Reviews for That Halloween
excessivelyperky chapter 2 . 8/20/2014
And of course at no time did Albus wonder if the Potters might have lived if they had had the Cloak that he had borrowed...
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 8/20/2014
Very good build up; and Harry is very lucky that he slept so long, or he would have felt the hunger, the thirst, and the Nappy Problem From Heck. Excellent look at all the different parties (though Voldie wasn't Snake-face till after his resurrection, he was pretty human before then).
Captain Evermind chapter 2 . 6/13/2014
Heh. Great explanation of the missing hours! I've always had trouble reconciling that timeline in my head, but this fits perfectly. Nicely done. :-)
Guest in Europe chapter 2 . 3/30/2013
Your back stories are so wonderfully consistent. Thank you.

Any chance of finding out what Lupin did before he returned to Hogwarts in Book 3? I suppose his adventures don't have too much bearing on things but I've always found him an interesting character - sort of polar opposite to Snape as he sees what needs to be done but doesn't always do it, while poor old Severus is always in the eye of the storm.
iwright chapter 2 . 4/27/2012
Peter Pettigrew as one of those grudge-holding toxic Nice Guys makes a lot of sense.
Divvie chapter 2 . 4/27/2012
A lovely summary of what might have happened on that fateful night.

I always wondered what made Pettigrew betray his Gryffindor gang and align himself with Voldemort.

I know that some people argue Pettigrew acted out of fear and joined the biggest bully - Voldemort - for protection. That would be similar to your rationale for Snape where it appears more in character, as he didn't really have any other allies. Pettigrew always had Dumbledore and the Order as "backup" even if he lacked the famed Gryffindor bravery, so the fear factor alone never really convinced me.

You have made a reasonable case here that centers around revenge for personal slights and Pettigrew's desire to be respected. While not really "getting" that this would suffice for such a betrayal, I can't think of any better rationale myself. In a way, Pettigrew reminds me of Fredo Corleone scheming for the downfall of Michael in The Godfather (II); that was another case of betrayal I never got. Still, I guess there is some precedent for such a motive.

Well, last but not least - not being a fan of the Marauders, at all - I quite enjoyed your brief and not overly flattering characterisation of James Potter and Sirius Black. :)