Reviews for On the Edge of the Cosmos
guillermina chapter 6 . 2/9/2013
First it all. I dont speak english so please dont be so hard on my writing. I just loved! But I cant wonder if you will continue updating. Because sine early december from last year you havent.
About the story. You will explain everything right? And I was hopping something more tragic about that thing that rhe senshis didnt know.
Thet shintenuo doesnt know about their self being evil while the present time?
This trama has something to do with a twisted interpretation of the last desire from usagi to sailor cosmos and what did she told her?
Finally but not last. Please update. You said before that you part of the story wrote in paper please at least with pictures but dont abandon.
smkelley93 chapter 6 . 12/12/2012
Ahhh! I'm loving this story! Update soon and keep up the awesome work :D
Jaguarsolaris chapter 6 . 12/11/2012
oh my, that's going to go over not so well! looking foward to the next chapter.
Vchanny chapter 6 . 12/5/2012
Finally, revealed! I've been wondering what she's been hiding. So sad for Usagi to hold that secret in. :( I really love what you have here. Can't wait for another chapter!
Vchanny chapter 3 . 12/5/2012
I wish I had found this sooner! Really enjoying this. I love all the details you are exploring. Can't wait to get caught up!
LoveInTheBattleField chapter 6 . 12/4/2012
Wyra chapter 6 . 12/3/2012
I think in response to your 5th point, I completely understand where you're coming from. I have often wondered what effect the Ginzuishou (Silver) would have had on the Kinzuishou (Gold). I came up with 2 theories. First, that it would not be as effective on it or second that it is even more effective. The manga clearly states that there is a bond between the crystals. This leads to the conclusion that they can either affect each other more or less than usual. While it's heartbreaking to see that you went with the second option, it's also something I can understand.

Anyway, great chapter once again. I'm starting to think that we share similar ideas about the series and what happens after it. I have imagined some of these scenarios myself. I just don't have enough confidence to pen my ideas down like you do. So I'm extremely grateful to you for doing this.

Once again, I will tell you how much I love your damaged Usagi. That's one thing I keep looking for in fanfics on this site but never, ever seem to find. Usagi never really had a chance to grow up and that's part of what's causing so much of her damage. The people closest to her can't see it because they're so used to seeing her take things in stride which is why the introduction of the shittenou at this time is absolutely spot on. They might know Serenity but they don't know Usagi and they'll be able to spot her damage much easier than someone who used to seeing her brush things off. I can just go on and on and on about how much I love your characterization because you are absolutely brilliant at it.

Lastly, I just want to thank you for posting this chapter today. It was perfect timing really. I just finished writing my final essay for the semester and was looking to take my mind off Japanese History and I found this gem just waiting for me. 3 Thank you so much!
leafstone chapter 5 . 11/10/2012
great story can't wait for more.
Bin82501 chapter 5 . 10/14/2012
this story is brilliant. tbh, I love both the manga and the anime for different reasons. I like the manga for its seriousness. The senshi take their duties as guardians of Serenity and the earth very seriously. When they're in senshi-mode, they're about the business. When they're not in senshi, they're still pretty much about the business. Of course the manga itself is a lot darker and it's just a richer story. However, I love the anime for its many lighthearted and funny moments. I particularly love the senshi themselves. Although not nearly as serious as their counterparts, they're a lot more human to me. After all they're teenage human girls so I really like how the anime emphasizes that throughout the series. It's also why I think your story is fascinating because you seem to be really interested esp in regards to Usagi - in how the the senshi negotiate their double conscious i.e. the senshi/planetary princess and earth-born human woman. Keep up the good work. This story has the makings of an epic and I love my epics!
Wyra chapter 5 . 10/13/2012
Oh my god... You've finally updated. I almost forgot how much I love this story. This is like my head canon being written down and made real and I have lots of head canon built up.

Great chapter yet again. Then again when have you left me feeling disappointed. I've got all sorts of emotions right now about what's going on.

The first thing the strikes me in this chapter is how damaged Usa is. For all her faults though, she's an excellent actress when it comes to masking how damaged she is though she is aided by the crystal. I think by this point the more observant of the shitenou are starting to realize that something is terribly wrong with Usa but are themselves too lost to even think about confronting her. They're not on stable grounds themselves so how could they even think of trying to help Usa at this point?

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE how you described how Ami's coping with everything. It was HIGHLY appropriate that you used Ami because her natural defensive mechanism is to analyze everything, to break everything down into it's tiniest components. She's trying so hard to believe that her initial decision to leave wasn't wrong because Ami's supposed to be the smart one. She's not supposed to make mistakes on big decisions like this. Her intellect has always been her rock and it unnerves her that maybe it had led her astray and into the situation they all now find themselves. But then emotions are complicated and inaccurate and she's trying to shy away from it too.

You succeeded in showing just how much Usa's damage is affecting the senshi. It's so bad that they all find themselves not being able to be honest with her during the few and far between times that they manage to find themselves in contact with her. Her damage has left them all damaged but they haven't even begun to acknowledge their own damage so they can't recognize Usa's damage at all.

I think that everything will change once the senshi get back to Tokyo and see the shitenou there with Usa. It will affront them, at the very least, that Usa's found a new support group. They were supposed to be her best friends and Usa should've called them back the moment the shitenou re-emerged. No... I believe they won't be happy. Then there will be guilt that follows. She's supposed to be their princess. Though they know that she can hold her own and can protect herself well enough, they're still supposed to be her guardians. What kind of guardians are they if past enemies could show up out of seemingly nowhere and take their places beside Usa? All sorts of feelings and sourness is what I believe will emerge because their relationship with Usa has become extremely dysfunctional.

And then finally there's Mamoru. There's going to be all sorts of drama when it comes to him is what I believe because most of Usa's damage stems from him. It's not just what happened with Galaxia (Though that certainly is the main contributing factor) but from what happened with Beryl, Black Moon/ Black Lady and how he couldn't tell her that he was sick during the dead moon circus arc. But I think what often goes unmentioned is the traumatic experience of her watching Endymion die in the Silver Millenium and how that drove her to commit suicide. All of those things compounded are what's leading her to do what she's doing in your story.

I gotta agree with you on the thing about their families. That's a huge headache. I can't imagine them going "Oh my children have been saving the world since they're 14 and now they're going to rule it. Ok whatever, now it's time to move on with life." That's just ridiculous. What's even more ridiculous would be killing them off. One story I read, had Naru/ Umino and many other side characters slowly recalling their past as members of the ancient Lunar/ Earthen courts. I liked this idea because it means that the people around Usa were put there for a reason. They would form the most integral parts of her court and wouldn't have any objections to her becoming their queen some day as they would understand that it's her birth right.

I'm sorry this review is so long. I tend to build up a ton of head canon and rarely have the opportunity to let it out and run wild. v.v;;

TLDR; I love this story and have lots of crazy emotions and thoughts regarding it. I'm sorry if I bored you with my rant XO Don't take so long to update again!
Jovian Sun chapter 5 . 10/13/2012
Hey, you updated! Yeah!
so i've got a few questions: 1. Who did usagi chat with and what about back in the silver millenium setting? 2. Who sold the apartment- usagi or mamoru? (He owned it so did he keep the title or give it her to do as she wished?) 3. Not really any mention of mamoru. What happened? 4. What did usagi actually major in at college? 5. I feel like there's a second reason she's keeping her friends at bay. Any hints?
I really hope you update again soon! (And don't kill off their families for Crystal Tokyo's sake please!)
LoveInTheBattleField chapter 5 . 10/13/2012
Serandi82 chapter 5 . 10/13/2012
I hate it when characters do that! Dangit, they're not the author! LOL

Great chapter! I do have to admit that I'm intrigued by this rendition of Cosmos. Very creative. Oddly enough, it would make sense since Chibi-Chibi came back because she'd forgotten...what a way to go, huh? By your own choice.

Anyway, just my musings...Can't wait for the update!

Wyra chapter 4 . 6/16/2012
Oh my god. I'm so sorry for the late review. Been UBER busy the last week. My mom's new restaurant just opened and I'm working for her. Our hours have been crazy. I haven't had much leisure time lately at all!

I LOVED this chapter as usual. The Mal (I personally prefer the name Kunzite :P)/ Usa scene was so much fun to read. I love how reverent he is towards her but not overly so. He respects her as a person and not just because she's the princess and his prince's girlfriend. Their interaction made me laugh because they're adorable together. (Though not in a coupl-y kind of way. Usa belongs with Mamoru forever :P)

I also loved how much darkness there is in Mal. He's always been the macho type and it probably kills him that he fell to the darkness. His pride can't take it! Which is why he was the hardest for Usa to bring back. I feel like we learned so much about Mal in this chapter.

Another thing I'm totally crazy about is Motoki and how he's playing a bigger role in your story than he did in the manga. Motoki gives us an insight into the characters' lives that is separate from their lives as Sailor Senshi and defenders of the earth. While I loved how action packed the manga was, at times I would find myself forgetting that they lived lives besides defending the earth. There was never enough about their own personal development. Sure, most of them have their own dreams but in the end everything boils down back to Usa and protecting her. The dream arc (Nehelenia) dealt with that slightly but I've always felt like Naoko sensei missed a huge opportunity by not discussing how knowing their futures has affected each character. How could they go on like knowing your destiny is an everyday occurrence! (Yes I know I'm rambling and going off on tangents. Oh god T-T)

Ooh I loved the death busters arc. Sailormoon committing suicide to save the world? Heck yes. I was in tears the first time I read that part. If there was ever a doubt in my mind that Usa could become NQS in the future, it was wiped out in that moment. She didn't hesitate, didn't think twice and just jumped. The only thing more I could've wished for in that arc would be an emotional Mamo-chan crying and yelling and shaking and feeling too many things at once towards Usagi who had just been revived. I wanted him to scream at her for being so selfish and then to grab her and hug her for being so unselfish at the same time. An emotional Mamo-chan, that's all I want. T-T

Stars arc... I couldn't bring myself to read it a second time for the longest time ever. Not because it was horrible or anything (Truthfully it's the opposite, it's awesome) but because the anime scarred me. Seiya/ Usagi? Please no. Don't ever hint at it to me either. I'm a diehard Usa/ Mamo fangirl. I just recently reread it though and oh my god, I loved it. So much character development on Usa's part in that arc. Usa's struggle with being alone for the first time ever (Though not really truly alone for most of it if you think about it) and then the whole cosmos thing. Amazing.

I can tell how much the Usagi in your story has been influenced by the events of the Final Battle. Losing everyone in the final arc broke something in Usagi (as it would in a normal person). For the first time ever, she learned what it was to be truly alone and I think it's a feeling she'd have to learn to deal with after the battle. Her pushing everyone away (subconsciously) in your story is a manifestation of this fear in her. If everyone is far away from her then they won't get dragged into having to face her destiny together with her. They can not only live out their dreams but she won't ever have to fear them dying or being brainwashed against her ever again. It's almost an emotional protection mechanism and the crystal is fulfilling this wish as it is a way to protect it's master. Just wait till they all figure it out though and that all the Shittenou are back. Dear lord, I'm about to explode from excitement!

I shall stop this review here before I totally ramble you to death as I am prone to do. I really need to read a new chapter and will try to review sooner the next time!
LoveInTheBattleField chapter 4 . 6/11/2012