Reviews for All Around The World There's A Sinking Feeling
RosalindAnnaBorelli chapter 1 . 10/6/2014
Beautiful. I'm French and in my language there aren't a lot of fanfics with this pairing -And it's the same in English- so I was really glad when I found yours. I understand English quite well (but sorry for my writting, I do my best). I never heard the proverb "Look before you leap" before, and I like it pretty much, thanks to this discovery ! :)
I love your fanfic,
R.A.B (Well, it isn't my real name...)
Exceeds Expectations chapter 1 . 7/31/2012
Oh. My. God.

I love this, I love this, I love this.

I can't even- I've never read a Regulus/Lily but this is amazingly amazing. I love how each short segment has so few words but means so much and I love the repetition of "falling" and all the different ways and how Regulus was /happy/. Ugh. 3 It hurts.

For a second, I thought you were going AU there at the end, and then [Lily is a princess, but not every fairy tale has a happy ending] and [She ends up with James Potter, just like Regulus always knew she would] and it just BREAKS MY HEART. I love fics where Regulus gets some sort of love or even happiness but it only hurts that much more when he dies.

I also love the line [He could die, of course- defy Voldemort, become a martyr like a Gryffindor would (like Lily would) but he is a Slytherin, and he knows there are better ways of fighting back than death, and better ways of defiance than a heroic speech at the very end.] It's just so true. That is the difference between Gryffindors and Slytherins; grand gestures and heroics vs subtle manipulation and cunning deception. It just epitomises everything that Regulus is or does.

I'm sorry that this review is so gushy and long but, come on, this is perfect.
TrueFlamer13 chapter 1 . 7/3/2012
Aww...it was so sweet. The end almost made me cry. It's wonderfully written and the pairing is just as great.
TechNomaNcer28 chapter 1 . 6/26/2012
Oh god!That was just so beautiful and completely heart-breaking!I loved how the moments of happiness were there for both of them but in the end reality just sort of got to them!

And Regulus's thinking throughout,amazing details!
Thanatos Angelos Girl chapter 1 . 6/18/2012
Hi! Thank you for entering my competition and I am very grateful. I enjoyed your entry and I enjoyed the dynamics between Lily and Regulus. I also liked how despite the fact that Lily said she loved him always that she didn't end up with him and that she wasn't that surprised. Though I must admit the originality besides their relationship a tiny bit was lacking. I understand working within a tight box trying to fit things into cannon but it was still a little lacking but congrats on the no spelling and grammar mistakes! :) Anyway, here is your score:

Spelling and Grammar: 10/10

Regulus Factor: 10/10

Creativity: 4/10

Total: 24/30

Happy Writings!
puddingcup chapter 1 . 5/6/2012
Awww what a cute idea! :3 Despite knowing it had to happen, the end was still sad xD
HeadlessHuntsman chapter 1 . 5/2/2012
I reviewed this because I had already reviewed the two you asked for. This was well written and I had never considered the possibility of a Lily/Regulus romance. I do like the way you have written the characters and developed the story. And the fact that she wants him to promise to never leave and we know that doesn't happen and he ends up dying is such a powerful concept.

Good Job
MissingMommy chapter 1 . 5/1/2012
Lily/Regulus is definitely an interesting couple that I haven't actually thought about. But it kind of works. Having her compare Regulus to Sirius is utterly fantastic.

I'm slightly upset at Lily for making him promise that then break up with him later that year. Though, I am curious, what year were they in? It isn't right to Regulus for her to do something like.

But overall, it was lovely :D
Someone aka Me chapter 1 . 4/28/2012
This is absolutely fantastic. Utterly gorgeous. I love it.

You characterize Regulus very, very well, and you did an excellent job of giving him this entire background that's on that fantastically fun line of this-could-potentially-be-cannon, and I really love that.

"Sirius is stuck between his brother and his /brother/" ~ That line is so amazing and lovely and wonderful.

This part ~ "He could die, of course- defy Voldemort, become a martyr like a Gryffindor would (like Lily would) but he is a Slytherin, and he knows there are better ways of fighting back than death, and better ways of defiance than a heroic speech at the very end." ~ That suits the Regulus in my head absolutely perfectly. He's never needed to go out with a bang; he doesn't need everyone else to know he's a hero. It's enough that /he/ knows that what he's doing is right. That's exactly what I've always loved about Regulus, and you've captured it beautifully.

Good luck in the competition!

(*_*)
Harmy52 chapter 1 . 4/28/2012
Wow. I like it. I really, really like it. You provide a reasonable reason why Regulus would fight the Dark Lord, you satisfy our curiosity concerning his last thoughts.

And you show the divided feelings of Sirius. Does he choose between his brother or his brother? I like that.

Continue on,

Harmy52
MissSadieKane chapter 1 . 4/28/2012
Aw, the ending is really sad. I thought for a moment they were going to stay together and this would be AU but it wasn't. I liked the part just after Sirius ran away best. Good luck for the competition.