Reviews for any which way but up
autumn midnights chapter 1 . 6/8/2012
Great job on this! I love the friendship you show between Albus and Scorpius in the very first scene. It's kind of obvious throughout the whole piece that Albus is a bit more of a troublemaker, and Scorpius gets his work done more, and I like how you've characterized them there since that's not really how I picture them. I'm glad they finally got together in the end - I was rooting for them throughout the whole piece. The ending was fluffy and adorable, and I really liked it. I've read AlScor before, but I've never read them like this - where Scorpius starts acting all weird around Al, and there's a lot of tension between them before the truth finally comes out - and I really liked it. Lovely job, Lovisa!
Morghen chapter 1 . 4/26/2012
I read this over breakfast and have been wanting to review it all day! :O

I haven't read many Al/Scor fics, mainly because I prefer Scor/Lysander, but WOW! I just loved this one! I might have to check out more for this pairing now!

Your characterizations of both Scorpius and Albus were perfect. I kept wanting to whack Al on the head for being so thick in some parts, but he finally got it in the end! I really liked how, ermm, sensitive (I can't think of a different word) Scorpius was. It was a different portrayal of him, but it really worked and was definitely believable!

The way that Scorpius just wanted to distance himself from Albus was great. It would be hard, I imagine, to be attracted to your best friend like that and you showed Scorpius' struggle perfectly. I also liked how Albus reacted to Scorpius telling him how he felt. It was perfect, for lack of a better word.

My favorite part was probably either when Albus jumped on Scorpius in his bed or the ending. I felt so bad for poor Scor because I had guessed by why he was acting the way he was and Albus was NOT helping anything when he tackled him XP The ending was just perfection, though! I almost squealed (thankfully, I didn't since I had a mouthful of coffee) when Al kissed Scor! It was soooo cute and amazing and slashy!

So yeah, in case you didn't notice, I LOVED this fic!

-Morghen