Reviews for Little Town
Threeishere chapter 10 . 3/18
I loved this! I really loved how you wrote LeFou in this. It was nice to see a lot of focus on the triplets, as well, and how they coped with Gaston's death. I was pleasantly surprised with the Enchantress' story. Normally I don't like when she comes across as a bad guy, but I liked how you wrote more into her backstory. Great job! :)
lindseywoolsey chapter 10 . 8/16/2014
AAAHHH Best Beauty and the Beast afterstory ever! There arent many stories about where the enchantress at the beginning came from and this made her more real. The parts with her and her father reminded me of the Harry Potter world, I liked that a lot. The flashbacks of when Gaston was alive are hilarious but also sad. I thought he came off as insecure inside. Arrogant people usually are. This story also made LeFou a more 3-dimentional real character. Course I'm a fan of most of the Disney villain's cronies but now he's right up there with Iago in lovable-ness, Haha! It was cute that the woman in the market seemed to be interested in him, so sweet. And even the triplets were more 3 dimentional. Wonder if they ever did find their prince charmings. I have to read everything you wrote for Beauty and the Beast now.
DjinniFires chapter 1 . 3/13/2013
I found your lovely story by way of WA.

Starting with the minor characters of the sentient weapons and showing their reaction to the climactic scene from the Beauty and the Beast movie is a good choice to see the story from a different angle. Their experience realizing they've transformed back to human is well done.

The body they come upon is definitely described in detail. Villains falling from great heights due to their own stupidity (with the hero they're fighting trying to save them at the last moment) happens in more than one Disney film. Here you actually show us the body! Gruesome (nicely done). Showing the effect of Gaston's death on the town makes for an interesting new take on the Disney story.

The description of the transformed csatle is nice as well. Cogsworth "eager to take control of the situation" is nicely in character.

The disagreement between Belle and Adam (I had to look up to see where that name for him came from! It's sort of Disney additional canon) over whether to just avoid Molyneux or to make peace with it is a good dilemma. (Belle, of course, will win out in the end.) I question whether she was truly a "prisoner" of the prince since she showed up at the castle on her own; I always thought of her as more of an employee with a very harsh employer and really bad work hours; but I just know the story from a few viewings of the movie, and you clearly know the fandom very well.

And the little end scene in the town is nice. Of course after that torches-and-pitchforks battle, the next morning all those guys would be banged up and recuperating (but weren't there women in the crowd, too?).

Tiny nits:
Paragraph 1: unless "March 5, 1770" is significant, having a specific date calls too much attention to itself. I looked it up and see it's the Boston Massacre. Is that the reference you want? If not, it would be more fairytale-ish to perhaps state 1770 but otherwise say "early spring."
Paragraph 2: "toward" and "direction" are redundant; just "toward the castle."
Paragraph 8: "Upon hearing the sounds of what sounded like an uproar back home..." is overly complex. Just "Upon hearing the uproar from the csatle, they sped up as fast they could." (They're already going in the direction of the castle."
Paragraph 21: The first sentence is a little unnecessarily complex. Simplify, maybe, "They had barely left the forest when, running on unsteady feet, they spotted a form in a ravine pit at the foot of the mountain near a corner of the castle."
Whispurrs chapter 10 . 2/3/2013
Great characterization on this; and original ideas too; it's nice to see the mold broken a little.
xdisneyfannx chapter 10 . 11/18/2012
I adore this story so very much! You can tell how much time and effort you poured into it. All the background characters in the movie are fleshed out here and given names and its that attention to detail that kept me hooked! You have a way with words and I hope to see some real novels from you in print one day! :)

And since I just got back from Disney World last week I totally picked up on your reference! LeFous Brew at Gastons Tavern was some very tasty apple juice! Haha.
TrudiRose chapter 10 . 10/6/2012
Good ending that brings everything full circle!

I especially love your insights into Lefou - you write him so well!
JadedPhoenixBurning chapter 10 . 10/3/2012
Interesting to end the story as a prequel. You have some George Lucas in you I see. LOL!
The Green Archer chapter 10 . 9/28/2012
Well I'm glad that everyone got their happy ending in the end, especially LeFou with the girl, that was so cute! Even though they all still miss Gaston they're not going to let it control their lives. They're moving forward and that is wonderful. If I could put in any criticms, I'd really like to see a scene for the Beaudette girls fair at the ball, like if they'd all fall for Lumiere for instance, haha. Also, isn't purple a colour exclusive to royalty?

All in all a nice read. I guess I'll have to read A New Order now to get the big picture, not now though because university is keeping me busy.

Going to stop now because typing on this android phone is making my thumbs and wrists sore. Can't believe I left my iPad at home today
Tigger chapter 9 . 9/8/2012
that Enchantress is a wrathful lady all right. Her transforming the three magical men into rabbits, that was too funny! At least they will change back.
JadedPhoenixBurning chapter 9 . 9/6/2012
Great chapter. Humm...I say that if the rest of the palace knows that a sorcerous is nearby the jig will be up for Delphine. Perhaps they should be ferns or seedling trees. The alarm will sound for them since they'll be missed and looked for but it would keep the sorcerous and her plans safe from being found out just yet. ;)
Shelly Lane chapter 2 . 9/5/2012
Wow. This is really interesting. No one really thinks about how the people in the village feel. They only concentrate on how the prince and his servants feel when the spell is over. I like this.
TrudiRose chapter 9 . 9/5/2012
I really like how you've written Delphine's change in character, how she is now the "beast on the inside."

Very dramatic cliffhanger! What will happen to the children?

This line made me laugh: The girl's mistake "was deserving of at least a ten-point, short term Transformation Hex. And if the little boy was guilty of disobedience, it would be double the points." It sounds like a video game, LOL.
The Green Archer chapter 8 . 8/20/2012
I liked the discussion Belle was having with Mme Fortier about her wedding dress, it's so exciting to know she and Adam are finally going to tie the knot, (again) LOL! I also felt bad for LeFou turning the tavern into a shrine for Gaston, but maybe it's a good thing Belle didn't go in and comfort him, it may have made the situation a lot worse rather than better.

Interesting how Belle thinks that she's closing the book on her life on the village. I'd think that she's starting a new chapter with all those unfinished stories that are going on with her and LeFou and her and the triplets. But I guess it's time to move on. Not all endings necessarily resolve the way we want them to.
JadedPhoenixBurning chapter 8 . 8/19/2012
A fine chapter. It shows that the start of "Happily Ever After" is not a smooth one. Good work. :D
TrudiRose chapter 8 . 8/19/2012
I really like this chapter - it's very poignant. The varying reactions of the villagers are very realistic, and Belle's conflicted feelings feel very real and authentic. And I feel so bad for Lefou!

I especially like Belle's mixed feelings about him - sympathy and a bit of guilt because of Gaston's death, but then remembering how he mocked her father and was instrumental in the D'Arque plot. You struck exactly the right balance between Belle being basically a kind and good person, but at the same time HUMAN, not a saint who magically forgives every nasty thing anyone's done to her and her father. She has sympathy, but at the same time a little bit of lingering resentment, which is very believable. Really nice job!
47 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »