Reviews for Middle Ground
Jumper chapter 1 . 10/20/2012
I seriously love this universe where lauren/austen/payson are besties. I wish there were more!
munchkinjenny05 chapter 1 . 8/14/2012
I have only just finished watching this show, so its fresh in my mind enough to say that your characterisation is spot on.
Lauren has always been my favourite character since the beginning but her friendship with Payson in S3 had me doing fangirl squeals. I love that this fic explores that :)
I'll admit effortlessly that for me, the best thing about this fic is the banter between Austin and Lo, I can totally imagine that. You have everything right from Kaylie's jealousy to Lo's denial and fear about her illness. I wish you'd wrote the show so that these friendships could play out, you made Austin so much more likable.
Forever's sun chapter 1 . 5/16/2012
i would love you forever if you wrote another one like this? Please? Please? Please?
Lizagirl chapter 1 . 5/2/2012
This is fantastic. I love the Austin/payson/Lauren friendship... And Austin with a backbone! I've missed that. I hope you keep writing even though MIOBI's ending!
flowerchild3286 chapter 1 . 4/28/2012
*snort* Austin really is Kaylie's personal chair. I hate it when girls sit on their boyfriend's lap all the time. (There is a dirty joke in my mind about sitting on wood, but I won't go there)

You've done it again. You created something bizzare and awesome and so much better than what's going on in the show. I'm glad you gave Austin his balls back. I've missed them (that came out dirtier than I meant. Apparently my head is in the wrong place right now.)

On an unrelated note, I'm so frustrated that they put Jake's sweatshirt in the last episode but not Jake himself. Grr.
Forever Written in the Stars chapter 1 . 4/28/2012
I've been imagining Lauren/Austin hospital scenes for the last couple of weeks now so I'm really glad you wrote this, and I think the Lauren/Payson/Austin friendship is one of the coolest things ever. I can totally see the tree of them hanging out around the TC together. It's perfect.

Anyways, I totally loved how you poked fun in the shows inconsistency. I was totally mad when Kaylie was like "Oh, I've never told anyone I loved them before," because I feel like she said that to Carter multiple times. When you read fanfiction, you expect some inconsistencies, but sometimes, when you watch the show and you see those glaring inconsistencies (that was a fairly significant one), it's bothersome.

I thought all the little Nicky/Kelly references were cute, and I especially liked Lauren's reaction to their crossword puzzle time.

I really liked this story, especially the last scene with Lauren and Austin in the hospital. His last line was perfect, and since I read this pretty much right after watching the most recent episode, it was super emotional to read.

On the show in general: some parts have been good, others not so much.

I really don't like Jordan. Especially with all the Emily references they made in the most recent episode, I can't help but feel Jordan's character was added to fill in the vacant "underdog" role. I like her better than I like Emily, but I really don't like how she's conducted herself lately and how she seems to be above the rules. First, I hated how she used Payson as collateral damage in her feud with Kaylie. Whatever her problem is with Kaylie and no matter how much Kaylie hurt her, Payson did not deserve that. Also, I don't know what happened (none of us do), but Jordan seems to be the one in the wrong most of the time. She's the one who runs saying mean things behind Kaylie's back and trying to set others against her. Finally, the fact that she is allowed to walk out on the NGO and make the team anyways is unfair. I mean she's already had a lot of exception made for her, and I kind of feel like if any other girl had done that they would be gone. Coach Mac, for all he goes on about rules and making sure the girls follow them, doesn't seem to push Jordan on it that much. I mean Payson sneaks out of curfew and both she and Lauren get punished. Jordan walks out on the tryouts in front of the NGO and deliberately disrespects them and she gets rewarded.

I've really liked the Lauren/Payson friendship, and I was really sad about the direction it turned at the end of the last episode (which is why I liked your spin on it - it left some hope for reconciliation). I feel like Kaylie's importance lately has been really diminished. It seems like they have some bigger storylines for her and Jordan heading into the next two episodes. I don't really believe her relationship with Austin, and I don't like how the bad boy is suddenly 100% reformed.

So, I guess I'm done with this massive review (sorry, I needed somewhere to vent). Anyways, great story. I really hope you continue to write Austin/Lauren (because for some weird reason even though it would never, ever happen on the show, they're my favorite pairing).
Lia chapter 1 . 4/27/2012
I love you so much for writing this. You always write things no one else would even think to. I really love all the Lauren/Payson stories on the show. I hope they work things out by the end! Great story as always, B!
beyoncefan chapter 1 . 4/27/2012
I really liked this! I love, love, love the Payson/Lauren friendship. One of the best decisions the show has made in a while. I love how Payson has taken the time to understand Lauren in a way that nobody else has. Because the supposed Kaylie/Lauren' best friendship' was very toxic.

I still love Austin. I don't think I could ever not like him, but I do agree that the show is making him like Kaylie lap dog. I think it would help if they gave Austin more scenes of him actually by himself and not with Kaylie. It'll make him seem more.. independent.

Loved this story. Good job!