Reviews for The Willing
lowi chapter 1 . 3/12/2013
Oh, wow, this was absolutely amazing! I really like this pairing, and you wrote them wonderfully. I could definitely feel touched by Lily, and that wish to know how it would be if she died - you captured that emotion really well.

I also think the part in the forest, with the spiders, was brilliantly written: it felt so realistic somehow. ;)

Fantastic work!
the lola chapter 1 . 3/11/2013
This is so brilliant! I really liked your characterization of Lily, it was very interesting in its dark and twisted way. Also, an interesting pairing that made for a great dynamic for this story. The hopeful ending was really nice to see, and while I'm not a cousincest fan, this was really okay for me to read. :)
The Crownless Queen chapter 1 . 3/7/2013
Poor Lily... I don't know why, but in half the fic I read about next gen she ends up in Slytherin and suicidal. I loved this, make no mistakes - it was absolutely awesome, and I loved the part with her love for the Acromantulas, which is something I'll never understand - but I just like to think that her family is a little happier than that, and that ending up in Slytherin doesn't mean she has to die in the end, you see...?
Though I realize that this was written from Lily's perspective so it might just be what she thought...
I also really liked what you did with Dominique, and the end was rather cute too.
Good work :)
WeasleySeeker chapter 1 . 3/7/2013
Well this was... unique xD I wasn't really expecting to like it, but I actually really enjoyed it!

Trust Lily to come up with such an odd way to try and commit suicide. It was really sad that she felt so neglected by her family. I liked her Slytherin pride, though, and in general I think she was a really interesting character.

I absolutely love how you characterised Dominique. I liked how horrified she was by Lily dyeing her hair, despite the fact that she's a Slytherin too. And the contrast between her trying to downplay Lily's problems at the beginning, and then her reaction when she stopped her killing herself at the end was great. The initial anger she felt was really powerful.

I'm not a fan of cousincest but I was actually really glad for the happy ending :)
keeptheotherone chapter 1 . 2/26/2013
Oh, this is creepy, and the creepiest thing to me is Lily's thoughts. Her black curiosity, the sadism of her last words, the way she deliberately killed the spiders that crossed her path in order to attract the acromantulas' attention... I loved the rebellion of the green hair, and especially that Dominique was horrified by it :)
silver-nightstorm chapter 1 . 2/1/2013
Wow, you did an amazing job with this! It's amazing how you were able to follow her descent into her suicidal behavior and all of her relationships with her other family members. Awesome job. I really liked the line "Well, no, actually, she wouldn't. She'd be dead.". It was just... I don't know the perfect insert of snarky humor in a really serious piece.
LuckOfLuck chapter 1 . 1/29/2013
I was NOT seeing the twist ending coming! Totally caught me off guard-LOVED it!
Cadid423 chapter 1 . 9/10/2012
Lily and Dom have some serious issues. (Imagine some italics on that last part.) Although I'm sure that it would be easy to get 'lost' in such a large family, I can't imagine that Harry would let one of his kids feel so neglected. This is fanfiction though, so for now I'll just go with it. :P

It's very... unique? Yes, unique, the way Lily tries to commit suicide. I imagine that a simple potion or spell would be much easier, or hell, she's already outside, she could probably drown or freeze to death in the lake if she wanted to. Instead of any of those things, Lily decides to tromp through the forest in order to attract a few acromantula to come and eat her, which was, it seemed, much slower than any of my aforementioned alternative methods and probably would have required a lot of nerve, which makes me think that Lily might be a bit more Gryffindor-ish than she likes to believe.

Great job writing about such sensitive topics!
Someone aka Me chapter 1 . 6/16/2012
Mm. Not so much my usual cup of tea, what with the nextgen, the femslash, and the cousincest, but none of that really seems to matter when it's you writing, does it? Because you can make the oddest pairings so absolutely engaging that I literally can't tear myself away from the screen. My eyes are burning now, and I'm pretty sure it's because I wasn't blinking while reading this. Utterly fantastic, particularly under such a time limit.

Speaking of time limits, while I know that's likely to blame for the typos, I found a few for you.

"Well, if she was planning on dying in her in any case…" I think her is meant to be here

"The centaurs might not even kill her, and just leave her Venom would be a quicker way to go" There's a period missing between her and Venom.

"Dominique screamed. You have no idea" quotation marks are missing.

But really, three minor typos in a piece this long written in three hours is pretty dang fantastic, I have to say.

Favorite line? "She wanted to go out like Father said that her Grandfather James had – standing up and facing the danger like a man. / Well, like a woman, rather." Despite the tension of the scene, I admit I laughed aloud. Fantastic.

Actually, that might be one of my favorite aspects of this. That despite the somber atmosphere, you inject these occasional lines of humor that keep the darkness of the fic from getting unbearably heavy, without detracting from the seriousness with which you handled the actual issue.

Domi was fantastic. So was Lily, for that matter, but I really liked Dominique :D

The idea of Lily with Christmas hair is a little frightening, but I like her reasoning for that act.

The bit with the Itsy Bitsy Spider… I was torn between laughing and wondering for her sanity, but I absolutely loved it. That was a masterstroke.

I really… I just don't understand how you include all sorts of things that I don't generally like and you make me love the fic as a whole. But it's gorgeous, m'dear. Absolutely gorgeous.
autumn midnights chapter 1 . 4/24/2012
This was awesome! I really like next-gen cousincest, but I haven't really read too many Dominique/Lily Luna fics, and I really like this particular one. I love your Lily, and I fully support the idea of Slytherin!Lily. I don't usually write Dominique the way you do, but you characterized her really well, and I think both her and Lily are very original. I can picture Lily doing something rebellious like dyeing her hair, haha. This was very well-written, and it's hard to believe that you were able to do this in only a couple hours, as this is really, really good. Great job!
Lady Phoenix Fire Rose chapter 1 . 4/23/2012
Interesting, not really my cup of tea. As I'm sure you know. We were just talking about it. I think that it was well written and that you did a good job with incorporating the prompts into it.