Reviews for Last Hero
TheRoadgoeseverOnAndOn chapter 1 . 5/16/2013
Great story. Very well written.
Katatonia chapter 1 . 11/18/2004
Oh...wow!

For once, I'm speechless with awe!
docmon chapter 1 . 10/31/2004
that was beautiful. vivid images of war and despair, the hopelessness Eomer fought while trying to stay alive. The writing is exquisite. The memories were interwoven well with the present, giving us a clear picture into Eomer's state of mind.

Really well done.
Rhys chapter 1 . 10/7/2004
Whoa...I'm seriously almost without words. That was just so, so...impressive; stunning; mind-blowing, I don't know, just whoa...That was simply awesome. I don't know what else to say, other than I think I just stumbled into something very, very special...Thank you.
wellduh chapter 1 . 5/8/2003
*sniff*

I want to cry. It's so... I dunno... happy, yet sad. I want to laugh *and* cry.

Good work! Really!
RavenLady chapter 1 . 5/3/2003
*Sobs* Oh, wow. This is the best Eomer fic

I've read in a long time.
SuperHyperBerryBomb chapter 1 . 3/29/2003
That's beautiful.
Honesty chapter 1 . 3/9/2003
Nice. I like.

Am a sucker for Eomer fic, particularly good, thoughtful Eomer fic like this. Lovely depiction of trad ethics & principles meeting cold reality of warfare and new, unaccountable, uncomfortable ideas.

Yep, he's a darling.
Ginger chapter 1 . 1/21/2003
This was great. Eomer is definitely one of my favorite characters an you do a wonderful job. I would love to read a full-blown story by you about him. So hopefully you'll do one soon! lol Just my wishful thinking. Great job!

Ginger
Lotr-junkie chapter 1 . 1/18/2003
More than enjoyable... truly superb.
Miss-McCartney chapter 1 . 10/7/2002
now u listen b!tch!

its just a story I was bored so I wrote it! kay? I know its lame but anyways dont need 4 u to go all dissin on it! ppl can post what they wanna! like ure stories are the best "the best is is to take it of" man Im just gonna keep it on! b/c i feel like it not b/c some *je bent een rot kutwijf die denkt dat ze stoer maar een teringwijf isen een domme doos! kutjee* so try finding out wich language that is n wut it means haha! now lemme tell you the message of this whole msg BACK OFF! if u dont like the story than why r u reading it? just get the hell outta there mannnnnn its fiction...who cares if its bad? ...dont go making such a fuzz! GET A LIFE!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
Dora Mugworts chapter 1 . 9/16/2002
This is just as good as your other Eomer story! Good detail, too, especially Eowyn's questions. :-)
arabella thorne chapter 1 . 9/2/2002
Excellent tale nicely balancing the past wit the present and the carnage of war and the shining hope..Really really excellent!

You've done Eomer proud!
Azalais chapter 1 . 6/19/2002
This is simply gorgeous. It made me want to cry. Tolkien's battle scenes are something he rarely dwells on, it seems to me, and he tends to recount their plot twists in the blink of an eye - the arrival of the Ents at Helm's Deep, the arrival of Aragorn at the Pelennor - so it's wonderful to have such rich embroidering on those moments which are only sketched in. Somehow this has an epic feel which is very Rohirric, but it combines the exemplary valour with reality and human vulnerability. I shall never be able to read JRRT's account of the Pelennor Fields again without this in my head. Could you tell us a bit more about the song and its author, which are as you say exactly right for that moment?

Thanks again.
Lady Masterblott chapter 1 . 6/13/2002
Wow, Joan, that was amazing!

Definitely!

It was as if I could feel the mourn and grief and disgust and despair of Eomer.

I liked particularly how the dead of his sister made him see everything anew, and face battle as if in there for the first time - I felt deeply touched by this!

(Yeah, I know I have a sentimental strain in me...)