Reviews for Under Cover of Darkness
HeartsDragon chapter 7 . 8/27/2015
I loved this story!
Ah i did not need Buck Riley feels but i'm in tears thinking about whats about to happen... and what they went through and how amazing their friendship is and ah!

Amazing writing! I loved it so much i really enjoyed all the small characterisation that you fit in and how they reacted to each other slowly and it built into a relationship. Bravo!
not the usual baka chapter 7 . 12/17/2013
Scarecrow is thinking like a ninja, going out by the window.
Does scarecrow need a time turner to get to all the classes on offer?
It was nice of Shane to give Paula flowers, Book did spend a lot of time at the hospital.
Long live the maghook!

This is the best Matthew Reilly fanfic I have read so far.
If only a new book in the series would come out soon...
not the usual baka chapter 6 . 12/17/2013
And then he could see!
Wonder what was Scarecrow's old callsign, maybe it was a bird of some stuff?
not the usual baka chapter 5 . 12/16/2013
Woah, must be the good stuff for there to be dreams of elephant and clouds.
not the usual baka chapter 4 . 12/16/2013
Walsh is an awesome character.
The books do say Shane and his grandfather got along, wonder how Michael handled seeing the eye injury on his grandson.
Motivational stuff from Book, very eloquent.
not the usual baka chapter 3 . 12/16/2013
Guardian angel Buck can read and write bedtime stories, hehe.
Although murder mystery isn't the usual topic for such stories, it seems to work quite well in this case.
not the usual baka chapter 2 . 12/16/2013
Aw I'm sure Buck's writing wasn't that bad, Schofield was just a little delusional and not the best critic at the moment.
Cassey11 chapter 7 . 10/18/2013
Wow. This was excellent! Can't believe it doesn't have more reviews :)
ally chapter 7 . 10/10/2013
Extremely well written absolutely loved it
RileyleFae chapter 7 . 1/30/2013
I love it! i'm sat here in tears but so damn happy because you, are an amazing writer!
Julie chapter 7 . 9/11/2012
I think I almost cried. Such a great read. You can tell that you put a lot of great thought into the truthfulness and dept of the characters and even made it intertwine with the timeline of the books. I loved it.
Do you think you could write one about Schofield and Gant?
Pom Rania chapter 7 . 8/27/2012
I wholeheartedly enjoyed this story. Thank you very much for writing it!

Although, I got the sniffles a bit at the end, knowing what happens to Book; but that's a risk one runs with any fanfic that isn't an AU.

Definitely added to my faves.
mythaelogy chapter 7 . 8/10/2012
"I think I like this thing."
Feels! I am receiving feels! This was a brilliant end to a story, gah, I wish I'd finished it sooner! You linked everything Matthew Reilly ever mentioned that could possibly be linked in, it was very neat and tidy. Thank you for another great Scarecrow story, Bastetian. I also love that we got to see a completely different side to him.
mythaelogy chapter 6 . 8/10/2012
I love the continued 'course' motif ending the chapter between Book and Scarecrow. And the dialogue in this chapter was amazing! Such suspense, waiting five whole chapters for this moment and it was just as good as I thought it would be! :D
mythaelogy chapter 5 . 8/10/2012
For the previous chapter (which I have apparently already reviewed- go figure):
I. Got. Your. Favourite. BOOK!
I adore The Return of the King and J. R. R. Tolkein and that quote fitted so aptly with this scene.
And my favourite thing for this chapter (which again, I've probably read) is how you describe people smiling. Sounds weird but "Book thought he might just have seen the edge of Schofield's lips quirk into something resembling a smile" is different to any of the other ways you've described smiling. It's sweet and succinct.

About this chapter:
He. Hehe. Skinny white ass, that made me laugh.
And I am like your inclusion of the cigarette. I believe we tend to think of marines/soldiers as clean cut with no vices or demons, yet you humanize them by giving them these very things.