Reviews for Putting Things Together
tiffany.hallwallace chapter 26 . 12/29/2014
Love it
Guest chapter 26 . 8/19/2013
update?
Guest chapter 26 . 2/14/2013
A lovely story. You made me rethink how I seen a few of the characters namely Reese and Erica, they were much more likable in your world. Thanks Ela Roy.
SelaNaib chapter 26 . 1/31/2013
This was great, particularly in addressing AMC's overisghts. Marissa's POV was a welcome addition and Bianca's continuing struggle with food when under a lot of stress helped to round out the story. Plus they still get a happy ending. :)
Weekend Reader chapter 26 . 1/21/2013
I must admit I am sad to you this story come to an end but you did it very well. It is nice for them to have happy ending. Also the way you handled several topics in this story was great, especially the doppleganger and how Bianca handled it as well as how Marissa feels about David and Krystal. Thanks Ela, can't wait to see what you do next!
luci465 chapter 26 . 1/19/2013
I’m glad JR was reasonable, and that the three of them were able to work together in AJ’s best interest. I have to admit that I like your version of JR better than the one they had on the show. For some reason, there was a certain image that came to mind when you were describing Bianca being smug. It was when Kendall was going on about how Bianca should be happy she wasn’t in a relationship, and Bianca just had this look on her face that fits what you wrote. It’s just what came to my mind.

Speaking of Kendall, I loved the scene between them here. I can completely imagine Bianca spacing out with thoughts of Marissa because she’s so happy and Kendall teasing her. That’s what sisters do. I’ve got two of them so I know what I’m talking about there.

I like how David is trying with AJ and Marissa. He did push things with the offer of her moving in with him. It never would be an option for Marissa though, and I like how she able to gently decline his offer. I really liked the conversation between Bianca and Erica. It’s something I can imagine happening between them. There are certain conversations you don’t want to have with a parent no matter what age (I’m definitely speaking from personal experience. A specific conversation with my mom is forever seared into my brain) and I felt for Bianca. It was inspired how you had her turn the tables on Erica somewhat and using her mom’s own words against her.

You got me at the end. That was perfect, absolutely perfect. I can’t think of a better way to wrap up this story. Our girls are happy, hopelessly in love and engaged! I am a total sucker for happy endings and you gave us a perfect one! While I’m sad that this story has ended, I can understand why. When it becomes a chore, you lose the enjoyment and the reason why we write these stories to begin with. I do have to disagree with you on one point though. I don’t believe you’re capable of ruining anything. I will miss your “discussions” with Muse. They have been as entertaining as your story. Speaking of your discussion, I thought you were attempting to say that maybe, just maybe, you were about to start a sequel to “Impact”. Wishful thinking or reality? I’m hoping it’s the latter. No matter the answer, I have enjoyed this story so thank you for sharing!
luci465 chapter 25 . 1/19/2013
I completely understand Marissa being hesitant regarding her relationship with David. He has a history of playing fast and loose with the facts and manipulating not only her but Bianca’s family which is becoming hers. She has every right to have her doubts about him and his sincerity. I also love how she calls him on things such as the legality of his research, his not coming forward with the knowledge that someone was impersonating Erica and that she was still being held hostage, his attitude thinking that maybe the kidnapping was actually good for her and most importantly that his actions and inactions hurt Bianca. There is no way that Marissa will ever let something like that slide. I’m glad David said he would apologize to Bianca. It’s the least he can do and does help him somewhat in Marissa’s book.

I love how you write the conversations between Bianca and Marissa. They are always so open, honest and heartfelt. They always find a way to help the other deal with whatever is going on and don’t let them avoid the tough questions or take the easy way out. The love, caring and friendship are always there, and these discussions not only heal but strengthen their bond. God knows, Bianca has been to hell and back, and she has somehow managed to maintain hope. I can see her wanting that for Marissa. Otherwise, she could become bitter and spiteful, and that’s really not who Marissa is. Bianca knows that and is doing what she can to help Marissa regain that part of herself. It’s hopefully an approach and outlook that will rub off on the others in their lives (hint, hint JR).

Loved the update as always! Oh, I hope Muse’s head is okay. Good thing there wasn’t a ceiling fan!
luci465 chapter 24 . 1/19/2013
Ah, Miranda is such a perceptive child and doesn’t miss a thing. Leave it to her figure out why her mom was quiet. It’s because Marissa isn’t around, and not only does Bianca miss her but so does Miranda. Her questioning Bianca about Marissa’s absence was heartbreaking. I know things are good with Maggie and Reese, but a part of Miranda still has doubts about them being left yet again by someone they had let into lives and hearts. Marissa had great timing in showing up when she did, coming to the rescue again. She was able to say just the right thing to ease Miranda’s fears and get her to smile and laugh. That was such a great scene.

I have to admit that I was just as anxious as Marissa when Bianca and she were alone. Thankfully, it didn’t last long and Bianca was able to reassure Marissa. The whole discussion between them was brilliant. It makes sense that Marissa would go to confront her past and make sure that Bianca and the girls would be safe. She should’ve clued Bianca in a little on what was going on with her, but she did have only the best intentions and again it was done in part to make sure that her family would be safe. Marissa finally got that last bit of closure she needed, and Bianca’s reaction to that was spot on. The thought of Marissa being alone at the lowest part in her life would absolutely break Bianca’s heart. I can also see Marissa learning from her actions and making good on her vow to never do something like that again. And once they were able to get all of serious topics out of the way, the playfulness was back in full force.

I love how you write them and every level of their connection and relationship. It really is true to the characters and brilliant. BTW, the “Biancasexual” line was classic!
Guest chapter 26 . 1/18/2013
complete already? hayyyyy i will miss this story... but anyway thanks ever so much ELLA
Guest chapter 26 . 1/18/2013
Ella - Thank you for continuing this story to a lovely conclusion. I hope we will see other Minx stories from you and your muse.
sarCHRIS2012 chapter 26 . 1/18/2013
MARISSA MARISSA YOU ARE TOTALLY HOT! YOU NAILED IT! GO GET YOUR GIRL BEFORE ANYONE WILL! I LOVE MINX! TOTALLY CUTE!
143BIANCA chapter 26 . 1/18/2013
i HeArD A RuMoUr? SoMeOnE's GeTTinG MaRRiEd? YaY! WhErE's ThE RiNg MaRiSSa? Im ExCiTeD!
FOREVERnLOVE36 chapter 26 . 1/18/2013
whattttttttttttttttttttttttt tttttttttttttttttttttttt oh my g! im having a heart attack . the great marissa, the great initiator! i love ur sureness girl!
sarCHRIS2012 chapter 25 . 1/11/2013
HOPE. THATS THE MOST UNSURE THING IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD.
143BIANCA chapter 25 . 1/11/2013
ThE BaBeS aRe CoMiNg BaCk! i LiKe ThAt!