Reviews for White Knights and Dark Lords
suziq968 chapter 29 . 3/8
Loved this! It's always fun to explore the idea of scoobies vs. Voldy et all. They obviously would get squished, which you did quite well. Not too many typos and big fun with the quippage. Thanks so much for not putting Xander and Spike as a couple. That's so lame, Xander's the originator of the deadboy nickname, even if he was gay he would so never be with a vamp no matter how awesome Spike turned out to be. Loved the sidelining of Dumbles too. That would be the worst punishment for him.
Badbonita chapter 29 . 12/19/2016
It definitely sounds like you were prepared to continue with this story-line or even world view if another plot appeared. Since it's been a couple of years, the muse is still hiding that plot as of yet...if it even went looking for one.
Makes no difference.
This was a fast moving, enjoyable read and I thank you for finishing it.
missgsmith51 chapter 29 . 10/22/2016
Great story! I was rather sad to realize this was the end ... until I realized there was a sequel. :) I can't wait to start reading it. I'm eager to find out if the first generation Marauders and Harry join Xander and Spike or stay in Britain.

Again, thanks for sharing with us.
missgsmith51 chapter 28 . 10/22/2016
Oh, no silver paw in Hedwig's pellet? I guess she dropped it elsewhere. Good battle scene. I enjoyed it ... especially Neville beating and kicking fifteen years of frustration into Bella. Go, Neville!

I loved how the Phoenix song flattened the demons. Too bad they didn't have Fawkes singing from the beginning. His song would have encouraged the good guys and either freaked out or disabled the evil ones and demons.

I wonder if Petunia survived. She's a nasty little cockroach, so perhaps she did. I'm curious to know Dumbledore's fate, as well.
missgsmith51 chapter 27 . 10/22/2016
Oopsie! It looks as though Petunia is still going to fall under Voldemort's hand, unless someone rescues her. Peter, perhaps?

The fact that vamps and demons have joined Voldy is annoying, because they will tie up the slayers, who could be wiping out DEs. Bummer! I'm curious to see what Dumbledore dies to screw up things, because I'm guessing he will manage to insert himself into the action somehow. He couldn't bear to go out without a big show and a lot of flash. He hates being sidelined, so I'm expecting some "grand gesture" that winds up taking innocent lives. Of course, he doesn't seem to mind the loss of innocents. Perhaps it will be Snape who finally takes him down.
missgsmith51 chapter 26 . 10/22/2016
Yeay! Ron's head has finally been pulled out of ... its hiding place! There is hope, because so has Molly's! I'm glad Ron was the one to say what he did to Harry. It will mean more when Harry's head stops spinning and he calms down.

It's lucky neither the Grangers, the Weasleys, nor Augusta died. Houses can be rebuilt. It finally looks as though things are coming to a head, if the good guys can just hang on. I just wish Bella and Rodolphus had been taken down. However, I don't think they can last much longer. Peter is toast as soon as the Marauders see him. Who else is left?
missgsmith51 chapter 25 . 10/22/2016
Well, that's done. I just hope someone tells Dumbledore, so that HE doesn't kill Harry (or try). Sometimes I wonder if Dumbledore might not be "the other" in the prophecy. Then, sometimes I think maybe it refers to the Horcrux in Harry's head. I guess we will see, now that it's gone.
missgsmith51 chapter 18 . 10/22/2016
Well, that worked out better than it usually does ... so far. HOWEVER, I don't know if Giles and the others have the necessary clout to win against the level of corruption in the British ministry. I mean, does the British Ministry for Magic even recognize the Council's authority? They don't seem to pay much attention to the ICW, and Dumbledore is the Supreme Mugwump. Then again, as the Chief Warlock on the Wizengamot, he's also part of the body that is ignoring them. This should definitely be interesting. It's too bad Umbridge wasn't detained for questioning and arrest.
missgsmith51 chapter 17 . 10/22/2016
Lucius and the werewolf thing is more than a bit scary. I can only hope that Fudge will forget about it while he's busy trying to dig himself out of his other troubles.

I think Spike should start working on both Malfoys and get busy making their lives miserable. Malfoy, Sr., has far too much time on his hands. The rest of the folks need to keep the pressure on Dolores. I guess she hasn't used her "special quill" on Harry or anyone else yet. Maybe it's time to provoke her a bit, as the Quill is obviously illegal and would earn her a stay at the Azkaban Hilton.
missgsmith51 chapter 15 . 10/22/2016
ROTFLOL! I laughed myself silly at Xander's observations about Spike and Draco. I hope some jokes and pranks can be pulled from that. There should be enough raw material to keep Draco off balance for months. His observations on the Sorting Hat were hilarious ... and not without merit. I've wondered about the head lice issue for years (it's something all teachers dread) but finally decided Wizards must be immune.

I'm surprised Xander kept it together with Molly. The woman can be colossally annoying and seems to consider herself entitled to act in loco parentis to Harry - commenting on his behavior and chewing him out rather publicly in this case - despite the fact that he has only spent a few weeks in August 1992 and about nine days in 1984 with the Weasleys ... a total of about a month out of fifteen years. This presumption, carried on in Sirius's house in book five, really infuriated me; and it bugged me here, too. I'm wondering, though, if Arthur might be contacting Xander; I think he is somewhat less "worshipful" than his wife of some of Dumbledore's actions.

I can't wait to see what happens with Umbridge.
missgsmith51 chapter 14 . 10/22/2016
Oh! I can't wait to see the Malfoy-Xander and Malfoy-Spike meetings. Those should be priceless. I hope Neville and Luna are brought into their circle.

I hope things go well for Sirius. He always seems so vulnerable, probably because he acts like a thirty-plus-year-old adolescent. He needs to allow his "Black genes" to come out and play. Hm. Maybe he can eventually become the Defense instructor. This would keep him close at hand and make Dumbledore's schemes for Harry harder to carry out.

More and more, it's looking like Dumbledore is going to go down hard, once Voldy is out of commission.
missgsmith51 chapter 10 . 10/22/2016
LOL at Hermione and her questioning ... "technique" ... if that's what you want to call it. I'm glad, though, that Harry warned them about what I consider a dangerous aspect of her character: "Still had a tendency to do as she was told and trust authority figures. Like Dumbledore." What's worse, IMHO, is the attitude that led to McGonagall confiscating Harry's Firebolt in their third year. Without even bothering to discuss her concerns about the broom with Harry, she just did a sort of "end run" to McGonagall, completely bypassing Harry. (Is that the right analogy?) I really considered this a betrayal, and Harry doesn't trust easily. If I were Harry, it would put a big question mark over her head for me. I would need an oath from her that she wouldn't run to Dumbledore with their plans or location. I guess I'm not as forgiving as Harry ... or maybe just not as forgetting. We must hope she is over her Dumbledore worship.

I liked Spike's response to her. "M'not gonna tell you everything. Most of it, you got no need to know about." Now, there's a comment guaranteed to get her dander up. Hermione believes that if information exists, she has both a need and a right to know it.
missgsmith51 chapter 9 . 10/22/2016
LOL at Dobby putting Dumbledore in black robes (a fate worse than death!) and preventing him from transfiguring a comfy chair. I think it's sad that the other professors didn't get to see what Dobby did. It's really only fair that they should know the REAL Dumbledore ... at least, how he is perceived by Dobby and (apparently) some of the other elves.

Actually, I thought that, perhaps, the books and other things which disappeared might have been things Dumbledore "appropriated" from others ... rather like he had kept the Potter Invisibility cloak for so many years. I thought (hoped?) maybe Dobby had returned them to their proper owners or their heirs' vaults.

Dumbledore at least seems to have admitted he erred, not something that happens often.

I'm curious about the conversation between Spike and Xander where the name Travers is mentioned. Wasn't there a Death Eater named Travers who was imprisoned in Azkaban after the first Voldy war and also participated in Voldy's second reign of terror? Is he the same Travers? Just idle curiosity. I'm glad Snape seems fearful of the Red Witch, whoever she is. It seems she visited the cottage, too. I wonder ... is she a Prewett or a Weasley, by any chance?
missgsmith51 chapter 8 . 10/22/2016
Snape's a**-hole-ishness (sorry, but I feel his behavior deserves a special name) has reached new heights. He is blaming Harry and talking about Harry's demands, yet Harry didn't say or do anything. He was just with them. The better questions to ask would be why the Council felt they needed to intervene and why Harry needs protection from Dumbledore ... because it's obvious that they think so. Then again, they know Harry needs protection from Snape, as well.

Quite honestly, I would like to see either Xander or Spike scare Snape sufficiently that he behaves himself. It's looking more and more like Dumbledore is as dark and dangerous as Voldemort, especially where Harry and those who care for him are concerned. I'm wondering what Dobby has planned for the old coot. And ... could Buffy become involved?
missgsmith51 chapter 7 . 10/22/2016
Yeay, I love Dobby! If he isn't officially bound to Hogwarts, then he can't be used by Dumbledore to spy. I've always felt he was completely underused by Harry in the books.

I love the way Xander deals with Dumbledore - no awe or reverence or even respect, just refusal to play his games. I'm glad he slapped the old coot down for attempting Legilimency. Both Albus and Snape are far too prone to invade others' minds as if they actually had the legal right to do so.

I wonder what kind of jobs Xander and Spike will be doing ... because we all know there is no way Dumbledore would willingly let Harry go off to another school. (Actually, I think he should do exactly that - take off with Xander and Spike and the two Marauders for parts unknown.)