Reviews for Internet Killed The Video Star
guardianofdragonlore chapter 3 . 6/4
Wow. This is amazing, but what happened to the other boy?
becgate chapter 3 . 12/8/2014
Loved it! !
jack63kids chapter 3 . 11/9/2014
Excellent to tell this from Sally's POV. Gives a completely unbiased, and so, reliable opinion. Her reactions through out make it feel as you're watching with her. The excellent prose and believable characterisation certainly help too.
Very glad I wasn't able to review first time I read this an age ago now. Perfect excuse for rereading.
And for listening again to Iron and Wine. Real lump in throat music.
This whole story is a really good read, there aren't words, so leaving it as 'good'. It is emotional and amusing in equal measures and I feel like I know the adult Sherlock better for having read it.
SinAndSyntax chapter 3 . 10/19/2014
This is absolutely gorgeous. I wish there was more.
jack63kids chapter 2 . 9/14/2014
Ah, that deals with the 'case' - as plot devices go it was a good one - farewell case fic, it was fun!
Loving all the Holmes Bros moments. Feel that it explains a lot of the background to where we find them by the time John is on the scene.
Very occasionally I read something that I'm sure is entirely English usage, but nothing that screams 'wrong': like side table (which might be correct) but maybe I'd have said sideboard; 'gotten' which was in usage 300 years ago here, but is now coming back; and email client - email account? inbox? - the first time it was used I was wondering what the missing word was.
And another strong chapter with less humour, but a lot more delicious background details. So far the BBC have not explained how Sherlock got to be so badly socialised nor his relationship with his brother. I think you might be on the right track, however.
jack63kids chapter 1 . 9/13/2014
Excellent first chapter. Well written, humorous with strong characterisation and character motivation plus the promise of an interesting case.
Shadows Concealed In Darkness chapter 3 . 7/17/2014
Oh, wow, I really loved that. I really must go read Can't Rewind Now, but first I must commend you on your perfect portrayal of Sherlock and Sally and just everyone in general, but especially them. Sherlock was very much in character, especially when asked about Eric. Sally, even when given pretty damn solid evidence that Sherlock Holmes is, in fact, very human and not a psychopath ready to kill or a heartless sociopath, still tried to convince herself that Sherlock's a Freak.
Btw, I'd really like to know what Sally named the file. Like, I'm seriously curious. Are you going to continue this? :)
HappinessIsaWarmSociopath chapter 3 . 6/25/2014
Ah, where to start with this? There was so much I enjoyed, but I don't quite have it in me to review each chapter. General praise shall have to suffice.

Firstly, I love your characterization of Sally. She's one of those characters I feel gets a lot of unfair hate, because really, Sherlock is an ass to her and I think most people would react defensively if they actually had to interact with him on a professional basis. But the slightly more vulnerable and grudgingly touched side you showed here was a very refreshing take, particularly her thoughts on Sherlock being in a relationship. It makes sense that seeing his human side in a removed context like a video would make it easier to accept him as something more than the psychopath she normally sees him as.

Normally I ship Johnlock, but I really like the idea of Sherlock being in a relationship that doesn't lead to him shacking up with John after countless chapters of jealous angst. It's nice seeing a canonically possible romance, and Sherlock's reflections so far have been perfectly IC, right down to his admission that Eric was "occasionally tolerable". And I loved, loved, loved, his surprisingly heartfelt rendition of that lovely ballad. I looked it up before reading and really have to thank you. What a gorgeous song, and one I can hear in Sherlock's voice. Great lyrics too. And now I have something new to add to my writing playlist. I'm going to go and read 'Can't Rewind…' now. Apologies for any spelling and grammar errors, but I'm a bit too spent to go back and edit my review.
dastardlyduck chapter 3 . 6/12/2014
Interesting. Lovely. Want more!
elbafo chapter 3 . 5/21/2014
Nicely done bringing it back to Sally again. I have no trouble picturing your videos from your descriptions, as I've said before.
Loved all that, adorable as usual.
But what I really liked was Sally still trying to convince herself at the end that Sherlock really is a freak still. She seemed quite keen to hold onto that idea despite what she'd seen of him as a teen.
I'll have to listen to that song on YouTube once my internet download speed has reset. Ugh.
Um... where do I go from here... better consult your list again.
elbafo chapter 2 . 5/19/2014
Hilarious! I could just imagine Sherlock's upside down face twisting around in horror once he recognised the song from the video. I love the idea of the chasing round the room scene, and the image of Sherlock with mussed hair as a consequence. Thanks for providing that visual. It did seem a bit odd at first - something I'd normally associate with guys 10 years younger - but when you picture that in association with the "punch me in the face" scene, it does fit with the characters and their relationship.

Mycroft's childhood photos are precious!

Touching moments with Sherlock sharing his dark past and John's reactions.

You get the nuances of their relationship and weave that expertly into the scenarios you've created for them, managing to make it both entertaining and moving. Love this!
mecaka chapter 3 . 5/18/2014
What did she name it?! Augh! I'm gonna die from not knowing...
elbafo chapter 1 . 4/26/2014
So speaking of the Can't Rewind 'verse, I've decided to get back into it and finish it. I was too overwhelmed to review at the time, sorry... Rude. Rude! But I'm starting again, honestly! And I'll hopefully construct some half decent reviews this time. I've since discovered your suggested reading order, something I mysteriously missed before, so here I am at story #1.

Since I've read halfway through Can't Rewind, I'm naughtily familiar with the backstory to this already. The obvious difference is that you're telling this through unsympathetic eyes, Donovan's, and once I started reading and realised through whose eyes in particular we were getting to see, I couldn't wait to read her reaction to seeing photos of your teenage Sherlock - photos that I 'remember' being taken in the chapter from Can't Rewind.

I like that you call them 'Holmes' and 'Watson' as Donovan would, and your description of Sherlock reflects her attitude towards him: having him "haring around" and being "freakishly tall." Having her appreciate the "nice arse," is then hilarious when she was ignorant of who possessed such arse-niceness. So Donovan apparently has good taste :) But you're not trying to endear *her* to us for such thoughts which include later discovering the adorable photos of Sherlock and Eric. Sherlock and Eric are bloody gorgeous together, everyone thinks so, that's written as fact basically. It's just so much so that even someone who despises Holmes as much as Donovan does can't help but see it too.

I love Lestrade's cool yet gleeful attitude throughout, and that he's not horrified like Anderson is. It's as if he's not surprised too much, knowing more about Sherlock as a person than the others do.

Sherlock's casual and even indifferent response to Donovan asking, "Is that your boyfriend?" is wonderful.

This was lovely and funny, and yes, freakin' adorable. I didn't have to try too hard to imagine any of the photos or the videos thanks to your excellent descriptions of them. As an audience, of course, we *want* to see what the Yarders saw, and this worked really well in describing that.

Somehow I see this chapter as a sort of "Hah! Take that Donovan! Not only is Sherlock not a freak, but he's pretty frikkin' cool and hot!"

But wait... there are more chapters...?
Little Oswin Oswald chapter 1 . 4/24/2014
I love it already. I can't wait to
54 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »