Reviews for Trouble Starts at Home
Caroline Masters chapter 2 . 4/9/2013
Great story. Hope to read more from you!
Leviathan0999 chapter 2 . 12/25/2012
Lovely! Thanks for writing this.
GoldAngel2 chapter 2 . 6/1/2012
Glad to see an update. First I want to say that your grasp of imagery is terrific...especially that line about adrenaline, that was exceptional.

You've really nailed the character of Julie's mother...whose name is Connie BTW...co-dependant on the current man in her life; a product of another time and place for women. She really is quite vulnerable to male manipulation...but fortunately, the acorn did fall away from the tree as her daughter does not intend to follow in her mother's footsteps. Julie learned by her example and will never allow herself to be a victim.

But kneeing the guy in the nuts is a double-edged sword...if she didn't get him hard enough to incapacitate him she runs the risk of having a very angry attacker out for blood...which happened here. Good thing the boys showed up and Pete's vicious left hook flattened the creep while Linc hurled himself on the guy to cuff him. Good work, fellas.

I like how you incorporated Pete's attentiveness to Julie in the scene...his gentle caresses and the way he was always caring for her it was pretty evident to me even as a 9 y/o kid watching the show back then that there was something between them. I remember one episode I was watching with my friend Michael and we both said they were boyfriend and girlfriend. But I digress...

I can't wait to see what happens next...something tells me that Herb and Chess have a lot more up their sleeves...like maybe running a prostitution ring. But Captain Greer will get to the bottom of it and the trio will put their collective deductive skills to work.

Good job...please continue
GoldAngel2 chapter 1 . 5/23/2012
Very nicely done...you've captured the flavor of the time with the speech perfectly (as reading this I could picture the park where they talked to her in the episode). And Julie's unease and distrust at her mother's new gentleman friend and especially Herb is very spot on. You didn't mention how old Herb is but if he is a potential stalker he's not going to get off easily.

Also her relationship with the boys is handled well...in the series both are very protective towards her but as they get closer it's Pete who begins to display deeper feelings toward her and her towards him...in the way he acts towards her and she reciprocates them.

I take it you're a fan of the series...so I look forward to how the story develops, you have a nice style and flow to your writing. And in response to your PM to me since you have a story here to post and am a registered member they should create the category if you request it yourself. However, if you need additional support you can count on me-:)

And if you get a chance please check out my Mod Squad stories: "The Date" and "Together Again".

GA2
Teyerin chapter 1 . 5/22/2012
Great start! Can't wait for the next chapter!