Reviews for That Halloween
Hetc chapter 2 . 5/31/2020
Short, but touching and effective.
Thanks for writing.
EleanorVanRosaelle chapter 2 . 5/6/2020
Hi there ! Nice thought you had on this ! I greatly appreciate it ! Just curious about one thing, you said at a point that Sirius send a patronus to Dumbledore, what could he have said ? Considering it could be the only proof of Sirius innocence.

Hope you're still around to see that review :D
Melindaleo chapter 2 . 7/2/2018
I've been somewhat obsessed recently with those missing 24 hours, so I was pleased with this find. I must admit, I struggled with your characterization of the Marauders, but it's something I see quite frequently amongst Snape defenders so I simply grit my teeth. What I really enjoyed was the scene of Hagrid finding baby Harry. I found it really touching, and the idea that Harry was unconscious for several hours due to a concussion is entirely plausible.

As for the Fidelious Charm, doesn't it fail once the people it was intending to protect are killed? I thought I'd read that somewhere, but I could be mistaken. All in all, it was a neat examination of the timeline - even though I think it was a mistake on JKRs part, it's fun to speculate.
jaythekoala chapter 2 . 4/18/2018
I love it. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a more comprehensive and realistic account of the events during and after Halloween 1981, from so many different perspectives. Feels straight out of canon.
excessivelyperky chapter 2 . 8/20/2014
And of course at no time did Albus wonder if the Potters might have lived if they had had the Cloak that he had borrowed...
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 8/20/2014
Very good build up; and Harry is very lucky that he slept so long, or he would have felt the hunger, the thirst, and the Nappy Problem From Heck. Excellent look at all the different parties (though Voldie wasn't Snake-face till after his resurrection, he was pretty human before then).
Captain Evermind chapter 2 . 6/13/2014
Heh. Great explanation of the missing hours! I've always had trouble reconciling that timeline in my head, but this fits perfectly. Nicely done. :-)
Guest in Europe chapter 2 . 3/30/2013
Your back stories are so wonderfully consistent. Thank you.

Any chance of finding out what Lupin did before he returned to Hogwarts in Book 3? I suppose his adventures don't have too much bearing on things but I've always found him an interesting character - sort of polar opposite to Snape as he sees what needs to be done but doesn't always do it, while poor old Severus is always in the eye of the storm.
iwright chapter 2 . 4/27/2012
Peter Pettigrew as one of those grudge-holding toxic Nice Guys makes a lot of sense.
Divvie chapter 2 . 4/27/2012
A lovely summary of what might have happened on that fateful night.

I always wondered what made Pettigrew betray his Gryffindor gang and align himself with Voldemort.

I know that some people argue Pettigrew acted out of fear and joined the biggest bully - Voldemort - for protection. That would be similar to your rationale for Snape where it appears more in character, as he didn't really have any other allies. Pettigrew always had Dumbledore and the Order as "backup" even if he lacked the famed Gryffindor bravery, so the fear factor alone never really convinced me.

You have made a reasonable case here that centers around revenge for personal slights and Pettigrew's desire to be respected. While not really "getting" that this would suffice for such a betrayal, I can't think of any better rationale myself. In a way, Pettigrew reminds me of Fredo Corleone scheming for the downfall of Michael in The Godfather (II); that was another case of betrayal I never got. Still, I guess there is some precedent for such a motive.

Well, last but not least - not being a fan of the Marauders, at all - I quite enjoyed your brief and not overly flattering characterisation of James Potter and Sirius Black. :)