Reviews for Next
Marcy Matters chapter 63 . 10/27/2014
Congratulations on finishing this cleverly written and entertaining epic! Thank you very much for creating such a wonderful character in Jane. I enjoyed how you expertly wove the original shows' story lines into your plot, yet told a tale that was entirely your own. In particular, the humour that infuses this story really kept me reading. I can only imagine how difficult it must be for you to say goodbye to something that's been living in your head for so long.
Genevastar chapter 63 . 10/26/2014
Yes, I bet you feel orphaned! Bravo. I can only envy your ability to write an ending so beautifully fitting the rest of this wonderful story. Love Malcolm playing gatekeeper to Harry, and I couldn't resist a little smirk at the way he shooed Erin off the premises!

You kept Jane (by far my favourite ever OC) in character right until the end, and the lines she sent reflected her relationship with Harry perfectly (incidentally, like Harry, I also needed a hand from Lord Google!). On reflection I'm glad they didn't slip back into an intimate relationship immediately; having both had one come to a painful end recently I think the situation you've chosen for them is a far more realistic option. It also - I hope! - leaves room for another story involving both of them. I wouldn't mind seeing a little more of Graham, either - you did a great job of portraying his obnoxiousness and his vulnerability.

Anyway, I do hope this isn't going to be your sole effort. Heaven knows you've earned a rest after the incredible amount of work that went into this, but talent like yours really should be shared (hint hint!). Many thanks for a truly wonderful story that I shall now have the pleasure of going back and reading all over again from the start. And congratulations; you are an extraordinary writer.
Guest chapter 63 . 10/24/2014
Fantastic work. Id love to read about HR and your Ruth.
LadyDunla chapter 63 . 10/24/2014
And so it ends. Well, you have my compliments for seeing it through. Such a long story, but you did it. And I've very much enjoyed it.

Thank you!
Sparky75 chapter 63 . 10/24/2014
You deserve a standing ovation for both finishing this and keeping to the same high standard throughout. A very big well done and thank you for sharing this with us.

I thought you ended it perfectly, it was way to soon for them to get together again (if at all) but I like to think they both have someone to lean on now and who knows what will happen in time once they've both laid a few more of their ghosts to rest. You've made Jane a wonderful character and this is one of only very few fics where's she's shown as being a nice person with flaws.

I do fervently hope you keep writing, I will now finally admit that I thought this story would only be a few chapters long initially and the only reason I started to read was to see how Harry coped without Ruth. You completely sucked me in which I would have said would have been impossible for such a long story that didn't contain a live Ruth (though the ghost of her was often there). I'll miss your fortnightly updates and really hope to read more from you in the future.
Abigal chapter 63 . 10/23/2014
Well it was like a train wreck didn't love the concept but couldn't stop reading. I compliment you for staying with this epic and not going for a straight shot from Ruth to Jane. Remember on TV when they thought Harry a traitor they mentioned his former wife's depression. So a good job of writing around that. I still prefer HR but commend you for an interesting tale even if my blood pressure went up with every chapter. As I said I kept reading for a reason knowing there would be not happy Ruth return.
transmissionends64 chapter 63 . 10/23/2014
What a wonderful finish to an amazing story. I'm really sad it's finished now but am hoping to see either a sequel or something new from you in the near future. It's fitting that Malcolm was still on the grid when Harry read Jane's letter - always in the background but there if you need him. Thank goodness that useless so and so, Erin had gone. How typical of her to red flash Harry at a vital moment with Jane when it was totally unnecessary! Just goes to show how incompetent she is. You've left us with the hope that Jane and Harry will remain friends and I think Harry will need her in retirement so he doesn't drink himself to an early grave. Bravo for completing this story and how apt to post it on the 3rd anniversary of spooks ending. Will be looking forward to more from you.
Antonia Caenis chapter 63 . 10/23/2014
The dreaded day is finally here, after what feels like a very short 2.5 years, and I am quietly devastated. But what a wonderful way to end a wonderful story! Everything wrapped up but with a single, tantalising, dangling thread about the possibility of seeing this pair again as Harry continues to return 'from death to life' and as they hopefully do come to terms with their messy past. This story has been a joy from the opening chapter and is remarkable for not only the consistency of plot and pace but also for Jane herself, surely one of the great OCs to ever feature on these pages. She is a work of art in herself and I love her to bits so for that reason alone, let alone the quality of the rest of the story, I would like to thank you so much for writing and sharing this story and hope to see more soon.
rosetintedblindspot chapter 63 . 10/23/2014
Love your open-ended ending for Harry and Jane, brilliantly done. This story was outstanding and one of the best I've ever read. Congratulations for your hard work and your writing is superb. I'm really looking forward to reading your next story. Thanks for writing and sharing with us.
NatesDate chapter 63 . 10/23/2014
Congratulations! It's quite the epic tale you've woven and one of these days I shall revisit it in it's entirety. I remember, after the 1st or 2nd chapter was posted, thinking that Harry and Jane would actually get together in hi his he story and I was surprised to find that the idea didn't really bother me. Now that it's all done, I very much like the Jane you've created and while she and Harry aren't together in THAT sense of things, the possibility is certainly there, which is enough. Thank you for sharing this story and I'm looking forward to reading more from you in the future. :-)
Velocity Girl1980 chapter 63 . 10/23/2014
What a wonderful end! I loved how the final words of the final chapter pretty much echoed the first, with the phone ringing and intruding upon person meditations. But a wonderful chapter throughout. The poem was perfect for where Harry and Jane are at this stage. The writing was lovely as well, with Harry's feelings about returning home to an empty house with just traces of Jane left in it was wonderful. This story has been brilliant from start to finish. Like several others, I am definitely looking forward to revisiting this story again one day. Well done on finishing it, and nicely timed too! Thanks again.
Sigma Creations chapter 63 . 10/23/2014
What a perfect ending to an absolutely brilliant fic. I look forward to reading it all again in one go many times. Thank you so much for writing and sharing this with us and I can't help hoping that you might one day be inspired to write an HR fic with a happy ending. Wonderful.
Atomix330 chapter 63 . 10/23/2014
Wonderful. A good conclusion. I don't think it needs a sequel, it works our nicely. An excellent story. I'm going to have to go back and read from the beginning!

Many thanks for posting and I'll be looking out for your next work!
Guest chapter 62 . 10/19/2014
Love your writing... I miss Ruth greatly, but you despite this bias of mine - I've thoroughly enjoyed this piece and look forward to the last.
LadyDunla chapter 62 . 10/14/2014
I can't believe it's nearly over, this story has been going for so long. But I suppose that it is as good as finished, so I will just say that I have enjoyed it enormously. Thank you for all the effort that must surely have gone into this. Good chapter as always. I especially enjoyed the conversation Harry and Jane had about Catherine; they're absolutely right about her. And they're also right that anyone Graham might ever meet would never pass the vetting. He's just the type that meets all the wrong people, isn't he?

Great work as always. Thank you!