Reviews for What We Pretend To Be
Phosphorescent chapter 1 . 4/23/2013
Aww, very sweet. I rather like the way you've written this pairing.

My favorite section:
"Oh, Merlin, Granger's coming toward her with a simpering look that used to be reserved for first years or house elves. Pansy looks madly around and throws herself in the direction of Theodore Nott, whose dark hair is sticking up much more than usual.
She's only a foot away from him when he turns, and she realizes it's not Theo at all.
It's Harry-freaking-Potter.
He starts to say something, probably about Granger coming up behind her, but Pansy shakes her head at him and drags him sideways to the dance floor.
"Dance," she hisses.
She puts her arms around his neck and half-shoves him into a waltz. Potter's green eyes widen behind his ridiculous glasses but he goes along with , he's done something smart." [I can *see* alll of this happening. Harry does tend to be a tad gormless around girls, and Hermione - well, she *would* approach someone like Pansy as though she were a 'cause.']
weasleyjumper chapter 1 . 9/9/2012
Pansy and Harry ... I've only read a couple of those ... and this is probably the best i've read. Good job!
wynnebat chapter 1 . 5/19/2012
Amazing story :) I love how much you did with only one word of dialogue.
MissingMommy chapter 1 . 5/1/2012
An IOU review from the mess we're making on the "Review Challenge" forum. I am aware that I don't owe you one, but I've been where you are and thought your work should be reviewed regardless of who owes you the review.

Anyways, on to the review. I really like how you started and ended the fic with "Once upon a time" - it's really fitting for the "princess" theme that you were trying to convey.

On that subject, I really like how you showed that Pansy had changed after the war. I'm not one to believe that people change, but here it really seems plausable.

Harry/Pansy. What an odd couple. But you made it believable.

Overall, it was lovely :D
the lola chapter 1 . 4/29/2012
Ooh how interesting! I have read few fics with Pansy/Harry, but I don't ship Harry with anyone particularly strongly so I can appreciate this pairing. Obviously this was supposed to have the fairytale quality to it, which I think was very effective in including the prompt. The descriptive language was very good, and I very much enjoyed the use of the brackets in the text - I've seen this done a few times, yet I feel like very few authors can make it work, and you definitely did. Although not everything was completely clear, I liked this idea of not needing perfection after all. Lovely piece of work :)
OceanicWords chapter 1 . 4/27/2012
This was insanely sweet. You had Pansy perfectly in character - well, as good as in character you can get with this kind of pairing - and Harry was also very in character. I love how at the beginning you had that little paragraph showing how supercilious Pansy was and then at the end you tweaked it so that she was a better person because of Potter. Wonderful 3 As far as I can see there were no errors.
slightlysmall chapter 1 . 4/23/2012
This story confuses me a little bit, at least about why Harry would be grateful for dancing with Pansy, when the impression I get is that she danced with him only to escape Hermione and Harry agreed because he didn't have much of a choice. The mirrored beginning/ending is interesting, but until I read the final section, I was going to tell you that the first section seemed completely unnecessary to me. I wish there were more details about what was going on at this ball, what kind of ball it was, the shout you mention but don't explain... I didn't notice spelling/grammar issues.