Reviews for A Father's Reflections
Reader chapter 1 . 9/5/2013
I love this, so much. But, to be kind of random, I wonder if Kevin Hearne knows about this...
JamesTKent chapter 1 . 8/27/2013
Delightful. I quite agree with your assessment about O'Sullivan and Dresden - the universe is NOT ready for that team-up
Of Manga and Men chapter 1 . 6/20/2013
Interesting fanfic, but I totally agree, I read the first three books during a road trip and I loved it. Rick Riordan may have had two maybe 3 pantheons in one book but I love that was able to top that (no disrespect to of course) I plan on making a fanfic or two based on these works but I'm going to need to research a few pantheons before I do. Well good luck with future writings
carriebess chapter 1 . 5/1/2013
Lots of fun!
acro acro chapter 1 . 4/2/2013
Loved it!
Guest chapter 1 . 1/20/2013
Great Story! I'm so glad someone decided to write a Fic for the book series!
Epiphany sola Gratia chapter 1 . 1/13/2013
This was a really well conceived. The voice sounded true to Atticus and I like his reflections on raising children and how his children. It makes me wistful to have more of my own. ;)

It really is very touching and gives a nice dynamic to an already complex and fun character.
MagicBookworm chapter 1 . 1/9/2013
SO GREAT! Couldn't say anything else. Just finished the 5th book of the series
and was looking right away for fanfiction. Actually I consider writing one myself...
Well, we'll see. But yours is just so good. I love the light tone at the beginning and the end.
And all these Irish names )
Well done I would say ;)
ELDERboys33 chapter 1 . 1/7/2013
Huge lack in Iron Druid Chronicles though I do wish someone would do a xover of this and The Dresden Files that would totally make my year. Not going to read this for a while because I just started the series in case of spoilers...Hope it's good (fingers crossed)
Scanndalus chapter 1 . 11/24/2012
Very good story. I really enjoy the Iron Druid Chronicles. And while I don't believe that you captured Atticus' essence, you did an incredible job telling this tale. It's about 100 times better than anything I've written so far.

You gave me a different aspect of Atticus than I would have dreamed for him, which I think is beautiful. Well done! Keep up the great work!
satr1mar chapter 1 . 11/16/2012
lovely. i am re-reading the books in prep for the new one. and this was just what i needed.
chadtayor020 chapter 1 . 10/19/2012
I could cry this was so wonderful.
TroyWeb chapter 1 . 10/1/2012
Thanks for posting the first Iron Druid fan fic story on FFnet. I love the books from Kevin Hearne! They are fun and really written from a guy's point of view.

Your story was nice. I think Granuaile and Atticus deserve the happy ending. I liked your description of the children. I can see Atticus as being a hilarious dad.

I disagree with the idea that a crossover with Dresden is going to destroy the world. Those two would ALMOST destroy the world, then call in a favor from a goddess or fairy at the last moment. I would give my first born child to get a chance at Mouse and Oberon swap stories about keeping their owner's out of trouble. LOL!

Your writing style is great. Keep up the good work!
Daire chapter 1 . 9/26/2012
Hi,

Nice snap shot into their future :) this might be a small nit pick however but as a fluent Irish speaker whose named Daire, id like to say you have the translation wrong. "Daire" spelled as you have it actually means Oak, as in the tree, and not fertile or fruitful. thats not to say one of the other spellings of Daire may mean fertile or fruitful, I know "Dara" means 2nd as in the 2nd child in the family, so the spelling "Darragh" may have the meaning you were after id have to look into it further though.
Rowan chapter 1 . 9/1/2012
Very nice. One of the weaker aspects of the books is that our beloved Atticus never has a chance to stop and breathe. He is always in a life and death situation. I would like to see more of him having less comic book type adventures and explore the richness of the system of druidic magic the Kevin has created. Please write more. I love this universe.