Reviews for Bottle Fame and Brew Glory
Divvie chapter 20 . 5/3/2012
A decent enough ending, I can see Snape going the healing route. Seems a bit limiting, though, to just have him fade into muggledom.

However, I simply cannot see Neville to come out a "competent" potioneer *gag*. Never ever ...

Also I cannot see Snape catching up with Harry's new life. Apart from the fact that I always considered it quite sick that Harry would call his kids James and Lily. Seriously, do you really imagine that Snape wants to be involved in the future of THAT?

Thanks for the story, anyway, though ;)
aurorianskies chapter 20 . 5/2/2012
I really loved your story! I found your profile recently and since then I have read all of them. Your style of writing is really great . I love how complex they are and the way you look at the different sides of things. Keep writing!
BlueWater5 chapter 18 . 5/2/2012
Great update! Just a few questions.

The original plan is never explained, but it's implied Harry destroys the opportunity to execute it. What was the original plan? It seems like nothing happened after Snape gained entrance.

I really like how you bring Snape's back into it - a good continuation of the story line from the first book. The scaring must be horrific for it to stun Voldemort. Who else saw it?

At some point, will Snape explain to Harry, Luna, and Neville that Dumbledore did not cause his scars? Otherwise they may believe it. Does he fully explain, or does he just tell them the partial truth?
Divvie chapter 18 . 5/2/2012
Bloody Potter simply cannot do as told, can he? Does he at least get that he fucked up and is not the hero in this peace? If Snape is going to thank him for saving his life I will be seriously pissed off because Harry screwed up here.

Still, I don't get how Voldy could accept Snape back into his group; after all Snape's reasoning about having been forced from the Death Eaters still doesn't account for his initial pretense to be a muggle boy, or did I miss something?
LGilbert1982 chapter 17 . 5/1/2012
Really loving this story. Can't wait for the next chapter! :D
BlueWater5 chapter 1 . 5/1/2012
Great story!
madeyemarauder chapter 4 . 5/1/2012
Clever, to work in Diana's death, then use it as a sort of shibboleth to distinguish muggle-raised students from the purebloods.
bookivore chapter 11 . 5/1/2012
I agree with you on Sirius being blatantly anti-Snape (and illogical) with the whole idea that Snape recruited Regulus. Picture Snape being tapped to be a recruiter, especially as a sneaky, poverty-stricken, outcast student - laughable. Lucius Malfoy is a very plausible recruiter - all those implications that if you join the Dark Lord you'll become rich, beautiful, influential (or at least hang around with that type). Also, it seems to me that Tom would hate to recruit someone too much like himself and he'd prefer poor/graceless or rich/charming/not too terribly smart, and preferences show.
iwright chapter 16 . 5/1/2012
"Snape concentrated on trying to cut a piece of meat, the fork difficult to hold in his weak left hand."

North American habit. All of the Brits I've met get incredibly snotty about it when they see you do it.

I much prefer this version over the last book. No MacGuffins pulled out of thin air, no sudden Five-Minute Hates directed at Potter and the Order from the Ministry... It's good.
unlikely2 chapter 15 . 5/1/2012
I am enjoying this so much more than the carpet book. Not only is the internal consistancy better but theres less camping. :)
Divvie chapter 10 . 4/29/2012
" I fear you will die young and unmourned, my dear boy." (Trelawny)

I hope not, at least not in this AU story :o

Now you got me worried ...
Divvie chapter 8 . 4/29/2012
Nice to see that Snape is getting more support although I am still deeply suspicious of Moody. It's also good that he actually can sort of enjoy himself and relax in his "second life". I still think it's sad, though, that he's not fully appreciated for himself (yet). But I hope this will still happen in your story.

I would think that Luna might make a good friend for him, as she's always been the more perceptive one and can probably see deeper than the typical Gryffindor, so I think she would make good backup for him. And I like that Snape's relationship with Neville is mending.

And he figured out the last horcrux! I suppose so did Dumbles?
iwright chapter 2 . 4/28/2012
A) So far I'm enjoying this more than the Official Version.

B) I'd love to see Harry's POV for this.
iwright chapter 1 . 4/28/2012
Three chapters in and not a 'hallow' in sight. I never did like those particular macguffins. I guess the Deathstick was supposed to be part of the recurring theme of Voldemort having 'wand problems'.
Divvie chapter 3 . 4/28/2012
Nice to see that Snape is actually getting some backup here, hopefully the twins and Luna will be getting really on his side.

As this story is AU anyway, you know I am hoping for a happy-end for Russ! ;)

And Dumbles is hanging out with Hagrid and trying to get the giants on their side?
61 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 Next »