Reviews for set fire to the rain
twilightfucker chapter 6 . 4/17/2013
always reading this story with tears in my eyes...
Nep2uune chapter 6 . 4/12/2013
I wonder if Helga was murdered to try to hide something. It seems like you were going to make Pheobe say what caused Helga's accident. I was thinking it might of been Bob'd doing. I know he probley hate that she out lived Miriam and Olga. And that now Arnold is living in her house. I can't waite till you get to what they all are hiding. I bet Rhonda is alcoholic. Arnold need to seek help. Before he goes crazy and thinks she is not dead. Just my opinion. Please update when you can.
Myloveneverdies chapter 5 . 7/26/2012
I love this story! You keep making me cry though. Please please please update soon!
MorTay3 chapter 4 . 7/25/2012
Hmm well my guess is that either...
Helga and Gerald had an affair of some sort and the reason she was driving the way she was, was due to Gerald distracting her.

Or...

She purposely did this to herself.

Or...

Gerald knows something more than what everyone else knows. (That's obvious)

But...

Either way I'm entirely confused. This story has me completely capitvated and grieving all together.

Arnold's parents are selfish, to me. You would think they had enough of the jungle. But still he can't blame them for not expressing whatever feelings he has for Helga.

This story will take time to process and to piece together. I guess I'll just have to wait.
One Fine Wire chapter 5 . 7/24/2012
I really don't know what to tell you - because one minute I'll think that I have at least part of the story figured out, and the next, I'll find out that I'm wrong. One thing though - your writing literally keeps me on the edge of my seat.

Update soon.
twilightfucker chapter 5 . 7/22/2012
I don't know why I torture myself with this story, it only makes me blubber like a baby. I think it might be the fact that you are a master at describing emotions that are almost impossible to get right.
"He had never shared a love confession and had never allowed her to have another one, and all of the small moments in school together still mean nothing after his own weakness. He's the husband that isn't, the boyfriend that never got close, and had never allowed even a friendship to grow, not really."
that part slayed me man. Just knocked me right off my seat. It was just so well put together. Most of what catches me is the structure of this thing. How you build a sentence it's pure genius. Really. God would you write something a little bit more, ya know, happy or at least with some cliched romantics so I can stop being undone by your beutiful writing. you are killing me uugggh.
Nep2uune chapter 5 . 7/22/2012
WOW! Another great chapter! This is sure a mystery/suspence. Where was Helga going? What did Helga tell her co-worker about Arnold? Gerald is so upset about Helga's death is really touching. I like when they are grown and still are friends. Did Gerald and Helga have a more than friendly relationship? The neighbors don't know Arnold has been campig out their with the dog or are they trying to scare him away for some reason. Please update when you can.
thebarstool chapter 1 . 7/15/2012
Damn, this story rules. Never thought I'd find something as well written as this in this fandom. You really are faithful to the undercurrent of darkness that was always in the show at select moments but also do a frighteningly good job of amping it up times 11 without it seeming too melodramatic/corny. It's a heavy read but I really hope you continue it. Your take on Helga and Arnold, Phoebe and Gerald is superb.
alettaj chapter 4 . 5/9/2012
I am beyond intrigued. It's starting to flow more smoothly now and the build up is even more exciting to read. I check for updates almost everyday, just in case! Hopefully the summer will provide you with more writing time and less stress. Thank you again for another amazingly dizzying chapter.
Nep2uune chapter 4 . 5/9/2012
When they were in high school did Helga just stop trying to get with Arnold or did he reject her again that she could not take the hurt again. Wonder if Gerald is mad at Arnold because he knew how Arnold and Helga felt for each other and that Arnold could of saved her. Arnold knows that he can't bring her back. She would of wanted him to live the life she wished they could of shared. I think there is more to the accident and Gerald don't want to share. Arnold needs to go read the journals. That way he can get all the answers to his questions without upsetting gelad & Phoebe. Please update soon.
One Fine Wire chapter 4 . 5/9/2012
This is really interesting.

I like the tension that's appeared in Arnold and Gerald's friendship, especially with how Gerald still resents Arnold for leaving and his lack of involvement regarding Helga (again - I can understand why he's mad that Arnold did nothing about Helga, but I don't get why he's mad that Arnold left to find his parents). However, I do commend you for taking that road because most writers do not and often tend to write their friendship as being perfect and without flaws.

It was also interesting getting a look into Olga's life and the revelation that she committed suicide was sad, but admittedly not surprising. I think that the pressure to be perfect and successful ultimately got to her and she finally snapped.

The insights from Helga's last moments of life and that bit about Rhonda and Lila was a nice add-in. I think it'd be interesting to see how the rest of the P.S. 118 crew handled Helga's death and came to terms with it.

Update soon!
devious.editor chapter 3 . 5/3/2012
I'm half convinced/hoping that, for some elaborate reason, Helga faked her death and Gerald is covering for her. I only say this because I'm tired of crying and I want a little light at the end of this tunnel. On a side note, where is the hurt/comfort tag? Is there and angst tag? This is all very painful.

Concerning Arnold, I'm completely in the dark. Did he reject her by running from her? Was she adamant about her love for him, and did it scare him?

OR did she break down and commit suicide. Holy crap, I hope not.

I normally rate by chapter, but I was too lazy to rate the previous chapter, so I've decided to save the rating for the END.

Keep it up!
One Fine Wire chapter 3 . 5/3/2012
It's interesting to see the repercussions of one's stubbornness - and of refusing to take chances. It's easy to see how both Arnold and Helga (but especially Arnold) paid the price for that in their own ways.

I can't wait to see how everything else comes together. Please update soon.
Stephanie Ha chapter 3 . 5/2/2012
Hmm, this is a good story but it's difficult to put the pieces together so far. I take it that Arnold never confessed or accepted his feelings for Helga. I'm interested to know how Helga has crashed. It's sad that she's dead along with Miriam and Olga though. It seems like Bob doesn't care at all which is a shame. My guess is Helga might have either crashed into a drunk driver or she drove drunk. Eventually, in time, everything will fall into place.
Nep2une chapter 3 . 5/2/2012
I feel so sorry for them. They are all hurting for the lost of their friend. Arnold seemed to have loved Helga but couldn't be in a relationship with her. Was Helga's car accident her fault? Wow! The way Arnold broke down at the funeral you would of thought they were married. Please update soon.