Reviews for Harry Potter: Game of the Year Edition
Sefera chapter 12 . 8/14
Good story.
Avalonemyst chapter 6 . 8/14
I think your portrayal of Anthony is one of my favorites so far!
Avalonemyst chapter 2 . 8/14
Very enjoyable so far! Loved the different start up avatars.
Faery66 chapter 12 . 8/14
Hope to read more soon.

D
Donimo4 chapter 12 . 7/29
This was a fun read. Hope you continue it some time.
lordgrimm01 chapter 2 . 7/23
I agree with you on the twa.. and goatfu...bas..
seouldjinn chapter 1 . 7/6
Hahaha omg those choices! Ninja Harry cracked me up! I hope he unlocks that soon :))
ilko chapter 12 . 7/5
And here's the humor that got me hooked in the first place again *g* Curiouser and curiouser! I'd love to know more about the sketchy developers. I'm sorry to see this story seems to have been abandoned, but I'm holding out hope that you'll return to it someday!
ilko chapter 11 . 7/5
I was going to leave a review at the end just because I didn't want to interrupt the flow of the story, but I need to take a breather here to thank you. I teared up a bit reading this chapter, because Hermione's experiences aren't my own, exactly, but I related really hard to her character-projecting this image, a 'better' version of yourself so people will like you better, and having it thrown back in your face and just being left there, alone, wondering what's wrong with you that people don't like you even when you help them. But Harry was perfect, and reading him being there for Hermione was like a warm blanket and a hug for that little kid version of yourself that remains in you no matter how old you get. Everyone would be better off with a friend like Harry is here. Thank you for that lovely moment of human compassion-it was all the more poignant for how absent it is from a lot of stories in this genre, where the main character often seems to devolve to playing people like they're less real and important than he is.

I was also really impressed by the strength and maturity Harry displayed in the course of his speech. Even though his response to Malfoy's childish cruelty did seem a little too eloquent and insightful for his age, it was a beautiful line, and there are times when that's more important than strict adherence to plausibility.

(Also, I agree with you about Ron, that little twat. Every time the going gets tough he just drops his "best friend" like a hot potato. Why didn't Harry ever hang out more with Dean or Seamus, anyway?)
ObsessivelyObsessiveObsession chapter 2 . 7/1
The bashing of Dumbledore is sadly common and unfair. Dumbledore is manipulative, pretty ruthless at times, but he is not heartless. In fact, I would say he loved Harry. Sadly, when you have an immortal Dark Wizard on your hands and the only way to kill him is to sacrifice one child, well, you might find yourself with only one real choice. Dumbledore knew about the Horcrux, but he had no way of destroying it without Harry dying. If he didn't sacrifice Harry then many, many people would have suffered fates far worse.

The portrayal of the Dursley's is also unfair. Although they were terrible people, they didn't really physical abuse Harry (Honestly, however, this was more than likely due to possible consequences than any morals). Moreover, Dumbledore didn't know that they would be that bad. If he did, and did it anyway, well, then it still could've been the lesser of two evils. Who was left to take Harry in? His mother and father dead, Godfather in prison, no family alive at all, Lupin gone, Pettigrew persumed dead (and a traitor)... Dumbledore couldn't have really placed him in anywhere. If he did, there would likely be political battles over who would gain Harry (and Malfoy essentially owned the Minister at this point. That, along with his wife and Harry's grandmother being a Black, Lucius would have likely gained custody.) In the end, the protection offered by the wards around his home, and the fact that Dumbledore didn't know how terrible they would be, means that this was, from his standpoint, likely the best decision. Admittedly, he could have checked in every now and again.

Finally, Dumbledore didn't have people standing around obliterating Harry when he went to the police. Harry never did. He didn't tell teachers, police, or anyone. Furthermore, most people overlooked it because of the Dursleys (meaning, it wasn't Dumbledore's fault). In the end, Dumbledore made a bad decision and a few big mistakes, but he honestly wanted what was best for Harry and the world. Sadly, from day one, he knew that he was going to have to make a decision between the two. Dumbledore decided to put down an immortal dark lord, and, in the end, did it while saving Harry.
ObsessivelyObsessiveObsession chapter 1 . 7/1
Who has the chance to become a Dragonslayer and chooses standard? Officially pissed at Harry. Bruh could have been rockin' the Thu'um with the Dragonborn class. Picked Human: Standard instead of Dragonborn: Dragonslayer. What a shitty decision.
Nictis chapter 4 . 6/23
For the Devs, the names that come to mind are Gred & Forge, and Rowena Ravenclaw personally... Even though Salazar or Helga would be more likely to create such a safety-net.
R.I.P Ninja Harry...
reddir chapter 10 . 6/5
I'm really loving how you can bring some tragedy, as well as showing how a character experiences that tragedy, without losing me with either overly-maudlin tripe or a character who seems 2-dimensional in their inability to have natural-seeming emotions.

After this story, I plan to look for your other writings.

Also, I think you handled this perfectly. And the ending really was perfect.
reddir chapter 7 . 6/5
Its been something like 4 years since you wrote this? Still, since your author note is still included...

I really liked the second part here. Flowed very naturally, and kept me "in the moment" throughout. That such an emotional scene kept me in should indicate you did it very well.
1,444 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »