Reviews for Silent Words
Ms. New York chapter 1 . 7/4/2008
I only have one question: Why would Igor read it to Sonar? Unless she's making sure it's alright, then that's cool, but still. Shouldn't he be reading it to the whole camp who knew him more that Sonar?
Normryl chapter 1 . 2/26/2005
The summary doesn't really sum up what happens in the story, It's a poem by Igor after Radar dies.

I personally don't like the poem very much. It doesn't sound like someone would avtually write this after losing a friend.
radar fan chapter 1 . 11/11/2004
even though you killed radar it was good.

radar fan
dontgiveahoot chapter 1 . 4/22/2003
I really don't know what to say about this dreadful stream-of-consciousness thing that you call poetry. Granted, poetry is hardly my area of expertise, however, you don't have to be an expert in order to know if something's not right. Even the worst cook can tell if a a chef has burned the food, or undercooked it so it's raw inside. And Sonar dearie - your writing is all raw materials with not even the vaguest amount of preparation. There doesn't seem to be a single attempt to add grammar, characterization, or anything else to make the poem easier to read - or for that matter, worth reading. Now, if you'd noted that these were Igor's *thoughts* after Radar's death, the disjointedness would have made more sense. As it is, it's merely insulting to Igor to insinuate that he wrote this down and read it out loud to someone for some unknown reason.

In addition - why do you specify in the summary that Igor is reading his poem to Sonar? Why couldn't you just say "Igor writes a poem dedicated to his dead friend Radar"? Granted, it wouldn't have improved the poem at all, but why bother mentioning her if the poem is meant to be about the Igor and the emotions he feels with Radar's death? Oh, that's right - because then Super Surgeon Sonar wouldn't be in the story at all. Well - at least she wasn't mentioned in the poem, that's some comfort.
Satan's Apprentice2lazy 2sign in chapter 1 . 3/22/2003
*sniff*

u killed Radar.

y'd u kill Radar?

WAH!

it was good.
Tuttle chapter 1 . 6/8/2002
I thought that was good. It showed a nice sense of emotion, which is what poetry is supposed to do. Nice Job.
Evil Yellow Day Moon chapter 1 . 5/30/2002
:::stares blankly at the screen:::

Okay, I've been permenantly turned off from poetry. Now, I'm no Robert Frost but I do know that poems have lines that are more than one word. They ususally form a set pattern of syallables too...but I digress.

You also keep contradicting yourself (or Igor keeps contradicting himself, I'm not to sure). Microsoft Word has excellent word choices that it can show you in it's thesaurus. That's what I do in my stories 'cause I don't pay attention during English...but again I digress.