Reviews for Masks on Empty Faces
dandeliondreams chapter 1 . 8/30/2012
Chilling and beautiful - well done :)
skywalker05 chapter 1 . 5/16/2012
This is absolutely fantastic. I love your word choice: "long-toothed face-eater" and the boney sounds of Koh's movement. The description of his fight with the Avatar gives exactly enough information while being poetic and concise. Lines like "It fits the boy-child's face like Koh knew it would, because Koh is old as bone, old as hunger, old as Truth, and he knows when he sees himself." and the Avatar changes faces in the easy way that Koh changes faces" really make me see the Avatar world in a different way. Excellent.
words without chapter 1 . 5/15/2012
Oh, this is terrifying. I like that Koh is casual in his ancient cruelty. Like another reviewer mentioned, the parallels are striking.

Amon almost sounds like Zuko here, somehow. Just as bitter and aggrieved, helpless too, but without an uncle and a GAang to temper it all.

Oh, and the idea of Amon's mask coming from Koh? New headcanon, thanks!
Domenic chapter 1 . 4/29/2012
I love how you had boy-child Amon and Koh parallel Aang and Koh before.

Koh's POV was amazing, it really felt like a spirit's POV.
Queen of the Red Skittle chapter 1 . 4/29/2012
Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful. The way you craft the prose is simply stunning. I fell in love with this piece within your first five words.

Very believable, very strong. Congratulations.

-Q
partner555 chapter 1 . 4/26/2012
This theory of how Amon got his powers show that he was wrong in thinking the Avatar failed humanity. It was an ok one-shot by the way.
Katsuno-Hitomi chapter 1 . 4/24/2012
All throughout this fanfic I felt like saying "meep." Because it's Koh. Very well done.
Jokermask18 chapter 1 . 4/24/2012
I myself have this same theory and hope it's true but it more than likely won't be.
Arrankor chapter 1 . 4/24/2012
I like this I had the same feeling Koh was involved when I watched Epi.3 I hope its true but its probably not.
laughingspider chapter 1 . 4/24/2012
Do you know something I don't know about The Legend of Korra? :-) In any case, I thoroughly enjoyed this story. It's a neat way to tie The Last Airbender to Korra. As always, super well written.

Thanks!