Reviews for With This Heart
SG1SamFan chapter 3 . 6/18/2012
"Neat little definitions of sexuality."

Heehee. Reminds me a bit of Jack Harkness, there.

John reaches out and takes the Detective's hand. "If I drop dead in the middle of this life, Sherlock, I will die a happy man. But this life. No other."

Sherlock curls his fingers around John's hand and closes his eyes. His heart leaps and begins to thump a bit faster.

Sherlock's eyes snap open, they've changed colors again, and his nostrils flair. He's bloody deducing me!

"You did not just take my pulse!"

Sherlock steps closer. "Should I not have?"

I really need to get this under control, he thinks. This is getting bloody ridiculous.

"You cant do that! You can't just –

"Can't what? Do speak up, John. You're beginning to remind me of Anderson."

He leaps to his feet. "You can't just deduce me, Sherlock! It isn't fair!"

"Deduce you, John? I haven't even begun to deduce you," he steps towards his friend. "Would you like me to try?"

John strides across the room, desperate to put distance between them. How do they get into these situations? They'd only finished one argument before flinging headlong into a new one! "Don't –

"Why not?" he asks. "After all, it would take a blind man to miss the signs. Did you think I wouldn't notice you looking at me when I wasn't paying attention? I'm always paying attention, John. Always. Or perhaps you thought I couldn't hear you? That spring mattress of your creaks in the most annoying manner on a day to day basis, but on occasion the squeaking is drowned out by you moaning out my name. Or it could have been the fake girlfriends whom you never slept with that gave you away."

He's stalking forward now and John barely registers the fact that he's backed himself into a corner, literally. He's caught between the fridge and Sherlock's body and he's not sure if it's a good thing or a bad thing but God he never thought it would happen like this. It wasn't supposed to happen this way, if it happened at all!

"I ignored it because you ignored it," he's hardly a hairsbreadth from John's face. "I didn't want you at first. You remember, don't you? The night at Angelo's? But you killed a man for me, John. You stayed with me through everything. You never doubted me, not once, and that made me want you."

"But because you persisted in maintaining your labels and your neat little definitions of sexuality I kept my mouth shut. I remained silent and we lost so much time. But tell me John, if you knew then what you know now, if you knew your time was nearly up and that this would be over, would you have made the same choice?"

"No," the word tumbles from his mouth. "God, no. I thought – I thought –

Sherlock shoves John flat against the fridge and covers his mouth with his own. He can smell the scent of Sherlock's shampoo and taste the last remnants of his morning coffee and the cigarette he must have smoked while John was out. He bunches Sherlock's blazer in his fists and kisses him back because God I don't want to die without having felt this.

Sherlock breaks the kiss a few moments later and buries his face in the side of John's neck. "I won't let you die," he whispers. "I can't. I need you, John. You can't die."

So much for not letting it change his life.

There was a close-quotation that shouldn't have been there (when you start a new paragraph within a quote, you use an left-quote on the new paragraph and a right-quote on the previous one - the right-quote shouldn't be there).

Other than that, this is pitch perfect. The pacing, the push-and-pull, the arguing, is exactly right. Of course Sherlock would "deduce him" quite well.
SG1SamFan chapter 1 . 6/18/2012
Perfect:

"I can't rely on you when you're half dead from hunger."

John pushes away from the table and stands. "Right. Course. Because that's all you ever worry about, isn't it? How something will affect you and fuck all if someone else is involved or feels differently!"

He grabs his coat and heads for the door.

"John, please," Sherlock's voice is soft, like a plea, "Just eat something."

He eats every damn bite of those burnt eggs.
Telula13 chapter 6 . 6/10/2012
This was a fabulous story. So much emotion and action and heart (no pun intended...well maybe a little bit ;) ). I loved everything about it :D great job.
Hughesish chapter 6 . 6/9/2012
Have I reviewed this yet? Dear god, I've read this fic like 100 times now. Just thought I'd let you know how fantastic i find it!
Booboobitxch666 chapter 6 . 6/5/2012
Awww that was so amazing I was about to cry thinking that John was going to die. Overjoyed that he survived BTW. Laughed my ass off half cried when he gave him his heart in a jar. It's all so romantic you know? I think there might be something wrong with me because all I could think was damn I hope someone loves me enough to give me their heart like that. Take that figuratively or literally however you like I wouldn't mind either of them.

Great story

Namaste, peace be with you

Booboobitxch666
uzumaki misaki chapter 1 . 6/3/2012
This story was incredible! Great job!
lhj6080 chapter 6 . 5/27/2012
I love the final part. John' s heart! Oh my god how could you come up with a so marvellous idea? I really enjoyed it and spent this whhappy afternoon by reading it. Thank you
CarolinaH.Manning chapter 6 . 5/22/2012
it is beautiful. and in a twisted way, poetic justice. I guess Jim would appriciate the little bit of irony

and what a lovely wedding they had in the end
Me chapter 6 . 5/20/2012
Loved the ending!
sdarmynx chapter 6 . 5/18/2012
I didn't expect that ending, loved the fic!
Nonimouse chapter 6 . 5/15/2012
...he lives. Thank you thank you thank you :)
DammitJim chapter 6 . 5/15/2012
Great fic, love the ending!
Detective In Training chapter 6 . 5/12/2012
Oh my goodness... I cried. I swear to Benedict, I cried. I read the whole thing on my phone during the lecture and I didn't even notice the time go by. My friends had to hand me tissues under the table...

This is probably the best, most original and cleverly written fanfic I've ever read. Thank you for creating this masterpiece. Thank you! You deserve all the awards!
Isabellatrix Black Swan chapter 6 . 5/12/2012
OH MY GODS.

This fic was perfect. PERFECT. I LOVED IT.

IT HURT SO MUCH BUT IT HAD A HAPPY ENDING. IT. HAD. A. HAPPY. ENDING.

I WAS NOT EXPECTING THAT.

OH MY GODS.

I'M SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW.

YOU ARE AWESOME.
Heidinanookie chapter 6 . 5/12/2012
Oh, this was brilliant! Not too over-the-top on the Johnlock, but heartbreaking, gripping and very touching. I even didn't mind the miraculous recovery with Moriarty's heart. It just sort of fitted (or I was so rattled by Moriarty's original proposal that I simply didn't mind as long as there was a way out.) Anyway, the ending almost made me cry. It was so romantic!

heidi