Reviews for Wishing
Satan Abraham chapter 1 . 6/3/2012
Oh dear lord. Beautifully written, a little awkward, but still beautiful.

WHAT I'M TRYING TO SAY - I love how this was written. It's very amazing, even tjough the subject is a little awkward.
MissingMommy chapter 1 . 5/20/2012
You know it was rather difficult to find one I haven't review yet AND under 5 reviews, but I did it! :D

Despite not liking incest too much, this is quite lovely. I feel so bad for Rabastan. Everyone was expecting so much from him and he doesn't feel like he can meet them - heartbreaking.

My favorite lines were, "But every once in a while, Rabastan catches himself wishing" - this just sums him up.

And, "But his heart does not listen to reason, and his brain daydreams no matter how many times he tries to force it back into order" - because when does the heart ever listen to reason and brains not think of things that are impossible?

Overall, it's quite lovely, like usual :D
Jemennuie chapter 1 . 5/15/2012
Incest squicks me a bit, but I think you did a good job with this one-shot. The idea of wanting something that will never happen is definitely relate-able and I think that's the best possible angle you could have used to approach this pairing and make Rabastan sympathetic.
Mr Bellatrix Lestrange chapter 1 . 5/5/2012
First, I have to say that I absolutely adore Rabastan's wishes. They seem very realistic for someone in his position, especially with that forbidden love he's clinging to. I've never read the pairing (surprise), but just the gentleness of a piece that would be expected to be harsh because of the characters... Well maybe I have a special place in my own fanfiction!Heart for these two. "His heart doesn't listen to reason." A fantastic line really, as is the following one. He can't be granted that kind of release, oh, not at all. But I sympathize with him when he upsets himself with the wastefulness of his feelings. "If only it weren't so impossible." Along with the description of Rodo in his arms. Well let's just say you did a fabulous job with this piece.
chewinggumandpencils chapter 1 . 4/29/2012
I think you did a really good job capturing his emotions in this. I do think that you could have made it better by showing him and his brother interacting. Showing moments that made Rabastan fall for Rodolphus would have definitely helped give the story some depth.

I am happy that you didn't make Rabastan convinced that it would happen, but did give him hope, because that's what human nature is like. We have hope for the impossible, though we know for a fact it can't happen.
Gamma Orionis chapter 1 . 4/28/2012
Oh god, I love you, I do.

I felt so sorry for poor Rab! I was literally tearing up by the end, because he's so sad and wistful and it's all impossible and OH GOD I JUST LOVED EVERYTHING ABOUT IT.

You have just made this day completely perfect :3