|Reviews for Vanguard: In at the Deep End|
| GreyAncient chapter 7 . 1/6
Just for reference, the fastest FTL speed mentioned in Mass Effect is 30 light-years a day (equal to around Warp 9.96 or 10,599 times the speed of light). An Intrepid-class starship, on the other hand, has a maximum cruising speed of Warp 9.975, or just over 36 light-years a day.
| ThedemonlordPingu chapter 48 . 12/5/2016
a great fic
will they modify the vanguard to be more powerful e.g. having more phasers, more armour, better shields/multiple shields, different weapons like disruptors?
please continue and update soon
| Axcel chapter 34 . 11/10/2016
actually, the metal slurry is canon.
| EzeikelShepard chapter 34 . 9/25/2016
Interesting change. The Reaper main 'beam' is a slurry of heavy metals fired at greater than 20% the speed of light. That would do more damage than a particle beam since the protheans based said particle accelerator on reaper base Mass Effect technology. But it works for your story.
| Guest chapter 7 . 8/20/2016
Mass Effect tech is extremely stable. If you played ME2 Mordin puts it correctly with the needing a problem to push onward that is why the other races fear humanity they see a problem with the status quo and set out to change it.
| Guest chapter 33 . 5/31/2016
So crewman Daniels, normal crewmen or Temporal Agent?
| Draed chapter 48 . 2/8/2016
Absolutely fantastic story! Great background, great characters (with many interesting flaws to make them come alive) and a well done merging of the two universes.
I hope you find the time and inspiration to continue this jewel.
| Radon088 chapter 11 . 11/19/2015
So mainly what's bugging me so far is that after getting the warp core back they should have been able to detect the Geth if they were still nearby. Since you specifically stated the Geth with the prisoners didn't go for the relay they'd be close enough for the V to a read.
ME is frankly shite, you've massively buffed it here for some reason. An ME ship can't really do interstellar on its own. It runs out of fuel extremely quickly at FTL.
So why is the V wasting time hobnobbing instead of running down their wayward crew? I think I know what you plan to do with them and frankly it does not amuse me.
The Reapers are already exceedingly OP. They don't need help to be worse.
You can have a more powerful character/s without having to buff the enemy as well. When you do it just feels like your story came down with DBZ power creep.
| Guest chapter 48 . 8/23/2015
I hope you can give starfleet help vanguard with Fleet like sovereign class, galaxy class, excelsior class, akira class, defiant class, and nebula class.
| caffeinedelusion chapter 40 . 6/22/2015
Actually, Federation (and Earth) law does explicitly allow prenatal genetic therapy to repair genetic disease. It's one of the few exemptions to Earth's ban on genetic engineering, but it is present. Postnatal gene therapy, and genetic augmentation are the critical lines; you can't have a designer baby, and you can't have a baby boosted above baseline.
| Blackholelord chapter 48 . 5/31/2015
Who knows how long it could take, but in a way the Vanguard's goal besides surviving, is an attempt to create their own version of the Federation. Enlisting from the best of the best, both in skills and moral to join their ranks, maybe even establish a colony maybe in a Dead Zone, an area of space that is beyond the normal means of ME engines. It would allow the colony to grow without threat of possible dangers from the rest of the galaxy.
| Just a Crazy-Man chapter 48 . 5/31/2015
| Greymangames chapter 47 . 4/23/2015
I was playing STO recently, and I discovered a D'mora during the delta flight featured episode.
| Anonymous chapter 5 . 3/16/2015
"since balancing ST and ME is a challenge without figures to apply"... You're not supposed to balance the two, you're supposed to let ST forces rolf stomp ME forces, LOL!
| Michael1110 chapter 47 . 3/10/2015
More! Even if not that much more : )
1. "Came a calm and composed voice she had heard since she was a child, and yet was hearing for the first time."
Funny how that works : )
2. "Sienae smiled, but Ku knew that it was not a truly warm smile as memories of her using that smile on Isha and other Romulan officials flooded into her mind, and some part of her felt almost sorry for the Council when they learnt they would be dealing with the Senator and not Erik."
I feel sorry for everyone : D
3. "However, a few had required several days of treatment but Judal had used the time to examine the Asari as their own accelerated healing help speed up the process with any physical injuries – similar but faster than MacLeod's own augmented healing – and as such all but the sedated Asari had been transferred to the flight-bay to join their brethren."
Interesting : )
4. "what was still unclear was how the Council would react once they learnt that he had the capacity to grow as an individual due to Erik activating the LMH sub-routines in his program."
Oh dear... : P
5. "the child had been screaming out telepathically and she had reached out instinctively to try and help the frightened youngling."
6. "The single word carried such longing and yearning for motherly company, that Judal fleetingly wondered if she could, in some way, adopt the young child."
hmm : )
7. ""Please do not do that again." She said, barely avoiding gritting her teeth as she did so."
8. "but losing the part of him or her from Lucas was not something she was prepared to do."
9. The Asari (Vasir?) and Shadowbroker entering the picture : ) Yes this should be interesting...