Reviews for The World on Fire
PhoenixHavok chapter 69 . 1/1
This story is plainly amazing. Great writen, very descriptive and detailed. You also write the characters amazing. Susanna's death broke my heart and Erik's reaction finished it. Alex and Scott's parents deaths too. I really liked Christopher. I kinda pictured him as Alex if he was older. Every relationship was perfectly developed. Raven and Azazel, Clarice and Calvin, Moira and Charles, Kayla and Logan, Susanna and Erik, they were all wonderful to read. I am really sad about the deaths of mostly some of my favourite characters. This story was a rollercoaster of emotions. Thank you for this amazing fanfiction. I am looking forward to the last part. Also If FOX could make the movies based on your fanfics they would probably make the best superhero movies. Thank you again.
QueenYoda chapter 69 . 5/19/2015
Yeah, I'm near tears. I have to tell you I really identified with Susanna, maybe more than anyone else in this story and her death has killed me. Eric is going to become a psychology maniac, isn't he? But this was a great story and had a wonderful ending.
Princesses too.
Guest chapter 1 . 4/25/2013
The smirks from Logan was gold! Haha, poor Charles.
Guest chapter 69 . 7/2/2012
Excellent conclusion. I was wondering how and when Alex and Lorna would meet. I first thought that they might meet in school, but things obviously did not turn out that way. As for the next story I am really curious as to how Alex's character will develop. I like how you put in Kilbrew's point of view in this chapter, it really showed how some of the enemy think. As for the subject for the adamantium test I think that it might be Logan, but then again it might also be Sabertooth. It would be kind of cool to see him with adamantium.
This was a great chapter and a great story. I think that the many different threads that you were working with, all the different characters plotlines, made the story better than many others. It takes a great deal of skill to handle so many characters, and so many different plotlines all at once. Congratulations, on completing another great X-Men story. I eagerly await the sequel and more stories that follow. Well done.
Guest chapter 69 . 7/2/2012
Sad that it's over, but excited for the third in the series! I've been following since about halfway through 'The World Turned Upside Down' and I'm happy that you've continued. I love your update times, it's nice to have consistency and reliability in an author. Keep up the great character development! It's great to have some of the more minor characters shine for once, despite my live for Charles, Eric, Raven, Moira and the others.
Keep up the great work, I'm anxiously awaiting 'The World United!'
Guest chapter 69 . 7/2/2012
I assumed Stryker and the rest would be apprehended in the last chapter, but then again, it would have been unreasonable for them to be on the island – so, good call. I can't wait to see more of the younger generation and their own dynamics (Alex and Lorna, for example), and of course, what kind of boy baby Kevin would grow into. I wonder if Stefan would be included in this group – he may not be a mutant, but he is being raised by Azazel. Either way, I would like to see more of the Azazel – Raven relationship, now that kids are involved; maybe even see baby Kurt. I think the decision to outfit Victor with the adamantium skeleton is excellent – it would certainly be a lot different than with Logan. I know it would probably be a nightmare to try and write from his prospective, but I personally would love to see him mourn the only person he loves, in his own way; that is, if someone in the MRD decides to tell him. Maybe it would be unrealistic to expect them to tell him, since, logically, they are to blame for his brother's death. On the other hand, this is Victor, and he'll probably find a way to blame it on his little niece; something along the lines of: if Logan hadn't been trying to defend her and her mother, he wouldn't be dead. I can see how the MRD's attack might rekindle the anti-human movement on Genosha, but I hope it won't, since this time humans were directly hurt, too. Besides, it would be repetitive, plot-wise.
Knight of Wings chapter 69 . 7/2/2012
Excellent conclusion. I had wondered how Alex and Lorna would meet up. I originally though tthat they would have met up in shcool and develop their friendship/relationship from there. But that has obviously changed. I find myself wondering about how Alex's character will develop in the next story, both his parents killed infront of his eyes, raised by a bunch of military elites. It is going ot be interesting ot see how he develops as both a warrior and a person. As for this chapter I like how you give two different views on the Erik's speech. As for that family, I hope that they do well. I particularly like how you give Killbrew's view on the Mutants. He seems inteligent and observant for a villain. I hope that you give his background inthe next story. As for the adamantium project, I think that you are describing Logan, but I am not dismissing the possibilty that it might be sabertooth who will get the metal skeleton. An adamantium sabertooth would be something to be feared.
I must say that this is a well done and well written story. You used a great deal of characters, and had to write many different personalities. You also had to control and keep track of many different character plots and crisis. The fact that you handled all of this so well is very impressive. I eagerly await the sequel, as well as any future stories that I hope that will follow. Well done.
Chocolate and caramel chapter 69 . 7/2/2012
gasp! it's finall over! man, to come back from an internetless holiday to find chapters pileups that are full of emotional and shocking surprises... I bawled a lot in this series, especially toward the end. I salute you and I hope to read more from you.

p.s: Mimic's last words forever etched in my mind...
Princess-Amon-Rae chapter 69 . 7/2/2012
Okay so I'm no really sure why I got a mention. I only reviewed one chapter. But I'm not complaining! That was brilliant and I am so excited for the third part! And in all honesty I'm not complaining about the fact that all your things turn into trilogies! It just makes the awesome stuff last longer ;)
Guest chapter 65 . 6/28/2012
This just makes me really upset that she's losing the baby, I can't stop thinking about it.
C. S. Tolkien chapter 69 . 7/2/2012
Important question. There would be a sequel of this story?

And I am sorry for question your knowledge of the X Men Comics.

This is really a good story, very original, I can really imagine how would be in the future, with the X Men and the Hellions against Stryker and company, then against Siniestro and Apocalipsis and of course the Dark Phoenix, with a the all the technology like the Cerebro and a fleet of Blackbirds.

So, please, you have to make a sequel of this story.
C. S. Tolkien chapter 68 . 7/1/2012
I dont known if you do your known this, but the complete name of Moira is Moira Kinross MacTaggart, or in the original version MacTaggert or McTaggert.

Her last name is MacTaggart because he married a Joseph MacTaggart, that then become a politican, a very nasty character, never the less, at difference from the movie she was 100% scottish woman, maybe I am idiot, and you already known this.

Never the less, I tell you that because I didnt realice that you named Moira, Moira Rose MacTaggart, the middle name Rose maybe because the actress Rose Byrne, well, well, I hope that this be usefull.
Princess-Amon-Rae chapter 68 . 7/1/2012
balwing Okay i can calm myself down enough to write this... Keeps sobbing No no I cannot. I've been sobbing through the past like ten chapters and despite all that this story is still utterly brilliant and well written and I love the characters and everything you've done with this story! I'm ignoring the deaths as I say this. Keep up the excellent work!
Knight of Wings chapter 68 . 7/1/2012
A nice end to all the chaos, but I have a feeling that after the attack, things are going to be different. I do hope that everyone gets the peace that they deserve. I feel for all the kids that lost both of their parents. I wonder if they are going to have a larger role in the next stroy that gyou have planned. It would be interesting to see the Summers boys tag team in their fights, becasue so far in your stories we have seen them fight seperately, I wondr how well they would fight together. Anyway beyond my typical ramblings and ponderings on what might come I have to say that I really liked how this chapter turned out, it ends with a reminder of what was lost, but also of what still remains. I am looking forward to the conclusion of this story. Well done, especially since you posted a new chapter everyday.
C. S. Tolkien chapter 67 . 6/30/2012
I like the fast way that you write, a chapter per day, when I could write, four years ago, I write this fast to, but now I dont have any idea that stick, I have to much idea, but everytime that I want to write I freeze and have doubts, so I cant write anything.

Never the less, keep doing a good job.