Reviews for Harry Potter: Game of the Year Edition
HyperCatnip chapter 6 . 8/26/2015
This chapter moves plot forward. It is therefore great. Keep it up!

Also, I don't really mind Daphne Greengrass of Sunshine and Blue Skies, Snow-Topped Mountains and Frolicking Woodland Creatures. At least as long as she is referred by this full title.
HyperCatnip chapter 5 . 8/26/2015
Story moves, plot goes on, all is right in the world.

Ron is a jock, yeah. I don't like him much, too.
HyperCatnip chapter 4 . 8/26/2015
Fallout RPG system is very fitting, I think.
Manual is good.

Goblins are suspicious.

No signs of deadly plot swamp, yet.
HyperCatnip chapter 3 . 8/26/2015
Yay, plot thickens!

The more you progress the plot forward, the better your chances of crossing Fanfic Death Swamp are. Keep it up!
HyperCatnip chapter 2 . 8/26/2015
Plot moves forward so far. I hope you'll manage to avoid Plot Swamp that drowns most fanfics.
HyperCatnip chapter 1 . 8/26/2015
First chapter is promising.

I hope it will end up better than Naruto one from Majin Hentai X and Chibi-Reaper.

Author, please be careful, plan your plot, write to move plot forward, keep plot bunnies in check and don't drown in Swamp Of Indecision as Majin Hentai X with friends did.
Thean Crow chapter 7 . 8/22/2015
Well, i'm crying.
SamusOlderBrother chapter 5 . 8/13/2015
I would love to read a fic where Draco and Ron are like Edward Norton and Brad Pitt in Fight Club. That would be hilarious.
SamusOlderBrother chapter 2 . 8/13/2015
Why does Ron always seem to get fucked? He's the family twat.

Badump-tch.
Bladre MKT chapter 12 . 8/11/2015
Well I must say I am rather sad that it has been some time since this was last touched, the plot points and spins you pushed forward are rather impressive and quite incredibly fun, I could be more than happy to see them developed, also, the game system is quite fun and strong too. Hope this maybe gets some more action later on~
kaitokidfan1 chapter 12 . 8/7/2015
Please update. This is really good
HRHPrincessTricia chapter 12 . 8/5/2015
Please don't let this story be dead. I'm really enjoying it!
Ashen Author chapter 5 . 8/3/2015
So the sorting Hat is a game mechanic? I was wondering how you would work that… I'll be interested to see what House he goes to and where it leads him. Also, I'm glad you didn't immediately bash Ron when he showed. I wonder if you'll have him give Draco another shot eventually...
Ashen Author chapter 3 . 8/3/2015
Okay…

I didn't see the wand thing coming. I'm impressed. Not as fond of the riches and politics but I've seen it done well so we'll see. I do hope you screw him over hard with all the fine print of adulthood.
Ashen Author chapter 2 . 8/3/2015
I like where you're going with this, but I disagree with how you portray Dumbledore. Villain Dumbledore would have to be as inept as you say genuine hero Dumbledore is to do things the way they went. I prefer Flawed!Dumbledore to inept, though it's a personal choice.

Dumbledore feels responsible for his sister's death, his brother's estrangement, and Grindlewald turning evil. He probably lost many friends turning the Grindlewald war, than he watched one of his students turn into the next Dark Lord while not knowing how to prevent, and in hindsight realizes he may have made things worse. That student then goes on to murder many of his surviving friends and many other students Dumbledore nurtured and watched grow. He feels that he failed the Potters, and may have genuinely not realized that Harry's childhood would be as bad as it was, but still thinks it's better to Death Eaters finding him.

In short, I see Dumbledore as good and mostly competent, but also burnt-out, clinically depressed, and probably suffering a measure of PTSD.

That said, it's your story, and now that I got the rant off my chest I like the look of it. The inhuman Potters are less interesting, but the options have drawn my attention and it seems a good way to flesh out the world. He seems snarky and bitter, but he's just survived dying as well so it's understandable. The long build-up where he relives his childhood is not something I'd do, but it does allow for more divergence points like running into wizards or running away. I'm waiting to see how you'll develop this, but I have high hopes for an entertaining read.
1,524 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »