Reviews for To Every Thing There Is a Season
Sad
mar888 chapter 1 . 6/6/2012
Nice
rthstewart chapter 2 . 4/29/2012
Ilgamuth's superb humanity just shines in this, in his care of the horses, his recognition of the costs of war, that in the end, he does not give Tash his heart. He takes the words of Kinboor very much to heart and you get the sense that he will serve Rabadash in part because he now sees his duty as keeping watch over the hotheaded Prince - helping him find the more moderate path.

Also the whole worldbuilding behind the Temple and the priestess of Azaroth was wonderful. I know you've got a lot more there, but it is great to read. I loved the little prayer Ilgamuth said to the mother of horses when he sent the mare off after slashing her shoulder. sniff.

He is a wonderful character.
WriterWilf chapter 1 . 4/29/2012
It really annoys me that you don't have any more reviews. I mean seriously, you deserve more reviews than nearly half of the authors on here. Sorry, just need to put my opinion out there.

I always did find Calormen history very intriguing. They are very different from the Narnians. They come from complete opposites sides of the world, with different views and customs and ways of seeing things. Everyone always wants to develop Narnia, yet very few ever take up the challenge of developing Calormen.

In case you haven't guessed, I love your fic. Sorry, I'm exhausted. And I'm pretty sure I sound like a nutcase. Which happens frequently when I'm exhausted. And I just love this fic to bits, so yeah, that makes me sound even more crazier. My apologies. XD
rthstewart chapter 1 . 4/28/2012
"What was it about Rabadash's focused attention that had driven away any doubts Ilgamuth had about serving him?" And this is the brilliance of the piece. As much as I adore Ilgamuth, what is terrific here is how we begin to see the cult of Rabadash's personality. He is ruthless, nasty, and arrogant, but he also has charisma, an eye for talent, and something which makes people want to follow him.

This is even better on the second read!