Reviews for War hauntings

HE SHOULDN'T DIE!

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?

ahem.

dont kill Radar.

and that's not how he talks.

Satan's Apprentice
dontgiveahoot chapter 1 . 12/14/2002
I WILL restrain myself. I will NOT give in to futile and pointless death threats, since I cannot kill you. I will merely say that you have taken one of my favourite M*A*S*H characters and turned his sweet innocence into an angsty teenybopper pretence at poetry, and I am now forced to pull out "The Complete Book Of M*A*S*H" by Suzy Kalter and do some serious nitpicking to the point where your pitiful efforts at poetry fall apart because there are more holes than there is poetry - but then again, the poem is already like that.

If you care about your work at all - RESEARCH IT before you post it. I am writing a chaptered story at the moment which has great emotional significance to me, and before every chapter I re-read every single book of the series relating to it, so that I capture all neccessary nuances, and get all my facts straight. It's also invaluable for getting the "voices" of your characters down for both dialogue and internal monologues (that's 'thoughts', dearie.) Had you done any research, such as watching "Dear Ma" or any of the episodes where Radar does a significant amount of talking, and perhaps you'd have a better grasp on his character and how he thinks, talks and writes.

And do you really think people on their deathbed write poetry? No, they don't - let alone this poor excuse for free verse that is currently running wild and needs to be brought under control with myxamatosis.
Raxor chapter 1 . 6/12/2002