Reviews for Harry Potter: Game of the Year Edition
ClaMiAl chapter 12 . 11/26
Interesting! This is the first fic I've read with this Harry Potter as a Game concept. It certainly adds a new twist to things and has me wondering how events will unfold. Looking forward to reading more!
tpx1 chapter 12 . 11/22
nice story, I would like to read more.
Goeno chapter 5 . 11/5
Pre-Chapter: I'll be grateful if you do him well. I will be ungrateful if you bash.

After: Oh, well, you were a slightly better than average dunderheaded fanwriter. You have an incomprehensible hatred of Ron, but at least it didn't show too much.
Goeno chapter 2 . 11/5
Or you could see Dumbledore as confounded, along with three quarters to ninety percent of wizarding society. The level of control the bad guys have over the setting has been shown to be staggering as of Deathly Hallows, after all.
LigerHorse chapter 12 . 10/4
Do you happen to have a full list of all Avatars and Origins? If you do could you post it either as a separate chapter or as an edit to the end of the first chapter?
MR.Self-Insert chapter 12 . 9/21
Y u no update this is really good
Scaehime chapter 12 . 9/4
Update please! I found this fic via TV Tropes' HP Humor/Crack fanfic recs page, and I have quite enjoyed it so far. Well, besides the occasional swear word, but I don't like those whether read or heard. Anyway, this is the first Game-type Peggy Sue fic I've read. Great job so far!
I was kind of wondering how/when the Kneecapper perk would show up in the fight with the troll and was disappointed that there was no mention of it. Or did it apply invisibly?
I get a kick out of the points in Mechanic "because why not". XD
Looking forward to more!
God bless,
P.S. I would have posted this review a couple days ago, but ffnet was glitching.
HyperCatnip chapter 12 . 8/26
RIP, nice fanfic.

As I expected, you drowned in plot swamp.

Sad, but true.
HyperCatnip chapter 11 . 8/26
I would bet $10 this fic will drown in the Plot Indecision swamp if I knew how to set it up.
HyperCatnip chapter 10 . 8/26
This chapter has nothing on HPMOR. But that reminds me.

The more unusual "NPC treatment".

Do you have some pent-up anger at some NPC at the game? Some shopkeeper? Guard? Quest giver? Draco Malfoy? Worry not! I know just the perfect way for you to unwind, dear player.

First, save your game. Then, ambush and subdue the pesky NPC. Torture him/her at your leisure. Kill him/her. Extract the liver. Cook it. Eat NPC's liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti. Savor the flavor. Reload. When NPC irritates you again, console yourself by remembering the rich flavor. If irritation once agains becomes unbearable, repeat. It is a great way to relieve stress. Recommended by Dr Lecter.

I always do terrible things to annoying NPCs in Skyrim, then reload. Do you?
HyperCatnip chapter 9 . 8/26
With this death, I notices Harry doesn't use the greatest superpower he has.

Save scumming.

Depending on mechanics of save and load, either the world is the same every load, or it differs.

If it's the same every time, Harry can discover all the secrets that can be gained by eavesdropping, bribes, stealing, spying and interrogating, reload and keep his knowledge while erasing all negative consequences and regaining all spent money.

If it's different every time, Harry can keep reloading until he gets desirable outcome.

Either way, save scumming is god mode.

Also, let's not forget the NPC scumming.
Save game. Go to a victim and try to talk victim into something that's good to you. If you fail, reload and try again with different approach. If you keep failing, spend one reload to ask victim questions for later use in persuasion. Try again. If victim doesn't succumb, spike his/her drink with alcohol. Or, spike it with stolen Veritaserum. Ask question. Persuade. Threaten. Plead. When successful, save in separate slot.

With save-scumming and NPC-scumming, ascension to godhood will be quick, but somewhat boring and repetitive.

Of course, Harry's limited video game experience can prevent him from devising this strategy.

Of course, even if he does try it, game admins may try to nerf it.

However, nerfing save scumming without butchering the game completely is not an easy task.

That would be fun to read.
HyperCatnip chapter 7 . 8/26
This chapter was good.
Author's suffering during the writing of it was not in vain.

Keep it up!
HyperCatnip chapter 6 . 8/26
This chapter moves plot forward. It is therefore great. Keep it up!

Also, I don't really mind Daphne Greengrass of Sunshine and Blue Skies, Snow-Topped Mountains and Frolicking Woodland Creatures. At least as long as she is referred by this full title.
HyperCatnip chapter 5 . 8/26
Story moves, plot goes on, all is right in the world.

Ron is a jock, yeah. I don't like him much, too.
HyperCatnip chapter 4 . 8/26
Fallout RPG system is very fitting, I think.
Manual is good.

Goblins are suspicious.

No signs of deadly plot swamp, yet.
1,386 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »