Reviews for Catching Stars
sarahwood chapter 1 . 2/22
I know that this story was published a long time ago but I had to review - it nearly made me cry. Loved the ending but especially the part when Peter had to stop the car, we all know he puts on a strong front just for his siblings!
ForestGuardian311 chapter 1 . 6/6/2014
This was heart-wrenchingly beautiful.

I really...dislike the path Susan chose in LB. :( (And in all honesty, it just made me love Peter more for staying on it.)

Your characterization was spot on. I literally felt chills crawling up my spine when I read the first few paragraphs. Well done! :)
ScribeofHeroes chapter 1 . 5/21/2014
It is so beautifully and heartbreakingly well written. Great job!
Starbrow chapter 1 . 8/23/2012
I loved the way you described how deeply Peter loves her in spite of her unbelief and scorn. Peter was so tender with her even when she didn't deserve it. It was so beautifully put, the whole thing from start to finish. The use of italics instead of quotations for the dialogue was very effective.

My favorite moment was definitely when Peter had to pull the automobile over because he couldn't see through his tears. Heart-breaking. Would drunk Susan have lowered her inhibitions to return even a tiny fraction of his love? I don't know, but you did a heck of a job convincing us, and the last line was PERFECT, I was hoping it would end that way.
caspianandsusan4ever chapter 1 . 7/26/2012
i really, really love this piece. it is so hearbreakingly sad but it is so perfect. i can totally see everything you described and it was done just beautifully. love it love it love it
basaltone chapter 1 . 5/29/2012
Oh, the angst! So sad, heart wrenching to watch someone you love self destruct an not be able to stop it.
BelleIllumina chapter 1 . 5/28/2012
I cry for everyone's suffering after the three books.

It was hard for them all.

You made Peter human and as magnificent as he is.

And I also know that Susan return's when all is said and done.
JubileeKnight chapter 1 . 5/27/2012
Heartbreaking, but beautiful!
LaMindy chapter 1 . 5/15/2012
This is wonderful written, I can feel the tension and the emotion! The ending was absolutely perfect too... although it's so sad...
narniagirl11 chapter 1 . 5/1/2012
Very well done. Poor Peter. And poor Susan. She threw her life away.

I agree with you. I think Peter and Susan, being the eldest two, would have had a special relationship. I like writing stories about them and they are my favorite characters. You might like to read a few of my stories about them.

I wrote one a bit ago about Peter and Susan on her wedding day. Peter dances with Susan one last time. It's a bittersweet story like this one.

I really liked it. :) Well done!
MCH chapter 1 . 4/25/2012
So sad but for all that she is doing to herself the damage there is the heartache that she is doing to her family particularly to Peter that is very sad and it not his fault. Somebody needs to tell him that it was Susan decision that she is doing it because she feels she has been banished and her mind to prevent the pain it causes has sent her into a this destructive behaviour.

While she didn't eat the apple of knowledge like Eve did and she got Adam to eat it as well her story reminds me in a way of their banishment from the Garden of Eden or as in the Narnian stories Aslan Garden.
Shukumei4U chapter 1 . 4/24/2012
Amazing! :)
rainpaint chapter 1 . 4/24/2012
This was the worst/best line for me: "Peter goes back and back and back again over everything that has been said and done and tries to find a way to make this his fault, because then she won't have to suffer the pain at the end of the fall and maybe he can make it alright, but he never does." That's not a side of Peter I remember seeing before - one who makes everything his fault - but I like it. I liked his characterization in this a lot.
Romenya chapter 1 . 4/23/2012
Such a well written one-shot! Ah, Peter. Always hopeful, the poor chap. And always the big brother. Still, lovely characterisation of the siblings, and a nice look into life with the socialite Susan. - Bravo!
Laura Andrews chapter 1 . 4/23/2012
Wow! I loved this. You wrote it so well, and I could feel Peter's heartbreak. I'd never thought that Susan's 'parties' might be going to bars and getting drunk, but it makes sense. I mean, in Narnia she had parties and everything and they were perfectly fine, so it would make sense that the parties that she went to in our world would be of a different, more dangerous kind :(

Thumbs up, and keep writing!