Reviews for The Eyes of Merlin
LuckyLuca chapter 18 . 8/10
I love how the epilogue brings it all around again.
BlueSilverSpirit chapter 7 . 7/24
Welp, I just died... And suppressed shrieks of laughter at 1:30 am... Yeah, my family is used to it.
:D
Archleone chapter 18 . 7/21
Wow, this summary of how the story would have ended is pretty bad. It's probably for the best that you didn't waste your time on it.

You had the story end by Harry using some random artifact to kill Voldemort instead of him using the magic he'd been learning to do it. Nothing really became of the dragons, since it seems Harry only made four "smart" dragons before the story ended.

The biggest disappointment is the whole thing with Morgana and Camelot. Harry never cleared his name, so it makes no sense for Harry to be written in History as Merlin's friend or Arthur's friend because history would instead write him as a criminal. Morgana disappearing and Harry never finding her is also stupid because you claimed that the pairing would be "Harry P./Morgana". It's in the story tags. How is Harry never being with her or neither of them even admitting an attraction to each other at all the same thing as them being paired together?

It all just sounds so poorly thought through. Not to mention all that stuff with Luna made no sense, or really much of anything else. I guess in the end, despite the potential of an interesting story, this is in fact a bad, poorly-written story.
Archleone chapter 11 . 7/21
I know this story has been abandoned, but this chapter was a pretty terrible move. The whole thing with "Draco" being found out as a sorcerer and Morgana letting Arthur believe he was in league with Morgause (which is how you actually spell "Morgouse", but Merlin isn't exactly a particularly great show in general when it comes to being accurate, and there's several other accepted spellings anyway) was just plain a bad move. It makes it difficult for Harry to ever return to Camelot without a lot of unnecessary trouble, and it's essentially a betrayal on Morgana's part which undermines the subtext of her being attracted to Harry, trusting him, and the fact that he's basically her best friend outside of Gwen and until that point her only friend who really know much about magic.

This isn't the first instance of you shooting yourself in the foot either. Sirius being in Camelot was a major error because he did not help the story in the least, but DID totally undermine the whole idea that Harry should try preserving the past as best he could without necessarily stopping himself from behaving naturally. All Sirius did was run around talking about things that hadn't been invented yet and teaching things to people to alter history. He was being entirely an idiot and there's really no acceptable excuse for his behavior. It was recklessly influencing the future simply because he was bored. He treated it like a game or a "prank", and it really makes no sense for Harry to allow that.

I can't imagine how he was convinced that taking Sirius with him was a good idea, because the more people in the past changing things there are, the less stable the future becomes. That's basic time travel. Butterfly effects and all that. I don't really want to go into it and try to extrapolate scenarios that could be borne from his foolishness because this story is dead and it's not worth it, but just for the sake of discussion I think it was a terribly stupid move.

Just how many things can safely be changed before there's never a Hogwarts? Or an Albion? Just from this moment, Arthur's feelings about "Draco's" alleged betrayal could result in him being much less interested in seeing the benefits of allowing magic to be legalized and letting it flourish. Sirius introducing gambling is hardly a good change either, since gambling very quickly becomes super seedy and sketchy which can lead to instability in the realm, on some level.
I really hate Sirius in this story. He completely ruins it by acting like a childish idiot and putting Harry and the future in danger by doing the most stupid things
Pathetic. You made Harry powerful. Had him be taught and teach Merin. Then you go make him weak against Voldemort. Talk about mixed signals.
QueenHufflepuff01 chapter 18 . 5/30
Thank you for the summary of what would have happened! i really enjoyed this story, it was absolutely amazing
Fawkes Flame chapter 18 . 5/19
Thank you for this story, I really enjoyed it! I wish you'd continue but I'm glad you decided to write a summary.
WRose chapter 18 . 5/15
Great story except the part with Merlin's bodily death.
Aqua Lilly chapter 18 . 5/9
I hope you change your mind. This is a really good story. I thank you for at least giving us a summary of what would have happened. No really does that which is really frustrating. My only question: what happened to Morgana?
Treant Balewood chapter 18 . 5/3
Thanks for giving us some closure. Thanks for Writing!
so not harry morgana happy ending
Sefera chapter 18 . 5/3
Thats okay! I enjoyed it while it lasted all the same, and ill ne keeping it on my favorites list, because I use it as my read gistory anyways.
ShadowHatcher chapter 18 . 5/3
I'm so sad to see this story go, but thank you for finally letting us know the ending!
WanderingSoul chapter 8 . 1/11
Sirius is killing this story :( at this point Harry, Merlin, Morgana and Sirius would all have been executed for Sirius being a dumb shit. He is a prankster, not a mentally deficient 5-year-old.

Aside from that, nice story, I like most of it aside from Sirius