Reviews for Aiya Eärendil Elenion Ancalima
Gimlifan8 chapter 1 . 8/18/2013
I thought it brilliant. Especially the last line.
How kind of Elbereth to put the savior of ME into exile. I've never understood this.
Oh, and Earendil meets Elwing everyday, or that's what LOTR wiki says anyway.
Lirenel chapter 1 . 10/20/2006
Just wanted to let you know that I still love all your Elrond stories. Probably some of the best I've ever read. (and let me tell you, I'm very picky about what I read) I recently got back into the Tolkien fandom and searched these fics out again.

Thank you for being such a great writer.
Zoya chapter 2 . 5/12/2003
This is for all three chapters ( had a problem connecting for chap. 3)

All chapters were exceptional, the last one being the best, especially with the imagery and the breath taking descriptions - I simply love it when people who review lead me to such lovely fics - the last chapter especially had me sniffling away (though that may have been because of the cold I have - LOL), but anyway, a beautifully written piece here. Keep it up!
Dragon Confused chapter 3 . 5/7/2003
OOh I liked this. I had read it before actually I think... But it was great.

I especially liked (:p) that you had put in Earendil's thoughts!

Alquamor chapter 3 . 11/6/2002
Well, let's try this: even ELROND doesn't know why he's unhappy.

How could you have written all of this if you hadn't read the Sil yet?
SilverElf chapter 3 . 10/23/2002
i enjoyed your story. it's a nice little scenero (for lack of a better word) that gives insight into three different characters. i liked how you did that. the only thing i'd change would be your A/N's, because i find A/N's in the middle of a story extremely annoying, because they disrupt the flow. instead of putting them in the middle of the story, try taking an (*) sign or something and adding them on to the end. i also liked your rather "ironic" situation...nice touch.

SilverElf
Random Reviewer chapter 3 . 6/10/2002
Awwwwwwwwwww! Sorry, I love angsty Sil fics, yours' fits the bill perfectly. I like your style of writing, your character portrayal is wonderful and I love your fic ideas! Iwish I could be like you...:)

Aezy, the mailing list girl
Le Chat Noir chapter 1 . 6/8/2002
Wow... The ending was beautiful. My favorite part in the whole of that story. Think of Eärendil the Star of Hope weeping in the heavens for his children, unheard by all... very good and painful.
iamtheanonymous chapter 3 . 6/4/2002
Whoa-okay-I choked back a tear when Earendil looked down upon Elrond and started missing him and Elros. Yet another brilliant chapter-I don't mind the sad tinge to the story as it does create the effect for the Elrond we see at present, in Lord of The Rings. But any continuation to this story is most definitely welcome!
iamtheanonymous chapter 2 . 6/4/2002
Another really brilliant chapter-Gil-Gald comes across as a very caring, emotional person in this story-I've never really imagined him as such from reading the books. I like the way he looks upon Elrond as a son and the pet name is real cute!
iamtheanonymous chapter 1 . 6/4/2002
Hey read your other fanfic and thought I'd better check this one out too-I have to say this right here-you are an amazing author-the way you capture the emotions of every character is brilliant! I hope to see more of your fanfics soon!
Jo March95 chapter 3 . 6/3/2002
Oh my goodness! This chapter was so touching, it made me cry! I love the way that you portrayed Earedil, so sad. Keep up the good work.
Sharwyn the Wandering Bard chapter 3 . 6/1/2002
Beautiful! I love the three different POVs, especially Eärendil's, that was very well done.
Furius chapter 3 . 6/1/2002
That is absolutely incredible. The third chapter is so painful, literally, I nearly cried. I don't think anyone else ever wrote from Earendil's pov before. I always consider him a very conflicting character. On one hand, he gets to sail through the night sky, a brilliant character, on the other, he abandones his family.
Stories from AngelsFall chapter 3 . 5/31/2002
Once again, lovely. Isn't it a wondeful sensation for the story to tell you where *it* wants to go, instead of the other way around? As for Elwing, as I recall she ends up going to Valinor and waits there for Earendil each day when he returns from his nightly voyages. Someone who has a clearer memory of the Silmarillion than I can give you a better answer.

One little technical thing. I got a tad bit confused about who was speaking from time to time in the paragraph that started, "'He’s asleep,' Elrond said softly." I figured it out, but I had to read it twice because Earendil's thoughts sort of tacked themselves onto Elrond's words, in my mind. Perhaps a paragraph break when you switch from one to the other (ergo, treating Earendil's thoughts like any other quotations) might help?

In any case, I really enjoyed this, and I'm looking forward to seeing where you go from here. Good luck cheering Elrond up!