Reviews for Harry Potter: Game of the Year Edition
Darksnider05 chapter 4 . 3/29
So wand lore in your story is dead another piece of the verse out the window not really relevant but a loss non the less.

Gain wands are trivialized they have no intrinsic value beyond being vital tools and can't be won or lost in duels so the elder wand is no longer a thing it's just a stick with good stats.
Darksnider05 chapter 3 . 3/29
Cliche time super wands! Haxor basilisk parts!
newtrick chapter 2 . 3/4
Very intriguing story so far! Can't wait to keep reading!

Just a small punctuation item:

Dursley's doorstep

should be:

Dursleys' doorstep
Nemirel chapter 1 . 3/3
Great Story! I hope you write a new chapter soon!
hye1995 chapter 3 . 3/2
I don't know why, but you just made me very happy when i read that Harry is now an adult. You are officially my second favorite HP FF-author, right after Elizer Yudkowsky
Moikan Yoloko chapter 12 . 3/1
So... It's abandoned? Really that's sad. It was such a good story.
kh chapter 7 . 2/9
story is amazing keep it up
EagleJarl chapter 12 . 1/26
Heh. The conversation / apology of the designers was great. I hope you don't lean too heavily on that fourth wall, but it was fun this time.

I was hoping Harry would be smart enough to pick Educated. In the long term it's pretty clearly the best choice - skills are just about everything in a game, so bonuses to them are the way to go. Glad to see he did.

You haven't updated in a year so I'm guessing this fic is dead. It's been a fun ride; thanks for writing.
EagleJarl chapter 10 . 1/26
I had forgotten the save games, so when you whacked Hermione I was appalled. Glad that didn't stick.

I'm not too keen on this "courage check" business...it takes away Harry's agency, which is what makes a character interesting. If he can't make - and suffer for - his own choices, then there's just no point. Hopefully that won't become a recurring thing.
dukeofpoorplanning chapter 12 . 1/12
This is an absolutely fascinating concept, and it's not a little sad that the story hasn't been updated in over a year. There are a few things about it that bother me, like the lack of any penalties for making a mistake (all Harry has to do is restart at his last savepoint, and those are too frequent for that to really matter; if he really thinks about it, the implications of that are nothing short of world-breaking), and I have to question Harry's priorities (for instance, not going for either of the "parental perks" that would have had him learn Charms and Transfiguration more quickly and giving points to mechanics for no real reason), but the concept itself is absolutely amazing, and it makes reading this story an absolute joy. I actually kind of hope that this idea is used by other people, since there are so many different directions it can go in: Harry could have pretty much any "build" he wants, so there are almost literally infinite things that a clever writer could do based on the first few chapters.
dukeofpoorplanning chapter 10 . 1/12
I honestly wouldn't've objected overmuch even if Hermione had /stayed/ dead to be perfectly frank. I've never been particularly attached to her character, and her death /does/ provide the motivation you talked about in the AN. If anything, I think that having a savepoint at the end of every week kind of cheapens it, since Harry can basically abuse save scumming to hell and back to get whatever positive outcome he wants. Maybe it would add more weight to a failure if there were savepoints at the end of every month, or even every year, instead, since it means that there's a legitimate penalty for a screw-up.
timewastin chapter 10 . 1/3
Thought of some more things, not that it really matters. If Briton really decided to kill an 11 year old kid, who is probably a symbol of the light and all that, then they're probably going to get a whole lot of international attention. If Voldermort came back then Europe would probably go to war over it, they wouldn't want destruction on the scale of Grindelwald, so fighting on English soil and containing the threat would be by far preferable. Lucius, Draco and Fudge are looking at AK's in the back every time they should their faces in public, just from random civilians. Draco would probably have an accident somewhere in Hogwarts and nobody would really care. Lastly there's the prophecy. It would have to be false for Harry to be able to be killed like that, which is fine. Just something to note whether you want to go that route or not.
MooNOrchiD chapter 1 . 1/2
I love you! That is all.
timewastin chapter 9 . 1/1
Any reason veritaserum wasn't used at Harry's trial?
timewastin chapter 6 . 1/1
I'm not really sure it's so much that Daphne is a Mary Sue by default and just that she's a blank canvas, which is probably why she is used so much. So it's more peoples writing that's at fault than the character itself. It's also not THAT out of the question that a child can be quite learned and using the Malfoy's as an example otherwise isn't the greatest argument. Lucius is dangerous, sure. But he makes plenty of horrible decisions, politically, economically, socially that just wouldn't fly in situations where people react to his actions instead of just letting him walk all over them for some reason. Honestly the fact that none of the pure bloods bothered to find out who Voldermort is and what he wanted before getting marked like cattle by him says a whole lot about them.
1,347 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »