Reviews for Padded In Purple
silentsrises chapter 6 . 5/14/2014
yeah definitely green hornet style thats how kato and brad see a fight in slow motion
DestroyerDRT chapter 13 . 11/2/2013
After rereading this chapter I am now not to sure about the other review. I do hope that they get the prof of the Captain's guilt with the crime family.
DestroyerDRT chapter 15 . 11/2/2013
Gigante is asking her to go after the nut job that scared Chris so bad the One that is killing any one in a costume.
Vladimir Zhivanevskaya chapter 15 . 7/15/2013
The plot is afoot!
RobGill chapter 15 . 2/12/2013
Nice to see that you're back.

Damn, looks as though the safehouse wasn't as much of a secret as they thought.
Good to see that her survival instincts weren't dulled by her time in confinement.

The only nitpick I have is that Detective Marten knows who she is, to say nothing of her reputation, yet is careless enough to put his life at risk, confronting her in such a direct manner. And yet he needs her assistance? Unexpected, despite his having been a friend to her father. Is he turning against Gigante?

Speaking of Gigante: Not to get too far off-topic, but given his huge role in the second comic series (which is strange, as he had nothing to do with destroying Damon's career in the comic), it's odd that he's not even listed in the cast for the 2nd film. Ah, well.

And as it's been a long time since an update, I'd forgotten that Todd is very much in dire straits; not comforting with "Hello my name is c**t's" recent actions.
Jamesk19 chapter 2 . 2/12/2013
another good chapter
Jamesk19 chapter 1 . 2/12/2013
wow short chap but looking forward to reading rest
RobGill chapter 14 . 7/23/2012
Yeah, I'd be a little worried about Mindy playing William Tell with a bow and arrow, if this is how she handles boredom. (A foreshadowing of her adding those particular weapon to her arsenal, perhaps?) And while Dave's giving her static now, has he done so about her confrontation with Chris, a couple chapters back?

And while Mindy has not been abducted yet (the dream, notwithstanding), you're starting to concern me with Todd's current predicament.
RobGill chapter 13 . 7/2/2012
Re KA #2: And the HIT-GIRL comic series (the 1st issue on shelves as of last Wednesday) will be the intro to the 2nd film. Check it out; not bad, with Big Daddy flashback (perhaps why lists Nic Cage in cast), and Mindy's assimilation efforts in "civilian" life. Any chance of stuff from it in Padded in Purple? Also, the 2nd comic series is now collected in hardcover.

Now for the review: An old pal of Damon's? Are we to expect conflicts between Nic Marten's duty to the NYPD, and loyalty to his old friend, Mindy's stomach-turning carnage, notwithstanding? And it goes without saying, but it takes nerve for Gigante to call Damon "legit...the real deal," with a straight face, considering what he did to destroy his legitimacy in the 1st place.

Is this a brief intermission; can we expect to see Mindy, Dave, et al, next time?
Guest chapter 12 . 7/2/2012
Very poignant chapter, with Marcus looking at the video.

I'm hoping he'll get the happy ending as well.
Guest chapter 13 . 7/2/2012
Great news about the sequel as well as KA-3.

There are a few factual things I have to dispute in this chapter though.

Marten would not be trained by the New Jersey Department of Law Enforcement and then go to the New York Police Academy. People are not sent to the police academy until they've actually been hired by the department they're being trained by.

Also, he wouldn't be a detective at the age of 21 and pretty much a rookie. In the NYPD, one becomes a detective through promotion after a period of time in uniform.

I think Gigante should watch his back. Sooner or later, Mindy will come for him. Maybe that's why he wants her taken out.
Guest chapter 13 . 7/2/2012
Wow, that was short. But I forgive you, because, you're going to update again soon, right? Right? *flips open balisong*
RobGill chapter 12 . 6/19/2012
Re the little lies she's seen fit to tell the neighbor: I think that she'd better familiarize Dave, Todd, and Marty with these new cover stories (i.e., Dave's her brother, explaining the noises from the booby trap, the movers who are on the way, etc.), to avoid awkward moments in the event he shows up again, and talks to someone other than Mindy.

Well, it was only a matter of time before *someone* in the Kick-Ass universe decided to make a film about Dave and Mindy's exploits (and it just HAD to be Michael Bay, didn't it?); the worst part of it, however (from a legal point of view, that is), is that Kick-Ass and Hit Girl's real-life names are publically known (as they've been unmasked), so one would think that a.) they would be entitled (legally) to any royalties from the film's eventual box office or merchandising, or that b.) Michael Bay would-at the very least-contact them, to run any screenplay by them for their approval, as the depicted events are supposed to be their life stories, more or less. Unfortunately, being in hiding after the breakout means they can't afford to make any sort of contact, lest law enforcement finds out where they are.

"I throw on a brunette wig that they might well call the Zoey Deschanel." Nice touch, as Chloe Moretz co-starred with Ms. Deschanel in the film 500 Days of Summer.

That scene with Marcus is just too sad for words, but I would think he'd have heard about Mindy's breakout by now.

Yep, Chris *is* just too evil for words, but as you've shown he can wound her with words, not just just weapons. I would think that Gigante's words in the comic ("you're not a superhero, you're just a little girl with a perosnality disorder") would have the same effect. By the way, what does Mindy look like by now, injury-wise; she was pretty messed up by the end of the comic?
RobGill chapter 11 . 6/16/2012
Wow, she must have really have been going stir-crazy to start belting out to the Hives' 'Tick Tick Boom,' those three words a foreshadowing of the explosive posthumous greeting from Damon.

So they plan to hide here, in plain sight, figuring that it's the last place that those pursuing them would expect them to go? If so, that booby trap just might defeat that purpose; wouldn't all the ruckus just attract the attention of the neighbors, including 'Douche' (AKA he who left his garage door open)?
RobGill chapter 10 . 6/4/2012
"If I have to hear one more goddamn beep noise I think I will blow my fucking brains out"

Which is likely the same thing that Dave, Todd, and Marty were thinking during the raid...when they were going nuts, listening to 'Summer Samba.' Seriously, I hadn't listened to that song before reviewing the last chapter, but now that I have, it's MUCH funnier in retrospect. A miracle that Dave and pals aren't candidates for institutionalization, by now. (Now if they had to listen to 'The Girl From Ipanema'... ;) )

But I digress..let's get back to Chris's story. About time that D'Amico's mother makes *some* kind of appearance; the movie practically forgot she existed after the first 30 minutes or so. And the whiny little punk ought to count his blessings that "Every day is exactly the same," to quote Nine Inch Nails; at this point, I would've thought he'd be thinking of Metallica's One, about the soldier who cannot live or die, and is trapped in his own mind.

And his reaction to the "blonde, no-tit-bitch...supposedly "creat[ing] a jail-yard gang and train[ing] more fucking psychos with periods" is just...priceless. Misogynistic as hell, sure, but funny, nonethless...especially when you consider that his first fear was that Hit-Girl was going to get him, scaring him more than 'Hello, my name is Cunt.' It speaks volumes about her reputation that he fears her more than a *real* villain.

As for my earlier comments about Max Payne 3...there might be a quick fix to that. Perhaps in the KA universe, Todd was thinking of Max Payne 3...the film. No really, the Kick Ass film showed that The Spirit was made into three films, so Max Payne could be that way, as well, in the KA-verse.