Reviews for I, Mand'alor: Truth
Kelana-ti chapter 3 . 10/29/2012
Fun. :D This looks like a promising story. Although I have noticed that you seem to be repetitive in your species of choice. Lepi, Mirialan, Miraluka, Togarian, half-Zeltron. They are awesome, yes... but repetitive.

Love the idea of a Dar'manda Republic agent. :D and a Jedi, undercover with the Mandalorians for 15 years? Ho boy. Love your characters, even if they are of familiar species. C: Can't wait to see where this story is going.
spikala chapter 3 . 6/23/2012
Oooh! 0.0 *hits the story alert button*

You did such a great job with the Mando culture in your earlier stories that I'm so excited to see where you go with this. And as you noted, this period is pretty much a blank slate so I hope you have fun with it!

I'll be eagerly awaiting the next update.
laloga chapter 3 . 5/13/2012
Another fascinating OC!

I'm intrigued by Val and his story; he's a wounded warrior, certainly, but he's not broken. Loved his tenacity, especially when the young, unnamed officer (who I'm also curious about :P) "challenged" him. Definitely caught notes of the OT in this chapter: Val's the "only hope," for the Republic, and the thing about the odds being stacked against him reminded me of Han. His "extended life" was touching, because it seems that right now he doesn't have much to live for, making something that most folks consider a "gift" feel more like a curse.

Loved the setting of a lazy oceanside town; we certainly have our fair share of those in this corner of the world, so my mind was instantly transported to some of the places I've been, locally. The ocean is such a fantastic backdrop for a scene like this, very sensate and visual. :)

Amazing writing, as usual. I'm totally sucked into your world and I can't wait to see all these characters intersect. :D
LongLiveTheClones chapter 3 . 5/12/2012
Val is an interesting character, but at first, I wondered why you called him a "cyborg" if he just had an artificial arm and was missing an eye. It wasn't until later when the narrative explained that he was also missing a number of internal organs, and also a leg, that the term cyborg seemed more fitting. It's rather a common thing for soldiers to be missing body parts, so it almost seemed to be odd to be calling someone a cyborg because of it.

Felt bad for Val that he was kicked out of the service because of his accident, and this seems like a good opportunity for him to get back to doing what he does best. So, if this is after the rise of the Empire, then what is the "Republic" that they are referring to? Is this the Rebellion? Or, am I getting the timeline wrong?
Matt Guthrie chapter 1 . 5/11/2012
Very interesting so far. Subscribing now.
Verda Buir chapter 2 . 5/4/2012
Stongly written. You have conveyed a great deal in a short chapter. Intrigue, passion, comraderie, dissidence. The patchwork clan striking off in a new direction. The Torgorian is fierce! Once again, wanting more of this story.
laloga chapter 2 . 5/4/2012
Loving your OCs!

Again, I'm completely hooked on your characters, and am already invested in Verda's story, (does her name mean "vengeance" in Mando'a? Just curious).

Love how the Togorian's temper is calmed a bit by her adopted daughter; Verda is quite compelling...she's very passionate, capable of great love and great hatred, it seems, and I look forward to seeing how her story plays out.

Loved the subtle mentions of elements in other parts of your canon: Anobis, Clan Par'jain, a half-Human, half-Zeltron gal...

Another awesome chapter! :D
LongLiveTheClones chapter 2 . 5/3/2012
Ah, intriguing. Some infighting then among the Mand'alors. Such a complicated race with a complicated history. Not sure I could ever write them and do them justice, as you have. This promises to be a most fascinating story. Love the culture of adoption, that you have written in so well, and the strong family ties with both love and loss. The story just draws you in...
Verda Buir chapter 1 . 4/30/2012
I like it especially since I know the characters behind the characters. Enough detail I had no trouble visualizing the scene. Want to know what happens, which is always a good thing. Keep going. :)
Jade-Max chapter 1 . 4/28/2012
The Lepi is kick ass. :D

Okay, I had to start with that *grin* reminds me of a race of creatures I set my guys up against in table top - except not as big, badass or as er.. fluent lol!

There's so much happening here. We have a glimpse of our heroes - whom I presume are the Lepi and his side kick of a captain.

We have a Mandalorian who's exhibiting distinctively non-Mando traits, behaviors and mannerisms.

We have a trio of terrified younglings who're being sought to be sold as slaves.

We have a duo of Mandalorians who're obviously slave traders.

I'm hooked to see how you're going to tie everything together and make all of this work . The characters are unique and vibrant and I totally dig the whole Giant Space Rabbit [miniature giant space hamster anyone? No?] concept ;) His abilities, are noted, are ones I will be interesting to follow. Personally, I want to see him use that kick to knock the block off one of the slavers ;) Ninja Rabbit kick awesome on a scale that's not been developed yet :D

Great start - congrats on your first original fiction in the SW universe; should be quite the ride with the set up at the start!
SerendipityAEY chapter 1 . 4/27/2012
Fantastic writing and the details were great, sucked me right into the story! I loved the characters, too. Great job!
laloga chapter 1 . 4/27/2012
What a start! :D

Right away, I'm thoroughly engrossed in Kar and Al'dur's stories, especially the hints at the Mirialan's past, and how it's influencing his current need for vengeance. Loved the moment when he revealed his slave collar to the young boy, and the implication behind the action. He still wears the collar...if I had to hazard a guess, it would be that the article serves as a tangible reminder of his past and his quest, whatever it is?

I really like how he's not really the *best* at anything; not particularly gifted in the Force, not a fantastic marksman or smuggler...just a guy trying to get by as best he can. Really looking forward to his story!

One thing that I'm really looking forward to - well, more than *one* thing - is your exploration of various SW cultures; it's one of the constants of your work, how you delve into the "world" and portray it with incredible reality. Given the title and the near-immediate appearance of Mandos, I imagine that Mandalorian culture will be featured prominently, but I hope to see more about Mirialans and Lepis as well, in addition to any others that you portray. :)

Since I have zero familiarity with this era in SW history, this is all new turf for me, and I'm looking forward to seeing where the story goes.

Love the first line - it's such a great way to open up a fic, not to mention the *kickass* song quote! :D

Off to a fantastic start!
LongLiveTheClones chapter 1 . 4/26/2012
Love it! Such a great start!

Such interesting characters, and the story sucks you in right from the start. Can't wait to read more! I'm intensely curious about the character of Boz, in particular, and where his loyalties lie. Is he with the slavers, or, one of the good guys... A most intriguing first chapter that just totally left me thirsting for more...