Reviews for Are you a hero?
young dawn chapter 1 . 7/9/2010
Hmm, this is a bit of a darker take on things in the Dragon Ball world, but it was definitely intriguing. Ultimately, I do believe that Goku is a hero, but this fic has its merits. There are points you make that I can't disagree on. Even before readingthis, I understood that family members (I'm assuming that the firsttwo were Goten and Chi-Chi) could be left feeling bitter at his actions. I find this to be a realistic take on things. And while it's true that Goku does indeed enjoy fighting, I don't believe that that's his only reasoning behind the act. All in all, I found this to be a good read. Well done, and thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Always.

Sora(:
MiraiEvo chapter 1 . 2/9/2004
I totally agree. I thought i'd reveiw (despite that it's been like year since anyone has, i just now read it, so...yeah...) here's the list-
-Goku leaves to train after he dies fighting Raditz. This one is pretty understandable, though.
-On Namack, he goes Super Sayain after his FRIEND dies. Afterwards, he yells at Gohan to go away.
-Earlier, you see Gohan hugging his dad, but Goku just sits there. If you look, he never hugs his kids 'till he's about to go back to otherworld (and it was more like just holding Goten up)
-Goku goes planet hopping for about a year and a half after Namack. I sincerily dought he spent the whole time learning IT, and the ship would've been able to get back to Earth from Namack in about a week.
-After cell, he dies and doesnt' come back. He could've (they were going to use the dragonballs on Namack, but he wanted to stay dead)
-In the end of DBZ and the begining of GT, what do you find him doing? Training. Goten complains about how he doesn't want to fight at the end of DBZ, and he's fighting with UUb after having left his family and friends for 10 years to train this guy he meet at the tournament.
-Then he leaves. Again. Notice that he never really seems upset when he goes away, though...
Anyhow, there's my rant - sorry, just thought i'd correct those people who thought he couldn't be revived or something.
Keep writing!
~Mirai Evo
Rogue Maverick chapter 1 . 1/6/2003
he is also the worst father in the world and a lousy friend everyone likes him to much
Born4Glory chapter 1 . 1/1/2003
Goku is a hero. Point final.

(By the way, he didnt comeback after getting killed by Cell because technically he couldnt since he had already been wished back once. Not only because he didnt want to)

-ReignOfTerror-
Last Night's Eyeliner chapter 1 . 11/9/2002
Great Fic! I used to believe Goku was hero, before I became a die-hard Vegeta supporter, (*Sniff* Dark, dark days.) but now I think he's not. After all, he should think of his family first, right?
Mizuwari1986 chapter 1 . 8/18/2002
Hmm...well...I'm never sure what to make of Goku. I do think it was stupid of him to decide not to be wished back, since his family SHOULD come before anything(in my opinion). Is he a hero? In some ways, yes. In other ways, heck no_
Takami1 chapter 1 . 8/14/2002
Yeah! Go my good friend Go! (For reviewer readers...I know her outside of )Umm here are my guesses on which opinion is which. The first one is Gohans, the second one could be anybodys but I'm gonna have to say chi-chi's and the third one is vegetas definatly vegeta's. AND WHEN ARE YOU GONNA ADVERTISE ME!
Son Akito chapter 1 . 6/5/2002
Well Gohan said the first part, then Chi-chi, then Vegeta. Not that hard to tell because you did a great job.

::stands up and claps:: I so agree with everything that was in this story. I'm a Goku hater, yes indeed I am. I like to make Goku feel bad for what he did after the Cell Games (read my story Forgiveness and you will see there). I hate Goku with all my heart, he always leaves his family like that, fool. He should be in hell, too bad he is a good guy. Just he doesn't know what love is. He loves a animal like he loves his wife, and that is so wrong. I feel so sorry for Gohan and Chi-chi. Poor things, and Goten who never got to meet his father...Sad really.

Great job!
moonymonster chapter 1 . 6/3/2002
AWSOME! I AGREE TOTALLY! I've been watching DBZ to try and understand it, and that's my opinion too! WOW! Nice job! ::Wonders if this is the only non-flame review:: _

Moony Scale: 11!

I loved the ending. Very cool. _
Deana chapter 1 . 5/31/2002
I don't know... I personally think he's a hero, but I suppose you're entitled to your own opinion.

True, he doesn't seem to miss his family as much as he probably should, but I think he loves them. I think he really loves Chi-chi too, I mean, in the Jap. version he is always dreaming about her.

He doesn't just fight for the sake of fighting (although that's part of it) he fights to protect teh ones he loves. The whole reason he goes SSJ is because Krillen gets killed, that should show how much he cares for others.

And as far as the other characters are concerned, they adore him (except maybe Vegeta).
Mark chapter 1 . 5/31/2002
Nice story, but I'm afraid I'd have to disagree with you. If you seriously believed that you staying dead would keep evil away from the earth and result in everyone staying alive, wouldn't you stay dead?

That is a hero in my book. Someone who gives everything up for the sake of saving lives. You are entitled to your opinion, but I hope you will think seriously about what you would be doing in Goku's case.
gnome of chaos chapter 1 . 5/30/2002
WAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH! GOKU! It's not...er...ok, it's kinda true, but I twist and distort his character to make him loving-WAAAHHH! Nice though, I don't know whether I'd say he's a hero in my opinion. I can kinda see his attitude-Goku didn't have the easiest of childhoods himself...hmm...I'd say Gohan is MUCH more of a hero than Goku. GOku is...Goku. I dunno. Nevertheless, good piece, very brave, well done, only thing I'd say is it needs to be longer. Delve into Goku as the anti-hero-don't be afraid of flames!
Kazie Solo chapter 1 . 5/30/2002
This is a really great fic! Well, for me, Goku IS a hero, but just as everyone else, he has faults and mistakes. I mean, nobody's perfect. And I'm not referring to his brain, I mean another fault/mistake.

The first one... I think it's Goten. "It’s hard. I get up every day and try to live my life. I was forced to grow up fast. You haven’t been here for me." You haven't been here for me. I think that's what Goten feels. I mean, Goku had been there for Gohan, he had even been there for Pan, but why not for him?

The second one... I think it's Chichi. "Even though I don’t want to, I’ll always find myself waiting for you. It’s always the same. Every time you leave, we will wait. Hoping you’ll come back." I think for Chichi, she just wants Goku to be her HUSBAND, not a hero, but just her husband, who'll be spending his time with her and their kids.

The third one, I'm sure that it's Vegeta. This line says it all, "I may never have beaten you, but I’ll always be the better man." That spoils it all.

Great fic, are you gonna write more chapters? Well I think you would... like from Gohan, Piccolo, Trunks and the others' POV. Great job. I'll wait for the update!
VegetaGokuLover chapter 1 . 5/30/2002
Well, this is pretty good, but I mean ofcoarse Goku is a hero! He sacrificed himself in the Saiyan Saga, then he went up against Frieza in the Frieza Saga, (and he was the first Super Saiyan), He sacrificed himself again in the Cell Saga, and in the Buu Saga, he beat Buu with Vegeta's help! And ofcoarse he wasn't there for ChiChi and Gohan, because he sacrificed himself!If he didn't, then none of them would be alive right now!
Orkkie chapter 1 . 5/30/2002
Hello;

I think your story is very good , even though Goku is my favorite character. I think he is one of the hardest people to understand in the dragon ball world because he never really exlains his reasoning and we never learn much about his though process , and truthflly most of the others talk about his lack of intelligence THEN rely on him too much saying things like goku will save us. He probally wanted to get away from all that pressure and ridicule. I dont think Goku is a hero , in most cases hero's sacrifice themselves for other peoples happiness , I think goku sacrifices himself to destroy the enemy because he is usually the only one who can defeat it though the follies of his allies(gohan/vegeta) or the fact that no one else is strong enough(everyone else). Goku is not a hero , hero's dont make people sad because they CHOOSE to stay away.

I'm sorry I am just about to go to sleep when I wrote this please excuse the poor puncuation and mis-spelled words.

Respectfully;