Reviews for Fading
aikihiro chapter 1 . 3/27
Ok so almost everyone’s comments are paragraphs so that says a lot about the story I want to write a paragraph to so let’s get started lol
sangoshippokirara chapter 42 . 2/27
This was a reeeaaaally great story! I binged it over the last few days. I wanted a darker Kingdom Hearts story and you delivered! I would have liked more closure with Sora and his friends... Maybe like a time skip scene. But I liked his closure with himself. Great job!
Iaveina chapter 42 . 2/15
I have absolutely, thoroughly enjoyed this entire story and I'm so so glad you shared it with us!
bananahead1 chapter 1 . 1/20
everyone give a giant round of applause for one of the few that has more than 10 million words
Guest chapter 5 . 11/17/2017
Just some formatting advice: these giant paragraphs are a headache to read. Might you consider splitting them up a bit? It’s a slog that unfairly detracts from an otherwise excellent story
Wishfull-star chapter 42 . 11/16/2017
that was a wonderful chapter and I can't wait for more:)
Buddahbb chapter 1 . 10/3/2017
First time i ever left a comment for this story was july 16th 2012 I was 19 I believe. Heartbroken and no friends. Your story deffinitley toom many things off my mind. This was the only story i really ever liked and for the past years i couldnt find it. I knew your name was something kitty or cat. So imagine trying to find your story based of that lol. But i found it and reread it! Thanks for your awesome work!
Guest chapter 17 . 7/21/2017
RRRRIIIIIKKUUUUUUU GO SAVE HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIM !¡!¡! How dare you do this to me
Basket in a Nutcase chapter 42 . 2/14/2017
And the blood will dry underneath my nails
And the wind will rise up to fill my sails
So you can doubt and you can hate
But I know no matter what it takes

I'm coming home, I'm coming home
Tell the world I'm coming home
Let the rain wash away
All the pain of yesterday
I know my kingdom awaits
And they've forgiven my mistakes
I'm coming home, I'm coming home
Tell the world I'm coming, home

(Holy frikkin heck this made me cry happy tears well done I applaud you good sir)
Basket in a Nutcase chapter 29 . 2/13/2017
nO AXEL COME BACK
Basket in a Nutcase chapter 28 . 2/13/2017
Holy heck I can't remember the last time I cried this much ;-;
Basket in a Nutcase chapter 11 . 2/13/2017
HE WAS THISCLOSE
Shoyzz chapter 43 . 12/19/2016
Ok! Sooo I just stumbled into this stories a few days ago and I've been reading like crazyyy
This is such a great fic! I loved how you portrayed all the characters and I gotta say I LOVE ALL THE ANGST that this story brought. And I'm more than ready to read the sequel nooow :3

Great work! I really liked it and I do hope as well that you think of other amazing stories to read :D
AuthorBugsy chapter 6 . 8/18/2016
I need to wake up early tomorrow wHY
John Smith chapter 42 . 6/13/2016
Wow! That was a really beautiful ending. I have so much to say that I don't know if I can get it all out in one review. That makes me glad you have that extra chapter added on now, so I can add one more review later if I feel like it. xD

Overall, this story was very well done. It had great storytelling and a strong dynamicism to it that kept me guessing and excited the whole time. The later part of the story, the "recovery" arc, I guess, felt much slower even though it really wasn't when I look back. However, I still really loved how well you handled it and approached Sora's slow recovery so well. This ending was particularly of interest to me because you didn't SHOW us how much better he was, and that was really nice. I actually got to the end and kind of had this odd feeling that it SHOULD have been a bad ending and it COULD have been a let-down, but instead it was very fulfilling and wonderful and warming to me. I think that's because it really did allow Sora to face his fear without the shame of being witnessed and worried about by his friends, and it allowed him to crush the darkness away by his own power and realization, no one else's. He had the support of Roxas, but it really was on his own. That was really significant and beautiful. It also allowed us to imagine what WE wanted Sora to be like after he defeated his inner darkness. Was he immediately recovered? Did it still take him some time? Was he his normal goofball self right away? We don't know, but we don't really have to know. All we know is that he WILL get better, and the timeframe isn't what matters.

Your characters were flawless, honestly. I mentioned in another review that your Axel wasn't the same as mine, and this became even more true toward the end when he was so unsure and kinda pathetic, honestly. Then I realized.. I've never even bothered thinking about how Axel (or any of the organization) would act if completely alone and abandoned. They all believe they have no purpose or existence, and to me that just BEGS for a full on existential crisis the moment their ONE goal/belonging is torn away from them. Even if Axel wasn't happy with the Organization, it was still all he had (or all he believed he had). I really like how you handled him, and this will definitely shape the way I think about him in the future! Awesome! Your Sora was also absolutely amazing. The ONLY thing that made me really sad about this fanfiction (well, other than all the actually sad stuff) was that we got to see so little of happy Sora. You started the fic at the perfect moment... but while it would have made the beginning drag in an undesirable way, my heart yearns for some happy opening scenes in which Sora is completely and totally himself. I definitely cannot choose a favorite character of yours, but both Riku and Kairi have to be at the top of the list. They were just incredibly well handled and so full of depth. Kairi's unlimited support and soothingness and Riku's steadfast desire to make things right were completely on-point. I really love so much how well you wrote both of them. All of your characters were great, however. Oh! I almost forgot so I'm adding this a little later. xD Your Roxas was also easily one of my favorites. I love how he acted so cool and confident even when he had no idea what was going on. This felt so true to his character that I was just tickled by how well you had him pegged! Awesome job on your Roxas too!

Can I say how much I appreciate how you handled the romance in this? It was just enough. I could argue that the Leon/Yuffie was unnecessary, but it was also completely unobtrusive and frankly very cute. I am not much of a shipper, myself. Unless there's an actual romance in the story, I usually don't think further about which character might fall for whom. For that reason, 99% of my ships are just what canon offers me and I accept. I feel like you could have added a lot of shipping in here, and I feel like it would have ruined the mood/feel of the beautiful fic. So let me just thank you very openly for not involving anymore romance than the sweet, meaningful romance you did. It was the perfect amount, not too much and not too little.

Overall, it was just gorgeous. The actual writing skills you employed made the story flow well, and it was almost hard to remember that I was reading a fanfiction most of the time. It was simple, it flowed well, and it was easy to read through quickly and smoothly. To me, that is the mark of a skilled writer. I'm so glad I got the opportunity to read this story and wish you all the best in future writings! :D

PS I just watched E3 2016, and once again the annual tradition of having my extremely high hopes of getting a KH3 release date shattered into ten thousand pieces was a glorious success!