broke my heart and glued it back together in a single story
I loved it
Miss Snazzy chapter 6 . 8/9/2012
Oh, I have tears in my eyes. I love you for letting John have a hand in 'saving the day' so to speak. Rather than just lying helplessly in bed. Not that I could imagine John doing that, regardless of whatever medical condition he's suffering from. I'm glad Sherlock didn't tell John where the heart came from... And I loved that John gave his heart to Sherlock. Such a perfect gift for the detective. Wonderful story. I'm glad I didn't let the threat of character death scare me away. I love angst, but only if there's a happy ending. You certainly delivered on both accounts. )
Miss Snazzy chapter 5 . 8/9/2012
I forgot to mention in my last review, but I loved Lestrade. Thank goodness for his quick thinking in regards to Harry.

Anyway, good chapter. Seeing John fade away is terrible. And Moriarty has returned... I wonder if his heart is a match. It would be interesting if Sherlock were to steal it for John.
Miss Snazzy chapter 4 . 8/9/2012
Great chapter. I nearly had a fit when Harry tried to take John off life support. I knew she couldn't...not unless you were terribly cruel...but still. The fear and outrage. I would love to see John tear her a new one once he wakes up. I'm really worried about John's current mental state... I hope they'll find someone with a compatible heart.
Miss Snazzy chapter 3 . 8/9/2012
Great chapter. I really hope John won't die. Sigh...
Miss Snazzy chapter 2 . 8/9/2012
Aww. I fear this is going to end in character death, namely John. Quite possibly Sherlock as well. If that's the case, I would like to disappear now. I have enough sadness in my life at the moment.

On the other hand... Your writing is fantastic and I am interested in seeing where this will lead... How Sherlock will cope with losing his only friend. And to something he can't help...something that doesn't really have anything to do with their dangerous lifestyle. Except straining John, I suppose.
Miss Snazzy chapter 1 . 8/9/2012
Great chapter. I liked that you showed the progression of John's symptoms. I can't wait to see what happens next.
Guest chapter 6 . 8/5/2012
LOL - what a lovely, original story... even a sort-of-gory, yet unexpectedly romantic ending...
And giving John Moriarty's heart...
but then it always did beat for Sherlock LOL.
Love the irony.
Guest chapter 4 . 8/5/2012
It was worth wading through all the crap fics on this site to read this one line:
"and Lestrade, his single brain cell working furiously"
ROTFLMAO
Guest chapter 6 . 7/13/2012
really sweet, sad but a lovely happy slightly gruesome ending! Tho you might want a touch of Brit picking in future... (doesn't spoil it tho there are some I really can't read)!
spinner12 chapter 6 . 6/19/2012
That was sweet in a morbid sort of way.
spinner12 chapter 2 . 6/19/2012
Happy? How can he be happy? He's dying. And he's a doctor who should have seen it coming. It's amazing how we can ignore the most obvious things in ourselves. I see tears in my future.
spinner12 chapter 1 . 6/19/2012
Good start. Selfish Sherlock can't see what's right in front if his face,
SG1SamFan chapter 6 . 6/18/2012
Oh, wow! I hoped he'd somehow get Moriarty's heart, but this final scene was way cute. It could have come across as twee, but it wasn't. Given Sherlock's propensity for body parts, it was just adorable and the perfect gift. :)

Thank you!
SG1SamFan chapter 4 . 6/18/2012
Harry is a drunk, sobbing mess and Sherlock is sure that if John were conscious he'd have her sent home. She's being more a hindrance than a help at this point. "Do stop, Harry. Hysterics are useless at this point."

She rounds on Sherlock. "You did this!"

He's dumbfounded. "I beg your pardon?"

"This is all your fault! My baby brother is going to die because of you! Why couldn't you have left him alone and found some other poor git to drag around London, getting themselves half killed every other day?" Her fists are clenched and she's stalking towards him. "Get him out! I don't want him here! Get him out!"

Lestrade pops his head in the door. "Everything alright?"

"No! Get him out!"

Lestrade shuffles his feet. "Sherlock, you need to go."

He feels his jaw drop. "You can't be serious!"

"She's his next of kin. She controls everything, including visitation," he opens the door wide and tried to usher Sherlock through it.

"Lestrade. I…you can't!"

"I'm sorry, Sherlock. It's the law," he places a hand on Sherlock's elbow.

"He's my partner!"

"I know, Sherlock. He's been your assistant for a long time but –

He grasps at Lestrade's arm desperately. "No! Lestrade…Greg…he's…he's my partner."

Lestrade's eyebrows disappear into his hairline. He turns back to Harry, raises his palms to her as if to say 'What do you want me to do?', and gets a scathing look for his troubles. He shakes his head. "Come on."

Sherlock wrenches himself away from his friend and strides over to the bed.

"If you don't come willingly I'm going to have to arrest you and I've done enough of that to last a lifetime!"

That and the "give him my heart, then" made me very happy. :)
78 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »