Reviews for Departure
Sylvia Elaine chapter 30 . 2/14
I read this story straight through a few weeks ago when I was new to Fanfiction and wasn't sure how to approach reviewing. I limited myself to just reviewing a couple of writers just to get myself started namely Dublinwriter and Keller12917 and later EKWTSM9 . It was such a really good story that I will read it again one day and may put individual chapter reviews on then but, as it's a long story with many chapters, I will leave it for another day. I felt I wanted to go back and just put an overall comment on to say how much I really enjoyed this story and consider it one of the best SOSF stories that I have read on the fanfiction site. It gripped and held me from start to finish and I absolutely loved it. The TV programme obviously did not have time to give us much of a "What happened next" epilogue and I always felt there should have been more than just a glimpse of Steve's future after he left the SFPD. I always felt he was worth more than just a post at Berkeley teaching criminology and you provided it for us in this story. I really enjoy your style of writing and the way you grip your reader the whole way through. Thank you again for the pleasure of your story.
Smithy chapter 28 . 11/27/2013
You mentioned my hometown of Buffalo, but you'd never guess who my favorite NFC {football} team is. Yes, it is the San Francisco 49ers. Go figure. But I also like the Bills.
TheNaggingCube chapter 30 . 10/15/2013
This was wonderful a most excellent alternate ending to their cop partnership.

Each little bit was just a wonderful slice of their life. Voices rang so true.

Thanks for writing and sharing. I look forward to more from you anytime.
meixel chapter 1 . 7/12/2013
Thank you, Nicole! Since you are a 'guest' reviewer, I just wanted to respond and say 'thank you', especially since you included such a neat idea for a story. I'm a big sucker for Steve/Jeannie stories and what you suggest has interesting possibilities and conflict on many levels. It would make for a really good plot. As for my next story, while I hadn't planned on doing a sequel to "Departure", I may just do a ficlit inspired by your suggestion. If so, I'll make sure to dedicate it to you.

Please stay tuned. I also have it on good authority that a new "SOSF" story will post in the coming days. meixel
Nicole Miklos chapter 30 . 7/11/2013
departure was such a good story thank you for writing it. I like how it ended with Steve and Jeannie together and engaged. are you going to write another part to this story. I had an idea but do not know how to start but I was think of along the idea that Steve and Jeannie are seeing each other behind Mikes back and get captured by the very first crook that Steve and Mike put away. but Steve is still in rookie officer and a loose cannon that all his partners trouble controlling that is until he met Lt Mike Stone. I hope you maybe able to do something with this idea.
Tanith2011 chapter 30 . 10/27/2012
Definitely more than enjoyed this journey you've taken us readers on.

Bravo!

A bittersweet ending with departures by the two most important people in Mike's life but he now has a new partner and a wonderfully, fun, caring woman to brighten up his days. Glenn is a great choice. I was whooping for joy that he became Mike's ideal partner while Dan ended up in IA. I also feel kinda sorry for

Dan and hope that he too will find someone to fill that empty space in his life.

Mike's thoughts from his POV written with such dedication to his character. I hope you will do more stories in this style. You have a gift, and one I would like to see you use in "another fandom"...hint...hint...I believe you have an inkling of which one I'm talking about *WINK*
Tanith2011 chapter 29 . 10/27/2012
I love, love LOVE Irene! Thank you so much for bringing her into your story. This was such a romantically, beautifully chapter. I felt like I was standing in the same room, watching it all play out. I remember "Endgame", having watched it a week ago and that hospital scene with Steve and Jeannie was cute and made me grin from ear to ear.
Tanith2011 chapter 28 . 10/27/2012
Wow this was the one tear jerker of a chapter. I'm going to read this again as I listen to the songs (some of which I'm unfamiliar with). The party sounds like wonderful fun at first until Steve asked Jeannie to dance with him then I started to reach for the box of tissues!

"Be good to her"

Aww that was the saddest line of this story that I can recall. It just held so much feelings behind the words. If I were Jeannie I would've been in tears. The way Steve reminisced about picking up Jeannie from the bus station when she came home from college to stay with Mike was too much. I do hope they'll see each other again soon.

I thought Steve asking Norm's sister to dance was sweet.

A beautifully written scene.
Tanith2011 chapter 27 . 10/27/2012
After finally watching season 3 and 4, I have to say I like Irene and how you've brought her into this story. I loved the inclusion of several things in this chapter:

1) Everywhere they go, there are always stairs! This was something we noticed while watching the series.

2) Irene and Jeannie spoiling Steve with wonderful food - how mouth watering and sweet of them!

3) The banter between Mike and Steve with Steve rolling his eyes and making a quip about being tucked in was hilarious and a scene that I could visualize as I read it.

4) Steve's comment on Carolyn being great in bed and Mike's reaction was too funny but I liked how this conversation shifted to a more serious tone where we get a hint of Steve's feelings toward Jeannie. I can see them as a brotherly/sisterly relationship in the later seasons but I do prefer the light touches of a romantic chemistry between them earlier in the series.

Steve being Lenny - nice! At least he'll still be helping Mike on a different capacity. I was wondering what he'll choose.
carismum chapter 10 . 10/19/2012
Steve in designer gear in a dumpster! Priceless!
carismum chapter 7 . 10/19/2012
Well I still don't like Carolyn! Poor Joey on the other hand...
carismum chapter 6 . 10/19/2012
Its nice to see some kind of family background for Steve!
carismum chapter 4 . 10/19/2012
Yep poor Joey's getting in way over his head I feel. This is very well written!
carismum chapter 2 . 10/19/2012
Hmm I seem to have taken an instant dislike to Carolyn not sure why. Poor Joey, I have a feeling bad things will happen later on.
carismum chapter 1 . 10/19/2012
Okay, I'm a bit (a lot) behind with this story! Just wondered if you gave Steve's girlfriend the name after Carolyn Weston who wrote the book the series was based on?