Reviews for The Quick and the Dead
jmsings chapter 4 . 5/29/2012
I'm reading all of your stories today and have not been the least bit disappointed! You have a wonderful way of examining the characters and their relationships, their thoughts and inner feelings. You have clearly captured the complex dynamic of McGee and Abby. Love it! Thank you,
lsmcfan chapter 3 . 5/15/2012
very good job!

thanks :)
ladybugsmomma chapter 4 . 5/10/2012
I'd like to think that Rachel and Abby did keep in touch after that episode and finding out about her. It seems to have given her a little closure. Though it did seem that Kate was a taboo subject. Anyone who mentioned her name got glares or the conversation broke off. Can't wait for more!
CountessCora chapter 4 . 5/10/2012
This is terrific and I can see it in my mind's eye
alix33 chapter 4 . 5/10/2012
"Who's sister?" - "Whose sister".

That paragraph about Abby having an empty bit, still, where Kate used to be, was desperately sad.

"He gave it less than two minutes before Abby attacked. He was right. Within seconds of realizing they had returned, Abby had flown out of her seat and was hugging the doctor with all her might. The doctor cleared her throat before addressing the younger woman. "I was going to tell you." The only response she got was a vigorous nod into her shoulder." - AW!

"watching them, Abby and Rachel, he knew Abby had finally found someone else who understood. Who like herself, was never going to be able to leave Kate behind, to never completely accept that she was gone. If Rachel could give her someone to connect with, a way to not be alone in her head with Kate. Maybe instead of darkness, there would be light." - AW!
ladybugsmomma chapter 3 . 5/3/2012
Great story so far! Can't wait for more!
CountessCora chapter 3 . 5/3/2012
This is so intriguing; a true character study of what Abby was enduring at this time in losing and mourning a friend and colleague.
Sophies-Welt chapter 3 . 5/3/2012
Awesome story, awesome chapter, love how you describe the feelings of the persons. Please update soon!
alix33 chapter 3 . 5/3/2012
"unsettling friendship with Jenny," - Ever since "Judgment Day" I wish we knew more about that friendship.

"All communication had been regulated to Mcgee." - "relegated to McGee"?

"Gibbs didn't particularly care what they did. As much as he thought Mcgee sometimes needed to stand up to Abby," - Like Gibbs himself ever stood up to Shannon? Yeah right.
lilawonder chapter 2 . 5/2/2012
I really LOVED this especially the first chapter.
alix33 chapter 2 . 5/2/2012
What a sad chapter.
miss4nschik chapter 2 . 5/2/2012
Very nice. Totally enjoyed it.

Keep up the good work! _
bbfan chapter 2 . 5/2/2012
Nice and very on-character. Totally to the point, as well... Ari is dead.
smush68 chapter 2 . 5/2/2012
Good chapter! Was hoping you'd have the scene with Abby and Tony in the lab, when Ari takes a shot at her.
bbfan chapter 1 . 5/1/2012
Wow! Powerful stuff. Kind of brought it all back and it made my chest hurt. Thanks for sharing!